Ever wondered how fit you are (but didn't know who to ask)?
This app can help you.
All you need is
- a pair of running shoes
- a flat 20 meter running pitch
- a modicum of enthusiasm
- this app
Note: Just in case you are wondering, this is NOT a GPS-enabled app; rather, it's a timer app that let's you easily conduct the beep test.
The app is a simple, meat'n'potatoes, non-intrusive (no ads, no tracking, no spl. permissions) program that will assist you in the execution of the beep test. It will
- prompt you with ringtones that you select
- display seconds to beep
- display seconds to next level
- display distance covered so far (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
When you are done, the app will provide you with
- an estimated VO2_Max
- an estimated calorie consumption
... that will
- give you bragging rights (hopefully)
- allow you to compare your fitness to that of the general population
- allow you to chart your progress
Caution : Some side effects have been noticed
- Runner's high. You will find yourself smiling far too much
- Fitter. Regularly done, you will be able to 'run up those stairs'
- Leaner. Darn, gotta buy smaller jeans!
Want more? Want to express appreciation :). Get the pro version, which offers:
- Level & Shuttle voice cues
- Additional test options
- Save, Save-Continue (group tracking), export results
- Photo option when "saving"
- And more
Also from this author: The Yo-Yo Intermittent Test