This is NOT a standalone application!
This is a BETA-version plug-in to connect Locale / Tasker with uNagi Nagios and/or Icinga client, this way automating the tasks you'd like to perform when something changes on your Nagios or Icinga account, monitored hosts or services.
In order to use it you will also need
1. Locale or Tasker
Being a BETA means that it is in a very flexible state, so if you have any suggestion of extensions that would ease your work, send me a note, we'll work it out!
Please also contact me if you find any errors, malfunctions, so I can fix them as soon as possible!
With this plug-in you can automate Nagios / Icinga issue handling:
It will notify your Locale and/or Tasker instance, when the conditions you've defined are met.
You can choose from three scenarios, depending on what kind of data you are interested in from the ones that are synchronized with your chosen Nagios / Icinga accounts:
1. Listen to account changes
There are quite several choices you can set on per account basis:
- error uccurred during update
- has Host(s) Down
- has Unreachable Host(s)
- has Healthy (Up) Host(s)
- has Service(s) in Critical state
- has Service(s) in Warning state
- has Service(s) in Unknown state
- has Healthy (Ok) Service(s)
It's important that you specify a valid account name in Account field, like: home
Once the value of the checked preferences above has changed, this plugin will be notified, and your desired tasks can be performed.
2. Listen to host data changes
Here you'll need to specify a valid host name from the chosen account as well.
Your options on defining the desired condition are:
- check the host's status whether it is Down Unreachable or Up
- has Critical Service(s)
- has Warning Service(s)
- has Unknown Service(s)
- has Healthy Service(s)
and you also can specify mandatory states of this monitored host, that (if checked) should be satisfied for this plugin to trigger an action:
- the notifications on the host should be enabled / disabled
- the host (if has any problem) should be / should be not acknowledged
- the host should be / should be not in scheduled downtime
- the host is / is not flapping between states
3. Listen to service data changes
On this view you have to specify a valid host and service name from the chosen account as well.
If no condition is specified, or the mandatory fields (account name, host, service and blurb) are not filled correctly, the current edit session will be cancelled!
You can listen to this service's state changes, as it can be found in
- Critical state
- Warning state
- Unknown state
- Ok (Healthy)
You can also specify mandatory states of this service, that (if checked) should be satisfied for this plugin to trigger an action:
- the notifications on the service should be enabled / disabled
- the service (if has any problem) should be / should be not acknowledged
- the service should be / should be not in scheduled downtime
- the service is / is not flapping between states
For this plugin to receive notifications about a service, you have to check / register it for uNagi alerts!
That can be done via selecting the checkbox that appears on the right side of each service item, or via the context menu item on the parenting host.
Note, that the browse buttons for hosts and services will only work if uNagi is running, and the selected account exists + is activated!
Also note, that when browsing the services of a particular account / host, all of them will appear, and are selectable, but you will receive update only on those that are also registered for such action: uNagi alert.
In addition, in Tasker there will be exported variables too (the ones you need, so please write me on this topic too!)
The list of currently exported variables can be found on the developer site: http://unagi.rekaszeru.ro/plugins.html#notifier