The official offline version of the open Orthodox encyclopedia "Drevo" (https://drevo-info.ru), contains more than 31 thousand articles and 19 thousand illustrations, including:
- dictionary of religious terms and concepts
- church calendar
- information about Orthodox shrines and church holidays
- biographies of church and historical figures
- information about religious organizations
- articles about temples, monasteries, necropolises
- Bible: full text of the Russian synodal translation with a parallel Church Slavonic translation
- bible dictionary
- Church Slavonic dictionary
- geographical and historical information
All the functionality of the application is available free of charge and without ads. "Paid content" is just an opportunity for a voluntary donation to the developer.
The application does not require an Internet connection, with an Internet connection it becomes possible to view maps, illustrations in high quality and pages of third-party sites to which the articles of the "Tree" refer.
The project is actively developing, the information in the articles is specified and supplemented, new articles are added. The application database is updated monthly when the application is updated. Attention, sometimes the update may be accompanied by downloading the full database (about 200 MB). If such traffic is critical for you, disable automatic updates and update manually when it suits you.
- alphabetical dictionary with the ability to search by headings
- glossary and article content can be displayed on the same screen or separately
- day and night themes
- the font size of the text of the article can be easily scaled with a pinch gesture (push-spread two fingers across the screen), in the settings you can specify the desired font size
- you can bookmark articles
For more details about the features of the application, see the project page: http://drevo-info.ru/articles/19734.html
The content of the encyclopedia "Drevo" deserves a critical attitude: there are still many "blank spots", there is a possibility of inaccurate information getting into the texts of the articles. Come to the site "Dreva", criticize, correct and supplement, help us improve the "Dreevo", and with the new update your device will have an encyclopedia with a piece of your work.
You can discuss the application and get answers to questions in the forum section: http://drevo-info.ru/forum/articles/19734.html
And of course we count on your ratings and comments here on Google Play. A big request: please send error messages in the application strictly to the above forum or by mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we will not be able to contact you and ask clarifying questions, and without this it is very difficult to find and correct the error. Thank you!
If you like the app, tell us about it on your website and social media. networks. The popularity of the project will attract new authors, and as a result, everyone will benefit.
The developer is considering proposals for cooperation. We are looking for iOS programmers to create an encyclopedia application on this platform. Write to: email@example.com