• Intervals - melodic or harmonic, ascending or descending
• Chords - extended chords including 9ths, 11ths and 13ths, inversions, open and close harmony. Create custom extended chords (e.g. Cmaj13(#11))
• Scales - Major, harmonic major, natural minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor, neapolitan scales, pentatonics... All scales including their modes (e.g. Lydian #5 or Locrian bb7)
• Melodies - random melodies up to 10 notes, configurable greatest step
• Chord Inversions - identify inversion of a known chord
If the built-in exercises are not enough for you, you can create your own custom exercises (one for each training type in Free version).
Challenge yourself with our exercises of the day.
Input answers using buttons or piano keyboard.
Use the statistics reports to see your strengths, weaknesses and progress.
Ear trainer for musicians who want to improve their relative pitch recognition abilities and get one step further towards perfect pitch.
Keywords: ear training, ear trainer, aural skills, interval recognition, solfeggio, solfege, music, musician, relative pitch
This app allows you to improve your knowledge and ability in ear training, sight reading and writing music rhythms.
Through dictation, reading and tapping rhythm exercices, you will progress at your own pace following the different levels. You always have a global view on your last results.
This app is translated in:
Kind of exercices:
* Reading (Reading and tapping on your screen or clapping your hands or some claves etc.)
* Dictation (Listening and writing)
* Write your own rhythms (listen or tap them)
Kind of rhythms:
And many more...
The free download of this app gives access to:
* more than 80 exercices and exams with growing difficulty
* lessons (with text and music roll)
You can create and listen to your own rhythms, then try to play them to check your accuracy.
You can also create an exercice by picking the levels you particularly want to work on.
The only purchases you can do, are after the app is installed and tested at your own pace.
If you still wish to reach higher levels of music theory, then you will have the opportunity through the app to access to:
* more than 150 different exercises
* more than 25 different exams
* all the rhythm music theory lessons
* full detail of the accuracy of your taps (in ms)
* full access to Custom games (Write your own rhythm, create an exercise by picking in all existing exercises)
* unlimited replays in exercises
* discounts for the next published games in this app
The permissions in this app are:
- "In-app purchases" : to allow users to buy items (the list of items is written just above)
- "Microphone" : the app uses the microphone to allow users to play in Read and Clap game. In that game, users can play with theirs hands, with some claves etc. in order to produce sound that will be recorded by the microphone.
Please, contact us if you have any problems with the app, or if you want to give us feedback!
You can find information about:
• Circle of fifths
• Note values
• Symbols (dynamics, articulation etc.)
There are four different exercises available:
• Intervals - listening exercise
• Chords - listening exercise
• Note Reading - reading exercise (treble and bass clef)
• Intervals - reading exercise
Everything is free except "hard" and "expert" for the exercises. To unlock those difficulties you need to purchase the full version of Music Theory Helper. You can purchase the full version from inside the app. We really appreciate if would do so.
In-app purchases - Our app requires this permission, so you can purchase the full version, which unlocks some extra features for the app. This is a great way to show us that you appreciate our work ;)
This app uses:
• 10 different games to become a better musician and achieve high scores in grade theory exams: Higher Lower, Pitch Training, Interval Training, Chord Distinction, Scale Identification, Interval Comparison, Pitch Identification, Melodic Dictation, Chord Progression and Absolute Pitch.
• Highly authentic and configurable piano (grand piano sounds, multitouch, glissando, highlighting, standard or solfege (do re mi) note names, haptic feedback)
• Resizeable piano suitable for all devices and tablets.
• Suitable for beginners to advanced musicians. Games have different levels and you can program and focus on specific chords, intervals, progressions, scales etc.
• Progress Chart
• Each game has own help and tutorials to get most out of the app.
***** Higher Lower *****
Develop your skill to recognize different pitches.
Given 2 notes, can you identify whether the second note is higher or lower in pitch than the first note? A beginners exercise. You can make the exercise more difficult by restricting the range of the 2 notes played.
***** Pitch Training *****
Given a single note, can you play it back? This exercise allows your to zoom in on the note using relative pitch skills, and will record how many notes it takes for you to correctly identify. Make this more difficult by setting a time interval between listening and playing.
***** Interval Training *****
Given 2 notes, do you know how far apart they are? Being able to determine intervals between notes in the key skill to playing by ear.
You can change the base note to interval train in any key.
This is made easy as it associates an interval (e.g. Minor 2nd, Major 2nd, Minor 3rd, etc.) with a well known song. Select Song Clue to use a well known song as a learning aid to identify the intervals by ear.
***** Chord Distinction *****
Can you distinguish a Major from a Minor for example?
100s of chords.
Select apreggio mode to make chord distinction easier.
Select highlight to inspect the construction of the chords.
You can change the key of the chord.
Work your way through the levels.
Breakdown of chords listed on Help page.
***** Interval Comparison *****
Given 2 intervals, can you determine whether the second interval is wider or narrower in distance?
***** Pitch Identification *****
A popular test that comes up in music grade aural exams. Given a chord can you identify a specific note/pitch within it? For example, given a C Major chord, can you find the highest note?
***** Melodic Dictation *****
Given a melody, can you play it back?
***** Chord Progression *****
Can you distinguish a I - IV - V - I progression from a I - V- IV - I? Contains all the most common chord progressions which you will find in nearly all the most popular songs.
***** Scale Identification *****
Given a scale, can you identify it as a Major scale, Harmonic Minor or Natural Minor for example?
***** Absolute Pitch *****
Given the same note played at different octaves, can you identify its pitch?
Includes a 'Learning' mode to imprint the pitches into the brain.
It was developed by two college professors who employed network modeling to help clarify how many of the basic concepts in music are connected by simple, interrelated patterns.
ScaleNet's melody-game incorporates a large library of diverse melodic phrases which provide a constantly changing "real world" note-ID environment. The skill sets developed through the use of ScaleNet are applicable to Traditional, Popular, EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Classical music.
ScaleNet provides interactive learning spaces associated with:
--Keys and their graphic layout on the staff (mirrored in touch-pads).
--Simple key relationships: Major, relative minor and parallel minor.
--Complex key relationships--and how harmonic progressions are nested within their natural order.
--Note identification employing treble, alto, and bass clefs within all keys in a timed play-environment.
--Ear-training through simple additive melodic phrases which are spontaneously sequenced
and which can be used for interval identification.
--Post-game statistics which allow the user to track ongoing progress.
ScaleNet's simple, intuitive, interface allows the user to focus on musical processes and ideas.
ScaleNet's "key-sphere" technology redefines the traditional circle of 5ths revealing new harmonic relationships.
ScaleNet's ear-training and sight-reading game integrates key information through touch-pad mirroring.
Visual design of this application is based on similar one "Music Sheet Workout" by aTekkie. Added some missing features like tenor key, Italian note naming, etc.
Music Sight Reading is an Open Source application. Source code of application is published under GNU GPL v3 licence and can be downloaded from GitHub:
Learn to play any instrument and how to read music is a difficult task that requires lots of practice. But the practice don't have to be boring. Rhythm teacher it's the perfect tool for your music education. This rhythm game teaches you how to read music in a fun and easy way. It's perfect for your rhythm training! With a bit of practice on every level you'll learn that sight reading is easier than you thought. It's like having a music school on your device.
In this application you'll learn from how many beats are contained in each bar and which note value is given to one beat, to advanced concepts in reading music. Improve your music sight reading with the exercises ranging from easy 4/4 simple rhythms to complex compasses of two rhythmic lines at the same time. This app includes the definition for every music concept introduced in increasing difficulty, from beginner to pro.
Also, you can log into your Google play account to measure your progress with other players.
• Simple and understandable explanation for every new music rhythm concept introduced.
• Fun rhythm game experience for practicing the exercises that will teach you how to read music.
• Polyrhythm exercises with two lines at the same time.
• Gradual progression on the difficulty of the music theory concepts introduced.
• Leader-board with the scores acquired to watch your progress.
• Can be used by any number of different users.
• Google play support to post your scores online.
• A new way to practice for your instrument: Piano, violin, guitar... Even if you are a drummer/percussionist.
★ Note and rest duration: whole (semibreve), half (minim), quarter (crotchet ), eighth (quaver), sixteenth (semiquaver).
★ Dotted notes.
★ Tied notes.
★ Off-beat notes.
★ Simple time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4...
★ Compound time signatures: 6/8, 9/8...
* Inglés: Rhythm Teacher
* Español: Ritmo y solfeo.
Ear training for intervals, clusters, phrases and modes / scales.
Random interval from a user defined list of up to 2 octaves or based on selected notes or a specific mode / scale. Interval can be ascending, descending or harmonic.
Up to 9 notes can be played with a variable arpegiation speed.
3 to 10 notes - based on selected intervals / selected notes / or a scale / mode. Set the pitch range and rhythm.
Modes / scales:
Identify the mode or scale being played - ascending or descending.
Set tempo, instrument and note velocity.
Listen feature to compare intervals or to practise singing them.
Helps to associate intervals with common melodies to make them easier to learn and remember.
Options to replay correct and / or incorrect answers to hear the difference.
Continuous Play - repeat question a set number of times then display the answer, then move on to next question. Option to use text to speech to announce root note and answers. Very basic speech recognition - when guessing ascending or descending intervals say the note name or commands Repeat, Root Note, Pause, Stop or Next.
Uses Google AdMob to display adverts. The Donate version does not include adverts.
Uses Google Analytics to track which features are being used most.
Uses BugSense crash reporting.
Logo designed by David Disbury.
ear training, ear trainer, melody dictation, play by ear, train ear
- Efficient music theory courses to teach you how to read music notes fast and easily.
- Logical learning - A coach system guiding through the learning step by step.
- A flexible approach on music notes - with Letter or Latin names.
- Practical exercises on the staves simulating real situation to optimize your learning.
- Improvement of ears through identification of notes
'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is a music theory app that will train you to think your way around musical keys. You will learn what all the three and four note chords are within all 12 major, natural minor, harmonic minor and melodic minor scales - an extremely useful skill for any musician!
After installing 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys', choose the scale that you would like to work on (major, natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor) and the chord types (triads or sevenths). The app will then display a key and a Roman numeral chord number; you then have to work out what the chord within your chosen scale.
A summary of all the relevant music theory of chords within each of the scales is included in the help pages. With practice, you will know what all the fundamental three and four note chords are in each of the four scales, in all keys, and you will be a better musician because of it.
- No ads
- Low cost
- No gimmicks
- Simple clear layout
- No music-reading skills required!
This app is ideal for guitarists, pianist, brass players, wind players, strings players, singers and just about anyone that would like to improve their knowledge of music theory, chords and keys; whether you play rock, pop, jazz or classical music. 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is created by guitarist and music educator Stuart Bahn to help music students improve their musical knowledge even whilst away from their instruments.
Download 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' now make your move towards music theory mastery.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are in any way dissatisfied with this app, contact us within 24 hours of purchase for an immediate refund.
This app is designed to run on all Android smartphones. Because there are nearly 2000 different Android devices in the world, we can't test them all! If you do have a technical problem with your device, please don't leave a bad review, it's far more useful for all of us if you just let us know. We'll then do our best to address it asap or refund your payment.
Thanks and enjoy!
Una forma fácil de abordar el Entrenamiento Auditivo Rítmico y Melódico.
- Lecciones con audios, partituras y animaciones que te ayudan a identificar lo que escuchas
- Tareas que te indican el número de aciertos en cada ejercicio, para que sepas si debes repasar la lección en cuestión, o si puedes seguir adelante
Cada lección consta de 10 ejercicios en los que escuchas una serie de notas y ves dos partituras animadas. Una de ellas representa lo que escuchas, la otra no. Las animaciones de lo que está escrito te ayudan a reconocer cuál es la opción correcta.
Cada Tarea consta de 5 ejercicios en los que no hay animaciones que te ayuden a reconocer la opción correcta. Tú debes poner atención e identificar la partitura que representa correctamente lo que escuchaste.
It is so important for a musician to know what you are hearing. A good musical ear helps when you are composing, improvising, transcribing melodies, or playing with others.
Most likely you have already tried different programs to learn to recognize intervals or even to acquire perfect pitch. However, although such programs develop your ear, but can you actually play any melody you hear as soon as you listen to it?
Imagine you could understand music... It is like when somebody is talking to you, you not only hear pleasant sounds, but you recognize words and their meaning.
One day I came across the Alain Benbassat's program called "Functional Ear Trainer" and have been using it ever since. It is based on the Alain's method to learn to recognize tones.
The main difference between the Functional Ear Trainer and other methods is that it teaches you to distinguish between tones in the context of a particular musical key. You begin to recognize the role (or function) of each tone in this key, which is incredibly similar to its role in other keys of the same scale.
And it is *guaranteed* anyone can gradually develop this skill. It does not matter:
– who you are – an absolute beginner in music or a virtuoso professional musician;
– how old you are – a 3 yo kid or a 90+ adult;
– what musical instrument you play (you don't even have to play one).
The only requirement is to practice for 10 minutes a day.
I was so excited about this ear trainer that I have developed an Android app based on the Alain's method. I hope you will find it useful.
• 500 songs to learn from different eras and genres.
• Highly configurable piano (multitouch, glissando, highlighting, note labels)
• Piano suitable for all devices and tablets.
***** Other Features *****
Focus on parts of the song to play back and learn the melodies.
Authentic digitised grand piano sounds.
Enlarge / Reduce size of keys.
Highlight notes on/off to play by ear.
Show / Hide note names.
Slow down / speed up the song.
Turn up / down volume of song play, which is ideal for play along mode.
Pressure Sensitive. Control the volume depending on how hard you strike the notes.
Immersion's Ultimate Density Control Haptic Feedback.
**** Become a Better Musician *****
Develop your ability to play by ear.
Given a melody, can you play it back or play along?
Start with a few notes and build up until you've mastered the song.
Suitable for all ages (kids to adults) and for all abilities (beginner to advanced).
***** Free *****
100 free songs of the full catalog are immediately available on this version. Play well to unlock all songs.
***** Song List *****
The song list is varied containing all genres such as Rock, Classical, The Latest Pop, Film Theme Tunes, TV Theme Tunes, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Naughties, Modern, Alternative, Indie, Latin and more. Includes:
Aashique, Abba, ACDC, Adele, Aerosmith, AHa, Alice Cooper, Alicia Keys, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Axel F, Avicii, Beethoven, Ben E King, Beyonce, Bizet, Black Sabbath, Blur, Blink 182, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Boomtown Rats, Bruno Mars, Carter Burwell, Christiani Perri, Claire de Lune, Coldplay, Cream, David Guetta, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Deee-Lite, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Dirty Dancing, Doctor Who, Doctor Zhivago, Donna Summers, Ed Sheeran, Elastica, Elton John, Elvis, EMF, Eminem, Eric Clapton, Erik Satie, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Fleetwood Mac, and lots more
***** Details *****
Songs capture the main melody / chorus / intro / verse.
The ear training excercises are the same as at http://pitchimprover.com optimized for Android devices.
In every excercise you will start with the easiest tasks which will get more complex as your ear improves.
Pitchimprover is designed to work on your weak sides. If you mix up two chords or intervals, the program will drill you with these particular types.
Ear training excercises:
-Repeating melodies (20 levels)
-Intervals recognition (11 levels)
-Perfect pitch (11 levels)
-Chord types (12 levels)
-Chord progressions (16 levels)
This is free lite version, it only has one instrument (nicely sampled grand piano), shows ads and does not save your progress.
The keyboard is optimized for mobile layout, you won't miss the black keys even with small screen and big fingers.
Some advice on ear training:
Practice everyday, but not for a long time, 20 minutes should be enough.
Melodic dictation will help you to hear melodic movements, while chord progressions excercise will let you recognize harmonic movements in songs. Don't forget the interval recognition excercise, it will find out the intervals you recognize worse than others and help you focus on them.
Ear training, ear trainer, play by ear, perfect pitch, absolute pitch, relative pitch, intervals recognition, melodic dictation, chord types, chord progressions, pitch improver, pitchimprover, aural skills, pitch training
Esta aplicación está dirigida a estudiantes y profesores de música, así como a músicos, tanto aficionados como profesionales, sea cual sea el instrumento que toquen, ya que su amplio abanico de opciones y su gran capacidad de personalización la hace recomendable para cualquier nivel musical que se posea.
Incluye los siguientes módulos:
1) Reconocimiento e identificación de intervalos armónicos y melódicos, ascendentes y descendentes, con opción de elegir individualmente cada intervalo (desde la segunda menor hasta la octava justa en esta versión demo; la versión completa incluye también novenas y décimas menores y mayores), y así no vernos obligados a realizar ejercicios "predefinidos". Podemos ajustar la tesitura (de dos a cuatro octavas), la velocidad de ejecución del intervalo melódico (lenta, normal o rápida), el número de intervalos por tanda (entre 5 y 25) y el tiempo de respuesta (desde 5 hasta 60 segundos, o incluso sin límite). Casi todas estas funciones están disponibles en esta versión demo.
2) Reconocimiento e identificación de acordes y arpegios, ascendentes y descendentes. La elección de acordes a practicar, la velocidad de ejecución, si la fundamental va a ser fija o variable, el número de acordes y el tiempo de respuesta son ajustables. En esta versión demo casi todas estas opciones están desactivadas.
Los acordes disponibles son los siguientes:
- Tríada mayor
- Tríada menor
- Tríada aumentada
- Tríada disminuida
- 7ª dominante
- 7ª mayor*
- 7ª menor*
- 7ª menor-mayor (acorde menor con 7ª mayor)*
- mayor 6ª*
- menor 6ª*
* Sólo disponibles en la versión completa.
3) Reconocimiento e identificación de grados en progresiones armónicas con tonalidad mayor. Incluye una tecla con la que siempre tenemos la posibilidad de volver a escuchar el acorde de tónica. Podremos seleccionar entre todos los grados, del I al VII, y las dominantes secundarias de los grados II, III, IV, V y VI. También, como es costumbre, tendremos la oportunidad de ajustar el número de grados de cada ejercicio, el tiempo de respuesta y la resolución de las dominantes secundarias (normal o aleatoria). En esta versión demo sólo están disponibles los grados I, IV y V, y la dominante del V.
4) Reconocimiento e identificación de escalas, tanto ascendentes como descendentes. Incluye las opciones habituales de personalización de ejercicios (tipos de escala, velocidad de ejecución, tesitura, número de escalas, tiempo de respuesta). La versión completa incluye 21 escalas diferentes. Este módulo sólo está disponible en la versión completa de la aplicación.
5) Entrenamiento de oído absoluto. Opciones ajustables: tesitura, número de notas por tanda, tiempo de respuesta. Este módulo sólo está disponible en la versión completa.
En esta actualización hemos añadido el registro de resultados de los ejercicios, con opción de borrarlos individualmente o en bloque. En esta versión demo sólo está disponible en el módulo de intervalos, con un límite máximo de 5 registros, sin posibilidad de borrado.
Esta aplicación está en desarrollo. Si tienes alguna consulta, pregunta, sugerencia o encuentras algún error, fallo o defecto de la aplicación, por favor, ponte en contacto con firstname.lastname@example.org y estaremos encantados de atenderte.
- - - - - - - - - -
Etiquetas: entrenamiento auditivo, educación auditiva, dictado musical, oído musical, reconocimiento intervalos, identificación acordes, arpegios, ascendente, descendente, grados, progresiones armónicas, melódicos, armónicos, escalas, oído absoluto, dominante secundaria, resolución, solfeo, lenguaje musical, conservatorio, jazz, oído relativo, armonía.
This installment features more ways to customize your exercises including creating your own scales and chords, rhythm training exercises, and more coming soon wrapped up in a beautifully designed perfectly smooth application.
- Interval exercises
- Scale exercises
- Chord exercises
- Rhythm exercises
- Melodic Dictation
- Theory articles
- Scale Dictionary
- Absolute pitch training exercises: identify a note, sing a note
- Custom exercises, custom scales, custom chords
Each exercise can be performed on piano or guitar.
What are the permissions for?
- Accounts - app needs to securely access our servers to retrieve exercises data. For maximum security, a Google OAuth is used. None of your personal data is stored on the server and account information is required only to establish a secure connection. In future versions accounts will be used to enable synchronization of your progress between all your devices.
- Internet - app needs to access internet in order to update exercises data. Updates are infrequent and have extremely small download size.
- Network state - application needs to check network availability in order to maximize efficiency of its battery consumption.
Attention! Users from Sweden with Nexus 4 4.4.4. If you're experiencing random touches issue in portrait orientation - please contact our support email.
- 7 Exercise types
- Custom Exercises
- Scale Viewer
- Different instruments: guitar, piano, bass
Review by AndroidTapp.com:
"Perfect Ear is an ideal app for a musical enthusiast who want to improve their accuracy in identifying musical sounds. It’s easy to use, features a beautiful user interface and lots of exercises and tests."
If you're experiencing issues with the singing exercise - please try adjusting microphone sensivity in application settings.
Please, let me know about your problems VIA THE EMAIL, so I could contact you and fix the problem ASAP.
Many thanks to a great musician Stephen Chadwick (http://www.stephenchadwick.com) for his help with samples for the "Realistic Piano" plugin!
If you like it - please rate it!
This application was NOT developed by Social Jitney as they claim on their site. Developer and designer of the app is Alexander Osmanov. Social Jitney is using other developers successful apps to promote their services.
ear training, solfeggio, solfege, music, musician, singing, aural skills, music education, pitch training
THIS IS A PLUGIN - YOU'RE REQUIRED TO HAVE ANY VERSION OF PERFECT EAR. ONCE INSTALLED A PLUGIN IS ENABLED IN YOUR PERFECT EAR SETTINGS.
It will deliver a real piano sound instead of MIDI-generated sounds. Once installed a plugin will work with any version of Perfect Ear.
Many thanks to Sergei Otro for his help with samples processing.