Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Simply tell Citybot what type of activities interest you and in a matter of seconds receive a personalized schedule with an interactive map. From a local favorite cafe in Nob Hill, followed by a trip to the Golden Gate Park, ending with dinner in a well priced 3 star restaurant in the Mission.
Never worry about trying to determine the best way to get from place to place or if your next stop is open. Citybot will suggest how to get to your destination and when you should arrive.
Citybot has asked both locals and visitors, and will only share activities that get the best ratings and recommendations. We have collected data from dozens of sites so you can know the best places in the Castro, the Pacific Heights, SoMa, and beyond.
Citybot wants you to get the most out of your visit :)
Have questions or comments? Send them to email@example.com and we will write back within 24 hours.
With exciting attractions, events and activities jam-packed into a 7 mile square, exploring San Francisco can be an exhilarating challenge - and our #1 guide helps you make the most of your time in SF.
Each location has many photos (more than 2000 total), concise descriptions, maps, directions, cab fare estimation, and other pertinent details. Included are all the city's major attractions - Alcatraz, Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, MOMA, etc - many of the city's hidden gems - the Beastie Boys' favorite record store, San Francisco's oldest brewery, the world's premier custom corsetier - and countless other exciting locations in San Francisco and the surrounding Bay Area.
★ About the Authors ★
Kevin Collins and Tobin Fisher are currently enjoying their collective 23rd year in San Francisco and are excited to share their expertise with you!
Tobin's favorite spots are Crissy Field, Ocean Beach and Land's End. Kevin is partial to Kite Hill Park.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Features of Triposo’s guide to San Francisco:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) expands articles with more information about attractions, history, geography and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Tourism Office | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Respect | Stay Safe
1. General: History | Geography | Climate
2. Maps: City | Districts | Muni Metro | F Market | BART | Caltrain | Golden Gate Park | Point Reyes
3. Transport: Get In | Get Around | Airports | Muni Metro | BART | Caltrain | Buses | Cable Cars
4. By Area: Districts | Neighborhoods | Islands | Port | Streets & Sqaures | Get Out
5. Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | See | 49-Mile Scenic Drive | Buy | Tours | Swimming | Buildings & Structures | Churches | Parks | Sites
6. Culture: Performing Arts | Theaters | Music | Museums | Sports | Events
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
✔ 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
✔ San Francisco CITY GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
✔ PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES ★ Exclusive technology ★ The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
✔ OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS ★ The only guide with offline navigation! ★ Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot or by subway. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
✔ AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
✔ TRIP JOURNAL ★ NEW FEATURE ★ Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
✔ SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
✔ TRIP DASHBOARD ★ NEW FEATURE ★ Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
✔ TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online ★ NEW FEATURE ★
✔ OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s San Francisco Travel Guide is available in: English, French, German and Spanish
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
♛ LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
♛ NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with smart phones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
♛ THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
♛ TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact email@example.com. We are happy to answer your questions.
This is the mappa map for San Francisco in California.
Districts covered on the San Francisco offline map include: Golden Gate with the Marina District, Cow Hollow and Pacific Heights; Fisherman's Wharf with Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39 and the ferry launch to Alcatraz Island; Nob Hill-Russian Hill; Chinatown-North Beach; Union Square-Financial District; Civic Center-Tenderloin; SoMa (South of Market); Western Addition; Haight; The Avenues; Twin Peaks-Lake Merced; Castro-Noe Valley; Mission-Bernal Heights and Southeast San Francisco.
The offline San Francisco map includes the airports, train stations, greyhound bus stations and the street car and cable network.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for San Francisco in America:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for San Francisco now!
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free San Francisco city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of San Francisco
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in the United States or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Would you like to see sunbathing sea lions? Are you looking forward to walk through the urban jungle of San Francisco and meet wild parrots on Telegraph Hill? Are you interested in visiting Barbary Coast and strolling down on the busy streets of Castro? Find chocolate stores, Italian pubs and seafood stalls in the port, enjoy grandiose architecture in the Civic Center and find out how to ride a cable car. Get PocketGuide, discover San Francisco and forget about the fog.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, gives you tours by voice, revealing the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in close to 100 major cities and tourist destinations. The app determines your location and a recording of your personal tour guide describes where you are – you don’t need to touch your phone or read from the screen. All the tours are developed by local experts who know their cities inside-and-out. You can choose from different themed tours, or just wander around the city and let PocketGuide inform you when an interesting site is nearby. The app can also record your trip: With one click you can create an amazing 3D video of the sights you see on your travels.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
This is the most amazing app you will find when it comes to information about san francisco attractions.
Get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals for san francisco hotels app fanatics.
Download this app now!
San Francisco’s Bay Area is the epicenter of the world’s high-tech industry. Silicon Valley, just south of the city, is home to an extraordinary array of breakthrough companies including Google, Apple, and eBay. The city’s entrepreneurial culture, breathtaking scenery, and economic clout make it a remarkable place to live and study.
Find out the secrets about San Francisco! Download and get this app to have these exclusive features!
- A continuous, up-to-date unstoppable gush of news and information about san francisco apartments.
- Get to know first-hand visit san francisco articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest San Francisco products and deals!
- Read the latest articles and feedback on San Francisco.
- Be one of the firsts to get the San Francisco best deals.
- Share San Francisco news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
* This San Francisco app will add a new icon onto your home screen that links to a mobile web page which helps fund and promote the development of this San Francisco app. If you do not want to use this useful resource, you can either ignore it or delete it. If you do use it, we greatly appreciate your support.
Discover and download this free San Francisco app now!
Live Arrival and Departure Boards
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is the largest airport in the Bay Area and the second largest airport in California. It is a hub for United Airlines and the principal base of operations for Virgin America. From the International Terminal passengers can board a direct rail link to downtown San Francisco (BART). This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information--useful information you need.
Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from San Francisco. We include San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego and all the airports of the world.
The first BART cars were ordered from the California based Rohr Industries, with later series being delivered by Soferval (Alsthom) and Morrison-Knudsen. BART is totally grade-separated (no level crossings) and runs in ATO mode without any wayside signalling.
The first stretch opened for public service on 11 September 1972 between Oakland and Fremont. In 2008, the entire network has a total length of 159 km long, with 44 stations serving some 3 million people in the area:
- 26.5 km runs in subways through urban areas (8.9 km in San Francisco; 8.6 km in South San Francisco/San Bruno; 4 km in Oakland; 5 km in Berkeley);
- 5.8 km (7.4 km with approach tunnels) underneath the San Francisco Bay at a maximum depth of 41 m below sea level;
- 5.5 km is the Berkeley Hills tunnel between Rockridge and Orinda;
- 14 stations lie on the San Francisco peninsula, and 29 on the East Bay side;
- 16 stations are underground, 14 elevated and 14 at grade (all fully accessible to the disabled).
The BART system is operated with three all-day lines:
Blue Line: Dublin/Pleasanton - San Francisco - Daly City (extended to Millbrae in the evenings and weekends)
Yellow Line: Pittsburg/Bay Point - San Francisco - San Francisco International Airport
Orange Line: Richmond - Fremont
During daytime service (Mon-Sat, until approx. 19:00) two additional lines are operated:
Red Line: Richmond - San Francisco - Millbrae (Richmond - Daly City on Saturdays during daytime service)
Green Line: Fremont - San Francisco - Daly City
* Top 5 travel apps in more than 50 countries
* Featured in Tuaw, Forbes, TechCrunch.
Fast detailed offline maps of all countries of the world. Maps work everywhere, anytime. Internet connection isn’t required.
HIGH LEVEL OF DETAILS
• More details than on the other maps.
• Millions of points-of-interest (POIs): restaurants, gas stations, tourist destinations...
• Up-to-date map data which is added daily by map users worldwide - see http://www.openstreetmap.org
NO INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED
• Maps work when no Internet connection is available.
• No roaming charges when traveling abroad.
• Always know where you are.
• Useful in hometown, indispensable in travels.
• 345 countries and islands. Every place is covered.
• Works even in the middle of nowhere.
• Pay once, use in any location.
• Probably the fastest maps ever. Shows map when others don’t.
• Innovative map data compression.
• Maps are impressively small. Save your phone’s memory.
WORTH THE MONEY
• Download any country map for free.
• Pay once, use on multiple Android devices.
• Offline search. Find everything you need of all the objects available on the map.
• Bookmarks. Add any place to the bookmarks list. Then find it easily again and again.
• Export/import of bookmarks. Add bookmarks and tracks from other maps to MapsWithMe. KML/KMZ files are supported.
• Location sharing. Send a pin of any place on the map via e-mail or sms. Share your current location.
• Auto-follow mode. When it is on, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to every request.
All cities and countries of the world: London, Paris, Bangkok, Singapore, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Madrid, Dubai, Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Rome, New York, Shanghai, Barcelona, Milan, Amsterdam, Vienna, Beijing, Taipei, Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, Quito, Abu Dhabi, Tunis, Dubai, Taipei, Istanbul, Beijing, Bogota, Lima, Riyadh, Nairobi, Singapore, Seoul, Cairo, Shanghai, Toronto, Washington, D.C., Caracas, Moscow, St. Petersburg, San Francisco, Johannesburg, Florence, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Bahrain, Shanghai, Toronto, Berlin, Budapest, Dublin, Mecca, Prague, Cancun, Macau, Venice, Warsaw, Mexico, Guangzhou, Benidorm, Orlando, Miami, Munich, Shenzen, Sydney, Lisbon, Las Vegas, Hangzhou, Marrakesh, Tokyo, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Pakistan,Turkey, Jakarta, Nepal, USA, Indonesia, Philippines, Oman, India, Israel, Italy.
Keywords: offline, maps, map, travel, world, gps, OSM, OpenStreetMap, guide, local search, POI, atlas, guide, Europa, USA, Asia, Africa, Australia
Did you remember to move your car? San Francisco Street Cleaning parking tickets are no fun. Avoid them with a digital parking assistant that knows every street cleaning schedule in San Francisco.
Support us by contributing information. Visit www.sanfranciscostreetcleaning.com
Search any list of top ten favorite cities in the country (or the world), and you'll almost always find San Francisco or SF as the locals say. The clanging cable cars, Victorian row houses, quirky neighborhoods and drop-dead gorgeous waterfront make this city by the bay a traveler's paradise. But one of the best ways to experience San Francisco is live like a local for a day. Rent a bike and head into Golden Gate Park. Drop by the Japanese Tea Garden or California Academy of Sciences (this being San Francisco: the world's greenest museum, with a 'living' roof). Cruise over to the Ferry Building and graze on organic oysters, local cheese and sustainably grown fruit for lunch before catching a ferry to Sausalito, Tiburon or Alcatraz (even locals love 'The Rock') for a meander. After eating yet another local, sustainable meal (think heirloom tomato salad, duck confit, truffle risotto) for dinner at any one of San Fran's eighty gazillion neighborhood restaurants, find a late-night cafe and talk politics, take a streetcar to AT&T Park for a SF Giants game, check out an indie band or just pick a neighborhood and explore. But this guide isn't just about San Francisco. Use the Gogobot San Francisco Bay Area City Guide to explore Silicon Valley, the Peninsula, the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, etc), and the North Bay.
What users love about the Gogobot San Francisco Travel Guide:
✓ EXPLORE the San Francisco Bay Area to the fullest.
✓ PLAN your next trip easily and discover where friends have been!
✓ BOOK a hotel on the go with just a tap.
✓ CREATE stunning photo postcards and reviews of places you've visited.
✓ GET INSPIRED with postcards and reviews by friends and travelers like you
✓ JOIN a community of passionate travelers from around the world.
Gogobot Tribes are communities of travelers who share common interests. Are you a trail-blazing jet-setter with an adrenaline addiction? The Adventure Tribe may be for you. Feel at home in high-end hotels in exotic locations? Check out the Luxury Tribe for great tips. Always on top of the latest local hotspots? The Trendsters Tribe and Nightlife Tribe is where you'll find your groove. With 19 Tribes, and more on the way, travel advice has never been more personal!
Share your travel experiences with your friends. Turn your photos into digital postcards and customize them with filters to make them look beautiful. You can share your postcards with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or SMS. You can also browse beautiful postcards from around the world on the "Featured" feed.
What users are saying:
“Love this app, love the idea of tapping into my Facebook friend network for travel tips. Also love making postcards :)” – Paul, Australia
"I used to use Frommer's and Lonely Planet - now I use Gogobot for my ultimate travel guide." – Erica, NYC
"If you like TripAdvisor, Gogobot will blow your mind" – Michael Arrington, TechCrunch
"Its like Yelp for travel!" - Connie, San Jose, CA
- Travel tips from thousands of travelers – with attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, and nightlife.
- Browse place information (stored locally) offline.
- Augmented Reality Viewer to locate the attractions near you.
- Simple navigation from your current location to the selected address
- Full text search in categories and city boroughs
- “You Are Here” marker on maps: current location indicator.
- Easy and uncomplicated navigation
You see, it’s all about travelling like a local.
More from developer
Toilet tube map. OK for bicycles map, step free stations maps.
No permissions, no ads, no trip wires, no tricks - a free map for visitors to London. No profit for me.
Please no negative or horrible comments - Its free. No money for me! :)
London -nearly the best city in the whole world. Have fun but take care!
Enjoy the sights in London and your phone, tablet, devices
Also live web cams of a street in Tokyo, the tree tower and one of Mount Fuji.
No advertisements, tricks or trip wires. I like making these for fun.
Maps are offline - no internet connection needed.