Official app of the Royal Yachting Association - The RYA SafeTrx App allows you to register your vessel and plan your journey on your Smartphone.This app is freely available to anyone, you do not need to be an RYA member. It is free to download and there is no charge to use it.
Registering vessel and journey information couldn’t be any easier. Follow an easy to understand registration process to register your contact and vessel details within the application. Choose from the menu options to plan and file your trip (Sail Plan mode) or just activate the tracking function of the app (Track only mode).
To file a Sail Plan, choose your vessel, add the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), enter the number of persons on board and the activity type. Using the built-in maps, select a starting point, an optional waypoint and the end destination. Once this is completed simply press the ‘set sail’ button when you are ready to start your journey.
Pressing ‘set sail’ will register the journey details with the Royal Yachting Association computer server and will activate position reporting in the App. At regular intervals the App will send a position report to the server and your emergency contacts will be automatically alerted 30 minutes after the journey exceeds the ETA. At any stage during the journey you can end your trip, revise the ETA, number of people on board or the destination.
Use the RYA SafeTrx app to:
- Improve maritime trip planning with your own personalised checklist to be included as part of your Sail Plan.
- Access official Met Office weather data when planning your trip or when your trip is in progress.
- Give friends and family peace of mind ashore by sharing your real-time location on a live map, and allow them to track you while you’re on the water.
- Activate a emergency call while your trip is in progress.
- Quickly start your trip using the ‘Track only’ mode to begin tracking at a touch of a button.
- Store up to 20 trips in your Mobile Logbook and replay trips within the app in video playback mode.
- Manage your profile, vessel, checklist and emergency contact information.
*Please note - The information and functions provided in the App are provided on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to use of the App. Safety at sea is a serious consideration. In emergency circumstances, you should not rely solely on the information and functions provided in this application, but seek information and assistance from as many sources as possible. The App may provide you with information and assistance relevant to your current location, as determined by your Device. However the mobile devices and the telecommunications systems that support mobile devices are inherently unreliable and there is a risk that there will be no connectivity between your Device and global positioning systems from time to time. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted connectivity between your Device and global positioning systems. You assume all such risk when using the App. The App is intended to be used as a supplementary tracking aid and should not be used as your only vessel communication or safety device.