The only what you need is ROOT! (for automount ntfs,reiserfs and ext 2-4 you need kernel support)
You need at least 5mb free cache! Install this app to your internal Phone Device otherwise you can get trouble with automount! And again! Please make sure the app is installed to your internal phone memory !!!
now you can create, delete, check and repair your SD Cards with a touch!
Now the time is over you need any Desktop PC to easily create partitions.
Now it is more easy on an Android! Support all drives wich are from type SD!
Primary and extened Partitions are supported.
Note! Some Devices can not use extended Partitions and hang at boot!
You can create Partitions from Type:
FAT32 / FAT32(LBA) - Linux - Linux Swap -HPFS/NTFS - EFI GPT EFI FAT-12/16/32 -FAT 16 / FAT16(LBA)
You can format all Partitions on your SD Card, with Filesystems:
exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.
You can mount all Partitions, für ext2-4 reiserfs and ntfs you need kernel support!
Automount after Reboot for all Partitions!
You can check the filesystems: FAT16,FAT32,exFAT,ext2,ext3,ext4,ntfs
You can repair the filesystems: FAT16,FAT32,ext2,ext3,ext4
You can backup and restore yout partitions and MBR!
You can set readwrite when your SD card is set to readonly!
You can benchmark your partitions!
This Tool needs ROOT!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A RECOVERY BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS!!!
DOCUMENTATION & HOWTO:
* Rooted device
* Init.d Support
* An additional Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4 partition on your EXTERNAL sdcard
* SWAP Support (Needs kernel support)
* ZRAM Support (Needs kernel support)
* Move and Revert content between /data and /sd-ext
--- /data/app and /data/app-private
--- /data/app-asec (Used by Android 4.1+)
--- /data/app-lib (Used by Android 4.2+)
--- /data/data and /data/user (Android 4.2+)
--- /data/media (Used by some Samsung devices as internal storage)
* Optimizing internal partitions
* Checks/Fixes the sd-ext partition during boot (Needs e2fsck)
* Auto Clean /sd-ext/Lost+Found to avoid having it take up to much disk space
* Disable/Enable Ext4 Journal (Needs tune2fs) on sd-ext
* Let's you use whatever linux file system for sd-ext which is supported by the kernel
* Change Storage Threshold to fix Market issue 'Not enough space'
* Comparing destination partition to folder sizes before moving content
* Change Internal and External Readahead and Scheduler
* App Manager (Pro Unlock Only)
* Current Status Overview
* Configure the script
* Log Viewer
--- Switch Theme and Style
--- Install Script (With S-On fallback)
--- Select/Deselect Internal Busybox
--- SQLite3 Fix for devices with broken libraries (With S-On fallback)
In flash, you can write a img file to the /recovery /boot or on the partition you want
Dump lets you dump the /system /boot /recovery partition or the partition you want, and you save the image to the SD
In erase you can erase the partitions /recovery /data (Format Factory) /cache or the partition you want
If you have any problems, please contact email@example.com
- This application needs super user permission
- May not work on all devices, if so let me know
- IF YOUR PHONE/TABLET SUFFER A DAMAGE, I AM NOT THE RESPONSIBLE
You can add more RAM to your device by creating a swap partition.
Also you can repair some damaged sdcard and scan for bad blocks.
Only supports the "primary" type partition.
-Repair damaged filesystems .
-Enable swap partitions.
Partition tables supported are:
Filesystems supported are:
-Phone with su (root).
-Install in internal memory.
-Before start AParted be sure that your sdcard is disabled.
-If you start AParted and your sdcard is mounted, when you make
a partition you will get a warning about the sdcard is mounted.
May be when you go to settings android show that your sdcard
If you have this problem, mount and umount your sdcard and AParted
will works for you.
-If your device isn´t detected o incorrectly detected do a search in
google to discover your device is easy to find and set in configuration
menu manually, AParted will woks for sure!
If you want any extra features just let me know and I´ll do my best to get it done.
Now aparted has a small tutorial if do you have problems to use this application go
to the website to see the Aparted manual.
-GNU and Linux.
-All beta tester that help me and my boring tests...
-Thomas Weiss for German translation.
keywords: sdcard , partition , fdisk , parted , swap , ext3 , fat , fat32 , format , ram , repair , damage , chkdsk , damaged
The idea behind is same with apps2sd scripts, linking applications to SD card's second partition but differs in two ways.
One, instead of linking /data/app folder (that means moving all applications), you can select applications that you want to move.
Two, it's an application which means has a user interface. You can manage your applications with few clicks.
It also provides native app to SD (app2sd) features on Android 2.2 and higher. It can move any non-protected user apps to SD card (force move), with batch moving capability.
That feature uses Android's standard SD-card installation feature and does not require a second partition.
Cache cleaner function clears all your cache and free up space with a single tap. Also cache cleaner widget displays total cache size and enables "one tap cache cleaning" without opening the app.
- App manager
- Create and remove link for apk, dex and lib files of the applications you select
- Automatically link newly installed apps (optional)
- Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD (a.k.a. "force move", for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Shows the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd
- Set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external
- Batch link, unlink, reinstall, uninstall, "move to SD", "move to phone" functions
- Notify when movable apps installed
- Uninstall system applications (bloatware removal)
- Freeze and un-freeze system and users applications
- Convert system apps into user apps
- Convert user apps into system apps
- Integrate "Updated" system apps into system (ROM)
- Clear data and cache of the application
- Clear all apps cache at once (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
- Clear cache widget (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
- Notify if total cache size exceeds specified size
- List applications, show detailed size information and link status
- Wide variety of options to sort and filter apps
- Search applications by name
- Display available space information of internal storage, SD card and SD card 2nd partition
- Share the link of an app
- Support 35+ languages
- Removes ads
- Auto clear cache service
What you need for linking apps:
- root permission.
- a second partition on your SD card.
You should have two partitions on SD card and both should be primary.
The first FAT partition is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used for application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT32.
Some phones lack the ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system support and you may get mount errors like "no such device", "invalid argument". These phones need ext2.ko or ext3.ko modules and even some additional modules to be able to mount. Using FAT32 on the second partition will eleminate such problems, because FAT32 is supported on all phones.
Link2SD does not create the second partition, you need to create it yourself. You can use any partition manager such as Minitool, Paragon, Easeus etc. for this.
- System applications should not be linked to SD card. Link2SD does not allow these applications to be linked.
- When you connect your phone to PC as mass storage, Android unmounts the first FAT partition but the second partition remains mounted. Therefore linked applications are not affected and can be run without problems.
- Link2SD does not move application's private data files; it moves apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib files.
Link2SD is free (ad supported) application.
DISCLAIMER: It is made available for use at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.
As the title says the app displays the Partition table of your Android phone. This app will give you details of your android folders like System, Data, Cache and Sdcard. In addition it also makes a best effort to give details on all unmounted partitions so that you can have a complete birds eyeview of your Android storage.
Now the app has been expanded to cover many different device filesystems used by different vendors.
Permissions. The Internet permissions are required for the ads and analytics.
keywords: mtd, mmc, fuse, ubifs, emmc, sdcardfs, nand, stl, bml, partition table, space, free, storage, sdcard, data, system, cache, sdext, recovery, boot, misc, by-name, by-num
* mounted and unmounted partitions,
* device-mapper / loop partitions,
* LVM partitions (DiskInfo PRO)
* temporary mount points
For each partition, you can display the following information:
* total size, used and free space
* partition name, partition alias, partition type, partition number
* device name and type
* block size
* mounted file system type, mount paths, mount type (ro/rw)
* logical volume group and attributes (DiskInfo PRO)
* vendor and model for USB devices (DiskInfo PRO)
* manufactured date, CSD, CID, OEM ID, manf. ID, revisions and serial numbers for SD cards (DiskInfo PRO)
All shown in clean, human readable format.
DiskInfo PRO version includes all features from free version plus some extra:
+ home screen widget
+ compact mode for the partition list
+ LVM support
+ more details (vendor, model for USB devices; manf. date, CSD, CID, OEM ID, manf. ID, revisions and serial numbers for SD cards)
+ root mounts (i.e. StickMount USB devices)
By purchasing the PRO version you support further development of the app.
Root is NOT required. No permissions required at all!
* If you like the app, please rate it.
If the application doesn’t work on your device, please follow the instructions below.
-Verify root access with Root Checker app.
-Try to use the same mount point as for FAT storage
-Report an issue to Paragon Software using “Report an issue” option. Please describe your scenario in details.
!!Requires root!!! To verify root access please use Root Checker app.
The only solution available on the market that mounts NTFS/HFS+ formatted USB drives or SD cards automatically!
Forget about incompatibility issues! Get unlimited access to the most widespread file systems in the world on your smartphone by mounting USB sticks or SD cards formatted to Windows NTFS or Mac OS X HFS+. Now you can easily copy, transfer and modify data previously unsupported by Android volumes.
The software was successfully tested by nearly 300,000 Android enthusiasts!
• Mount on boot: automatically mount all NTFS and HFS+ partitions available on boot completion
• Mount on connect: automatically mount NTFS and HFS+ partitions when a new media is connected.
• exFAT evaluation mode - for OEMs only.
• support for Android 4.2 and higher
The software is based on Paragon’s Universal File System Driver (UFSD) technology. UFSD is the leading cross-platform technology with millions of satisfied end users worldwide. It includes exFAT, NTFS, and HFS+ driver technology, which fully supports SDXC cards and Windows/Mac USB drives.
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
- Properties dialog, change permissions
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select by tapping on file icons
- Select range: Long tap+release on icon
- List of installed Apps (built-in plugin)
- FTP and SFTP client (plugin)
- WebDAV (Web folders) (plugin)
- LAN access (plugin)
- Plugins for cloud services: Google Drive, Microsoft Live, Dropbox
- Root support for the main functions (optional)
- Send files via Bluetooth (OBEX)
- Thumbnails for pictures
- Two panels side by side, or virtual two panel mode
- Directory history
- Media player which can stream directly from LAN, WebDAV and cloud plugins
- Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands
- Simple help function in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Czech
- Optimizations for visually impaired, like text for icons
- Supported languages of the main program: English, German, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Public translation via http://crowdin.net/project/total-commander
About the new permission "SuperUser":
This permission is now requested to make Total Commander work better on rooted devices. It tells the SuperUser app that Total Commander suports root functions. It has no effect if your device is not rooted. Root functions allow Total Commander to write to system folders like /system or /data. You will be warned before anything is written if the partition is write protected.
You can find some more information here:
Move more apps to SD card!!! New version support Link2SD now!!!
This is a super APP2SD tool for ROOTed user (Android 2.2 and above), which could force move/link more apps (even those apps marked with internal only :) to SD card (or move/link back phone) and save more space than normal App2SD apps.
You can also perform batch move apps, set default install location of apps, clear cache with this app.
And this app have full functions (no limitation) with ads. Simple is the best! :)
1. A ROOTed phone;
2. USB debugging enabled (Go to System Settings->Application->Developemnt->USB debugging);
3. Link2SD function requires external SD card supported on device;
(App2SD)Some app which has widget/alarm/wallpaper/InputMethod in using is not recommanded to be moved to SD card, which may cause problem.
(Link2SD)"Link2SD" feature requires your device supports external SD card, and create dedicated partition for it. And we recommend to use EXT2, EXT3 format. In addition, once "Link2SD" is used, do not remove the SD card at run time, or reboot device after pull out the SD card, and, do not modify or delete "/dsapps/dslink2sd" folder on that partition, which may cause unexpect problem.
(Please create the additional partition on SD card and format it to EXT2 or EXT3 by self, e.g. on a PC.)
User need to initialize the "Link2SD" feature. Launch the app, click target app to be linked in list and select "Link to SD". If not initialized, the app will automatically guide the user to initialize.
The first step is to choose the SD card partition. The app will list all available SD cards and partitions, for example, the second partition on the first external SD card will be called SD card 1, Partition 2. Please select additional partition, do not select the default FAT32 partition.
The second step is to select the partition format. (We also provide an "AUTO" option, user can try AUTO if other specified format does not work.)
The third step is to apply settings, and the app will prompt the user to reboot to take effect. After reboot, if the initialization is successful, click target app and select "Link to SD" again, you will see linking dialog. But if failed, the app will show initialization dialog again, please check the partition and format and try above steps again.
1. List all movable apps;
2. Move apps to SD card (even marked with internal only);
3. Move apps back phone;
4. Link apps to SD card;
5. Unlink apps from SD card;
6. Batch move apps (silent mode, user free);
7. Set default install location of apps(Auto/Internal/SD Card);
8. Show total/used/left space of phone or SD card;
9. 1 tap to clear all app cache;
10. Sort apps by name, size, install date;
11. Run installed apps;
12. Uninstall apps;
13. View app on market;
Add Swapper in your circle!
Create, add and manage Swap memory file without swap partition on SD.
Reconfigure if you must change swap size.
Need Root and kernel swap support.
NO Need swap partition on SD!
This program do not partition the SD card.
to check if it work, type 'free' on Terminal app!
The Internet and Network State permission is used by Google Play Services to show ads.
The Donate version don't need this permission.
This app requires that you already have root, or a custom recovery image to work.
Note: App and binary will have different versions. The app is updated more often than the binary is.
This app cannot be uninstalled if it was installed with your ROM or root. If there is no uninstall option, it's because you placed it in /system/app, not me. It is impossible for an app to be installed in /system/app by the Play store. In fact, the entire /system partition is read only at runtime. The only way for an app to be placed in /system/app is via a rooting process (which usually installs Superuser), or by remounting the system partition as read/write and manually putting it there.
Permissions requested are for:
Internet - updating the binary
External storage - backup/restore for elite users
NFC - creating an allow tag for elite users
Boot completed - fix database on boot
Support request emails that simply say "Doesn't work" or something to that effect are automatically deleted by our stupidity filter and will not be answered.
Displays diagram with directories/subdirectories proportional to their size.
Press MENU for actions.
Integrates with OI FileManager and Astro.
If program fails or gives you out of memory error message - please contact me. Thanks.
Source available under free license (GPL-2)
Keywords: visual space on internal storage flash sdcard memory file directory folder sd xdu xdiskusage spacemonger windirstat baobab storage space cleaner
Space usage by Apps:
Lets you view apps both in graphical and tabular form, the space used by each app on your phone. You can easily understand which non critical apps are taking space and get rid of them if you desire to clear space.
Space Usage on SD Card:
Figure out what's using up SD Card space using this Disk Digger to find out about Music, Videos, Docs and others taking up SD Card space usage.
Better understand your phone's Disk requirements and before buying a new phone, understand how much memory you need by using Disk Usage with your old phone so that you don't buy more memory than needed.
Figure apps that are taking more space that you expect them to.
NANDROID BACKUP BEORE USE!!!
I cannot respond to comments so E-MAIL ME!!!!
Root, Busybox and S-off are require to use most features in this app.
-Change data app to system apps
-Change system apps to data apps
-Uninstall system apps
-Uninstall data apps
-Move System and Data app to sdcard
All suggestions on features I can add or change to improve this app are always welcome. Please fill free to E-mail me and ill get back to you as soon as possable.
More from developer
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ONLY! MAKE A FULL BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING, THE APPLICATION CAN DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me directly, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
Please write in simple English, as I have troubles understanding it!
The application installs a script, that allows you to move applications, data and some cache to sd-ext partition and back. You can specify what needs to be moved from within the application.
Supports moving to sd-ext:
1. App, Paid app and Private app
2. Applications data
3. Dalvik and download cache
Supports mounting sd-ext as ext4
Moving Applications data (/data/data) to sd-ext - Lower performance!!!
Translated to: English, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Slovak, French, Italian, Croatian and Indonesian.
More info: http://apps.krikun.ru/s2e.php
app2sd, sd-ext, cyanogen, cm, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod7, cm7, mount, cm9, cyanogenmod9, cm10, cyanogenmod10
FreeSpace – small and simple tool for viewing and control free space on your device.
Configure which partitions will be displayed!
You can add, rename or delete partition from list.
You can configure tree levels: normal, warning and critical.
For each level are configured percentage of free space and the color of the indicator.
FreeSpace Plus support DashClock Extension
tags: disk usage, free space, partitons info, widgets