Record your sailing trips, while you are sailing.
You can also add photos and comments to your track while sailing.
The app uploads your trip data to your free account at www.keepsailing.net, for you to re-experience the sailing trip whenever you wish.
You can also share the sailing trip with friends and family, even live while you are sailing.
Requires a free account at http://www.keepsailing.net.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend using a charger while tracking during long trips.
THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark and Start line Range
- Wind shift indicator
- Course deviation indicator
- Cross track error
- Count down time
- Time to burn
- Tracker etc.
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
We are integrating our app with standard boat electronics, various multifunctional displays, smart watches and augmented reality glasses.
Have a good start and even better finish.
Help at http://nautkaapps.wordpress.com
The Fast Track has three main sections. The Dashboard, the Map View, and the Leg Comparison Tool.
Before sailing The Fast Track app, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the app in the simulation mode, where you will be provided with the necessary buttons to simulate your boat's speed and bearing.
You can easily define navigation waypoints, or import them from a GPX file.
The Fast Track app works as a time to line tool, synchronized with the regatta
chronometer, keeping you informed with estimated time to the start line. So you can make a perfect start!
When choosing a destination, The Fast track app will automatically
determine the theoretical wind of direction as upwind or downwind from your current position. Each time the boat passes through the direction of wind, The Fast Track app will assume the boat's tacking or gybing. And creates a new leg.
You can also specify the wind direction, so this angle will be used to decide when a tack or gybe has occurred. While the deviance keeps referred as the difference between the current boat bearing and the initial bearing to Waypoint.
The Text to Speech functionality can be activated from the preference menu, this enables The Fast track app speak specific navigation information updates, without the need to look at the screen.
Analyze your sailing through useful line charts as Speed, VMG & Deviance evolution.
Get full statistics from your sailing track as the Total Distance, Maximum & Average Speed, etc.
Save your navigation to GPX format and analyze it later in your PC, with your favorite GPS software as Google Earth, Garmin Basecamp, etc.
GPX file is saved in the folder /sdcard/TheFastTrack/AAAAMMDD_HHMM.gpx
AAAAMMDD is the date
HHMM is the time
- Offline Maps. Now you can cache (store) cartography before sailing and have it available in the middle of the sea without data connection. Based on Open Street Maps (osmdroid project) and the overlays from Open Sea Maps
- Waypoints Name & Location modification
- Proximity alerts to Waypoint
- Route Statistics (Length, Num. Waypoints, etc.)
- Enable/Disable Legs auto - generation
We recommend you to use a bluetooth external GPS antenna to enhance the accuracy of the application and get the better results.
Your comments & reviews are welcome, they help enhance the product visibility and future improvements. Thus, if you like The Fast Track, please rate it in Google Play. If you don't like it please provide some description or email us directly, so we can take it into account to fix it for future releases. If a new release solves some of your previous issues we will really appreciate if you test it again and re-evaluate it.
Special Thanks to:
Bálint László, for his contributions, ideas & hungarian language translations
Teresa Albelda & Yolanda Barranco for the French translation
Anders Ericsson for his great tutorial about Android Line Charts:
*** THIS IS THE PREVIEW VERSION WHICH ONLY COVERS THE BASIC RULES AND THE START ***
The app shows how the official ISAF racing rules of sailing are put into practice and apply during a regatta. It is made for anyone who doesn't find the time or motivation to study the text-based version.
If you are looking for an easy way to learn the ISAF racing rules or simply want to re-fresh your knowledge, this app is for you.
Regardless of your sailing experience you will get a better understanding of how the racing rules of sailing interact on the course and how you can use them to your advantage. All important rule changes of the 2013 - 2016 edition are included, as well.
The racing situations are categorized into into Basic Rules, Start, Upwind Leg, Windward Mark, Downwind Leg, Downwind Mark and Finish, which makes them easy to find and access. Swipe gestures are used to navigate between illustrations of the same category.
• Over 80 up-to-date racing situations
• Understandable explanations
• Rule number references
• Simple navigation
• Always available on your phone
* Input your course using the waypoints Navigatta already knows about, or add your own waypoints easily.
* Tell Navigatta which way round the mark to go, so you can tell the crew at a glance.
* View your Distance and Bearing to the Mark, Course over ground, Velocity Made Good and Estimated Time to Mark on a high contrast screen.
* Navigatta automatically increments to the next leg when you approach the current mark.
* View your course on the map by swiping to the map view in the Race Navigator screen.
We are building up a database of racing waypoints. If you find some that we are missing, please contact us: email@example.com
Luminous Development are a software company focused on user experience. Here are some nice little touches we think you'll appreciate.
When editing a race:
* Accidentally added the startline as a race mark? Just move the mark and drag it to the start line section.
* Not sure which is the port end and which is the starboard end of the line? Just add the waypoints and Navigatta will figure it out for you based on where the next mark is.
When viewing a race:
* Change the Race Navigator between Race List, Mark Information and Map View by swiping the black bar at the bottom.
* Tap a mark in the Map View to see its name and rounding details.
* You won't accidentally exit the Race Navigator when the app is in your pocket. The Race Navigator requires you to press and hold buttons (long press). Of course, you can change that behaviour in the settings screen.
* No need to unlock your device in Race Mode. The Race Navigator sits over the top of your lock screen.
* Alternatively, keep the screen on all the time if the device is mounted in the cockpit. Have a look in settings for these options.
* Navigatta monitors your race even when the screen is off. As you approach the mark, it will automatically increment to the next mark for you. If you don't pass close enough, you can set the current leg (see next).
* Long press a mark in the Race Mark List to set that as the current leg.
Navigatta uses the following permissions:
- To download existing waypoints from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- To download the maps data and image tiles.
- To report your race progress to Navigatta.com
- For accurate race navigation
- For creating waypoints based on your current location
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database if Cellular location is unavailable.
- For determining which waypoints to download from the Navigatta.com Waypoint Database
- Used for managing the Navigatta processes.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine how conservative to be when accessing the maps servers.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to determine if the network is available.
- Used by the mapping subsystem to cache map tiles.
- Used to inform the user that a dragged item was dropped in the wrong place.
Simply download the YachtBot Mobile app on your smart-phone and you’re ready to start tracking. YachtBot Mobile automatically sends live data to YachtBot Hub. On the YachtBot Hub your friends, family and coach can watch live from the anywhere in the world.
For more information visit: http://www.igtimi.com/
App for sailors, yachts and boats, containing
a set of nautical applications:
- Magnetic Compass
- Speedometer in knots, Course over Ground
- Distance measurement/Log in Nautical miles and meters. Also useful for anchoring.
All in large, high contrast characters
This is the only app you need when it comes to Kayak Sail.
Do you want to get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals about Kayak Sail? Then download this app now!
Kayak sails are gaining in popularity. They have revolutionized downwind sailing. Kayak sail provides you with an interesting, useful, worthwhile, amusing and most of all fun. With leads running directly to your paddle, sailing is an integrated, pro- active sport, like wind surfing or boardsailing.
Discover more about Kayak Sail! Download this app and get these amazing features!
- A non- stop, daily stream of latest news.
- Like and comment on articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest products!
- Read the latest articles and comments.
- Know the latest update
- Be one of the firsts to get the best deals.
- Share news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
*All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
The App also includes a list of all of the current RYA PY numbers (2013) and from this you can select the PY number for the race calculation. This latest version also allows you to build a custom database of PY numbers so that you can have personal handicaps or club specific PY numbers to take account of local conditions.
The app developer is actually a dinghy sailor who developed this app because his friends were using the Apple app, and there was nothing similar for Android. Now there is!
Please enjoy this app, and send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also available on the ISAF website are details of Racing Rule changes authorized by ISAF under Rule 86.2, National Prescriptions and ISAFs Policy on the Reproduction of The Racing Rules.
As a result of actions taken by the ISAF Racing Rules Committee and the ISAF Council during the ISAF Annual Conference, changes may be made to The Racing Rules of Sailing. These changes are published as Supplements to the RRS.
The new release adds many features for optimal approaching to the start line.
A minimun display resolution 400*240 is required.
The following information are provided in a glance.
1) When navigating to the next waypoint (see figure 1):
- target waypoint bearing (orange point)
- target waypoint air distance (orange number on top right)
- real boat speed (red number on top right)
- real wind direction (blue arrow)
- layline position (green line)
- distance to layline (red number on top left)
- distance along layline (green number)
- total distance to target waypoint (red number on bottom= distance to layline + distance along layline)
- effective speed to target (red number on bottom)
- polar diagram of effective speed
2) When approaching the start line (see figure 2):
-start line position as bearing of right and left ends (green arc and red and green points)
-boat route and its intersection with start line (red dotted line)
-distance to the nearest point of start line (orange number on top left)
-distance to the start line along current route (green number on the top left)
-time to start line with current route and speed (green number on the bottom center)
-time to the nearest point of start line with current speed (orange number on the bottom center)
-count down timer (blue number on the bottom center)
All you have to do is to insert the waypoint position and wind direction then Regatta will display the route to target with layline and polar diagram of effective boat speed.
The polar diagram is not the usual polar diagram that is a boat intrinsic. The effective speed is the airline distance to target divided by the estimated time to target, given the current route going to layline and then to target along the layline. The effective speed is an index of effectiveness of route and varies with the route angle. The polar diagram shows you which is the route angle that optimizes the time to target and compares effective speeds for different angles.
There are many ways to insert waypoints. You can do it manually or using a map or using Regatta as a bearing compass.
You can find more info here: http://www.embedia.it/files/regatta/man_en_5_0.pdf.
The Regatta Basic is a demonstration version limited in the number of waypoints that can be memorized in the same time (max 4 including 2 for start line) and in total number of waypoints (max 30).
Please leave your feedbacks and suggestions here:
Vor Ihrer Anfahrt zum Liegeplatz können Sie sich schnell über den dort vorherrschenden Wetterzustand informieren.
Denn diese App bietet Ihnen:
- aktuellen Zugriff auf Starkwind-/ Sturmwarnungen
- aktueller Wasserstand / Pegel Konstanz
- aktuellen Zugriff auf über 20 Webcams
- aktuellen Zugriff auf über 30 Wetterstationen
Rund um den Bodensee !
Ausserdem haben Sie den monatlichen Überblick über Wassersport-Events !
Three of the „Tactical Sailing” tips start to finish are with sound. The other 11 tips include: the rules of Right of Way (ISAF), advanced racing tips of boat speed ranges for dinghies, yachts and skiffs all presented in video clips. In 2012 these tips were awarded winner of the "European Award for Technology Supported Learning - Best Media Didactics!“
Tablet and Phone: This App, however, is only the first step into the world of sailing. Designed for Tablet-PC from size 1024x800 or better. It will also display on phones, but of course in smaller sizes of videos, 90 MB of memory is required.
These tips - and further 40 tips - are part of a game: "Tactical Sailing - A Game Against the Wind" and “Boat Against Boat”. If you want to have fun with a powerful Tactic and Strategy game, See a demo for free and order it on our website www.TacticalSailing.com - runs on PC and Mac. Keep in touch with other Tactical Sailors and Coaches, see News and Info online. © Photo front page: Fried Elliott.