The test is often regarded as one of the key entry requirements for most police and military service entry across the globe is available on your Android phone. The Bleep Fitness Test is a handy component for anyone serious about their fitness regime.
Free Key Features:
* Single user profile
* Configurable audio cues indicating the start of each shuttle and level
* 15 or 20 metre shuttle distance
* Calculates users VO2Max performance with rating
* Tablular display of users results
* Share your results via email, SMS, google+, facebook (requires app to be installed)
* Easy to read and use UI
* Lock phone and app continues to run
* Contains adverts
Additional Paid Features:
* Multiple users profiles and results history
* No adverts
This app uses text to speech (TTS) so requires an approiate text to speech app (see https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Android+TextToSpeech)
The Bleep Test is also known as Beep Test, Shuttle Run, Pacer Test or Multistage Fitness Test.
Pace your shuttle runs in time with the beeps, which increase in speed every minute. Keep going until you can no longer keep up. The software displays the current level and other useful information, including speed and cumulative distance, and records your scores so that you can track your fitness over time. On completion of the test an approximate VO2 max score is calculated for each runner.
Share your scores via email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Supports multiple simultaneous runners (useful for sports coaches who wish to test several athletes at the same time).
PLEASE NOTE THAT SCORES ARE FORMATTED DIFFERENTLY SINCE VERSION 2.1 AND THEREFORE APPEAR HIGHER. See website for details.
Also known as the Multi-Stage Fitness Test (though there are other variants with different names), the aim is to repeatedly run between two points 20 metres apart in a given time. The test is split into levels, with each subsequent level requiring the runner to run slightly faster than the last. Eventually exhaustions kicks in, and the runner is forced to stop and vomit. The runner's maximal rate of oxygen consumption (their VO2-max) can then be calculated from their final speed, and their approximate fitness level evaluated.
Full instructions are provided with the app, for those who don't know how the Bleep Test works.
Note that the app currently only caters for the 20 metre version of the test.
- 100% free - no adverts!
- Deliberately simple and lightweight
- Up to 5 simultaneous runners
- Calculates VO2-max to quantify a runner's fitness
- Shows a runner's results in graph form to visualise improvement over time
If you have any suggestions for improvement, or run into any problems, then please let me know by way of a review. I'm more than happy to incorporate functionality that other users would find useful!
How it works
To get started mark out a 20 Metre (21.87 yards) running stretch. Participants are then to run from one end to the other end (known as a shuttle) as many times as they can, according to the beeps.
Two warning chimes signal 3 seconds and 1.5 seconds out from the next shuttle and audible beeps signal the start of the next shuttle.
As the levels go up, the harder the test gets.
Participants can compete with friends by posting their results on Facebook or Twitter.’
• Multiple user profile supported
• Male voice through the levels.
• Share through Mail, Bluetooth, Facebook, SMS, Peep, Friend Stream
• 20 meter shuttle distance.
• Vo2Max calculated and rated.
• Runs in sleep mode.
• Simple user interface.
• Save or remove old results.
This app uses text to speech (TTS) and requires text to speech app (FREE)
More info here: https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Android+TextToSpeech
• Coopers 12-min run
• Bruce treadmill test
• Any distance run test
• Beep-test (Yo-Yo endurance test)
• The Andersen test
• Watt-max bicycle test
• Aastrand bicycle test
• To-stage bicycle test
• The Danish step test
• One mile walk test
Three useful tools that can be used generally in testing and training:
• Calculation of heart rate
• Interval Timer
• Pace / speed calculator
GPS tracks distance so you can perform running tests on any road.
Timing and ”follow the display” in relevant tests.
Option for vibration in relevant tests.
Create any number of profiles and divide them into groups. This way it is easy to work with for example sports teams or PE-classes on the same installation.
Results can be exported as CSV files which can be opened in any spreadsheet software.
Supports metric and imperial units
• Personal use (test yourself)
• Personal Trainers
• Coaches of sports teams
• Physical education teachers
The user interface is specially designed to suit the demands of a test situation and all tests are based on scientific evidence and acknowledged physiological theory.
- No outdated components: Ice Cream Sandwich is the minimum
- No over-the-top design
- No ads
- No pricetag: it's free
- No share button :)
- Announces the level using the Android text-to-speech engine
- Buttery smooth countdown timer on Jelly Bean
- Works in the background
- Displays expected speed
- Loud beep :)
Run a 20m or 15m bleep test.
Audio cues for start of new level and current shuttle number.
Timer, speed, current level and shuttle displayed
Save and view your test results.
This app uses the well respected Rockport Fitness Walking Test (Kilne 1987) which provides an estimate of VO2 Max. It is a good test for anyone interested in tracking VO2 Max as it can easily be performed with no additional assistance.
The test is simple. Walk one mile as fast as possible and when finished, record your heart rate and time. Keep a steady stride during the test and do not run. You need a
treadmill, 400 m track, or pre-measured distance to do the walking, a stopwatch, heart rate monitor, and scale for your weight.
The VO2 Max Calculator App will compute a VO2 max value and indicator reference (Very Poor, Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent or Superior).
*****now supports metric and imperial measurements*****
Designed by fitness professionals FitApp enables you to track, store and monitor your achievements the easy way.
Simply create a user account and start exercising smarter.
Track others....Now supports multiple user accounts!! Perfect for personal trainers and healthy families
The primary function of this app is to enable the user complete 11 fitness tests, store and track the data.Users will be guided through a number of fitness test with intuitive audio. Following a fitness test the user will be given precise feedback and norm chart result. This will then be stored to view at a later date.FitApp also boats a nutrition calculator, GPS Sports tracker, One Rep Max Calculator and gives feedback on training Zones.... Need we say more.
- Track and analyse your performances, monitor your progress
- Run, Walk, cycle or ski it’s all supported
- Keep track of speed, distance and calories burned
- View your current and previous workouts on the map
- Voice Feedback
- Listen to music stored on your device while exercising
Fitness Tests : ( all with norm charts and audio teaching points)
- Bleep Tests 20 and 15 meters
- Cooper Test
- Body fat test - Calliper and measurement methods
- Blood Pressure
- Crunch Test
- Resting Heart Rate
- Step Test
- Press Up Test
- Sit and reach
Share results with friend - convert results to PDF (Printing)
- Calculates V02max
- Blood Pressure Log
- Monitors your BMI
- One Rep Max Calculator
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Personalised metabolic rate (based on your activity levels)
- Personalised recommended nutritional intake in grams
- Personalised Target heart Rate
- Tips on Training Zones
**Save to SD card supported** Android 2.2 or later
We believe this all-in-one fitness solution is the obvious choice for anyone interested in keeping fit and healthy the easy way.
“It is the most comprehensive fitness app that uses industry leading data. It is accurate and simple to use. Our clients and personal trainers love it.”
"This is exactly what I was looking for, all the fitness tests you need to do in one app! Very worth it!"
"Fantastic app!!! Easy to use with audio descriptions, it is like having a personal trainer in your pocket. Great app!"
BeepsHealth is bringing you an app customized around your health needs.
Whether you want to simply remember your family and personal health history, keep track of medications, track the growth of your child, or use any of the other features, BeepsHealth has been built to assist you in keeping your family healthy.
Now, with the release of this app, the information is with you at all times. When was your last appointment? When was your last surgery? What is your immunization history? Be prepared to answer these questions and more the next time that you go to the doctor.
BeepsHealth is an early stage company, continually working to improve functionality and any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated:
> Find doctors and enter both upcoming and past appointments
> Enter in blood pressure, weight, height, and more and view the changes over time using interactive charts
> Upload tests and retrieve them anytime
> Enter medications and medication history
> Use the Food Tracker to help keep your nutritional goals
Developed by Off-Road Studios
• Moderate Activity (Maintenance, Warm Up)
• Weight control (Fitness, Fat burn),
• Aerobic(Cardio training, Endurance),
• Anaerobic(Hardcore training),
• VO2 max (Maximum effort)
After filling lactate threshold you can also obtain more sophisticated zones.
• Zoladz method
• Karvonen method
• Lactate threshold
You can also manage many users in very fast way. Very useful for coach and personal trainers.
In very easy way you can make many calculation and compare different competitors (I attached also BMI value).
Helpful for interval training, CrossFit, cycling, running, weight control.
It helps correct adjust various fitness devices: pulsometers, ergometers etc.
Through a very simple and intuitive interface are provided the following calculations:
* Pace: Calculation of pace in min/km or min/mi for a given distance and time.
* Total Time: Calculating the total time for a given distance and race pace.
* Scoring: Calculation of time required to run a certain distance and reach the desired score. Based on the Hungarian Table.
* Target Time: Calculate the expected time to run a distance, based on time from another distance already ran. For example, based the time of the 10K, you can estimate your time to finish a marathon.
* Body Mass: Calculation of body mass index.
* Estimated VO2: Calculation of VO2 estimated based on recent time for the 10K.
* Calories Burned: Calculation of calories expended for an activity-based pace, exercise time and weight of the athlete.
* Pace Table: From the athlete's age calculates the heart rate interval for different training paces.
* Conversions: distance, pace and temperature.
* Marathon Pace: Calculates the marathon pace based on the pace of a 15K race.
1. Fields with zero (0), or zeros on the left need not be filed.
2. To change field use the enter key on keyboard.
3. Select the calculation options that will be available at the Main Menu. For this, the screen itself from the Menu, press the Menu key and then Settings, then appears on the list of all available calculations. Simply select which must be active and press Return.
4. Maintains the selected distance unit (km or miles).
5. Function to add distances for calculations. Available at the Main Menu (Menu key).
Interval training will help you to get in better shape and increase your vo2max levels. Test have showed that interval training is better for fat loss than normal cardio.
- Easy to setup
- Big timer interface
- Install to SD
- The timer remembers the settings last used and uses them as a default for the next training session.
- Color coding for preparation, work and rest periods.
- Beebing sound between work and rest periods. Beep volume is controlled by your phones media volume control.
WAKE_LOCK = Keep the screen on while working out
INTERNET = for Advertisements
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE = for Advertisements
READ_PHONE_STATE = for Advertisements
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION = AdvertisementsACCESS_FINE_LOCATION = Advertisements
*** GET THE PRO-VERSION FROM
** If you like this application, please give it a favorable review. If you DO NOT like it, please send me an email how to improve the program. All improvement ideas are taken to consideration ***
All bugs and improvement ideas can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or at the facebook page
More from developer
Simply set your interval and press "Start". You will get a beep every interval ... forever (well, until you "Stop" the app).
Use it for any of the following :
* Pill reminder
* Get off your butt periodically (cycling [this is why I built it], office)
* Take a break from staring at your computer screen (or co-worker)
* Interval training
* Top of the hour signal
* 'I love you' reminder :)
Beep Test Pro is an enhanced version of the basic Beep Test available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rudy.android.beep.
In addition to all that Beep Test has to offer, Beep Test Pro provides the following:
- Custom Notifications. Set your own notification tone for shuttle and level changes
- Save Results. You can now save Beep Test's results (up to 999 of them)
- Multiple Users. Each result is "tagged" to a name
- Sort Results. By Name, VO2Max or Date
- Export Results. Send an email with the results. Paste directly into a Google spreadsheet. Or copy them into a CSV to load into your favorite spreadsheet program
- Better Time Management. Timings are more accurate.
Do you want to "track" a bike ride or hike for later analysis, but don't care to invest in an expensive dedicated gps tracking device?
Do your trips last days?
Are you on the lookout for a "gps tracker" that does not drain its battery with a few hours?
If you answered yes to any of the above, GPSCrumbs may be worth checking out.
GPSCrumbs is primarily aimed at randonneurs (these are crazy people who go on long bicycle rides spanning hundreds of kilometers), but can be useful for "normal" persons as well - for example, create a GPSCrumb trail during any travel-based activity, provide one's location to Mom :), or even to help meet up with a friend.
GPSCrumbs provides a simple, quick, light-weight, cost-effective and accurate way for anybody to communicate their location through an sms message or email.
GPSCrumbs ensures that YOU are in control. It will only send your location when you explicitly initiate a message (sms or email).
More, much more, details in this Help file (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iQ1nfSdJMBZXGXHLpJib-kaKKydYlZGxvxsRkrBvuFU/edit)