**Not for usage on phones with android 4.2 or newer**
- Root access required -
- BusyBox Required -
- New HTC phones need NAND-unlock -
This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you. Select one from the list, or add your own.
If the app doesn't work, please use "root checker" to check if you are correctly rooted and busybox is installed before you give a bad rating.
Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
This is only for Android OS 2.2(Froyo)/2.1(Eclair)/1.6(Donut)
NOT work on 2.3(Gingerbread) and newer
also NOT work on Xperia series / Medias(NEC) / and others
** This is a plug-in. It requires "BLOCCO" from Android Market **
may not work on many Galaxy Devices including Galaxy Nexus (OMAP devices)
**To Download A-GPS assist data, Active Internet Connection REQUIRED**
This application downloads A-GPS Xtra data and NTP data to fix GPS faster automatically when GPS in use.
especially for some custom ROMs, GPS is broken due to data not downloaded automatically.
* Get a point's direction and follow it in compass.
* Create a database with your favorite places and areas.
* You can import and export points from Google Earth.
* Multi language: English, Spanish, French
* UPDATED 1.2: New control GPS activation
Thanks for download GPSPointrack!
Bekommen Sie folgende Informationen schnell und übersichtlich auf Ihr Smartphone :
- den Status des GPS
- Ihren aktuellen Standort metergenau ( Längengrad/Breitengrad)
- den Namen der Stadt in Ihrer Nähe
- die Genauigkeit des GPS
- die Höhe Ihres aktuellen Standpunktes
- Ihre aktuelle Geschwindigkeit
- die Anzahl der verbundenen Satelliten und der Satelliten in Reichweite
Falls Sie aktuell kein GPS Signal haben, ermittelt GPS Status die grundlegenden Informationen über Ihren Standort über Ihr Netz oder WIFI.
Lassen Sie sich Ihren aktuellen Standort mit einem Knopfdruck in Googlemaps ausgeben!
Mit der AppWidget sind Sie immer informiert ob ihr GPS eingeschaltet ist.
Bei Wünsche und Anregungen einfach eine Mail an mich schreiben :)
This tool can control the Static Navigation feature of the SiRF Star IV GPS receiver in some Samsung Galaxy phones.
This feature is by default disabled. The result is that the phone cannot be used for averaging, geocaching, architectural and other precision applications.
GPS Control can enable Static Navigation. With it enabled, the GPS chip no longer filters out location data and updates the location at 1Hz even when the device is stationary. This is required for averaging and other applications that need constant location updates.
It supports every Gingerbread firmware and already includes support for beta Ice Cream Sandwich firmwares.
Future versions will add support for more SiRF Star IV features and will enable detailed configuration of the GPS.
Advantages from Lite version:
♦ No advertisements
♦ Notification displays satellite status and current location data
♦ Smaller size
♦ Widget, so you can start/stop the application from main screen
♦ App shutdown from notification bar(Android 4.2 and newer)
♦ Auto shutdown if screen is off for specified number of minutes
♦ Auto shutdown if battery gets below set percentage
♦ It can auto start on boot
♦ Less permissions needed
This application is very useful when you are using any application that uses GPS, such as Google Maps, Geocaching, ...
For some phones, the app even makes the GPS refresh faster so you are getting better location informations and better accuracy. Please keep in mind that this happens only on some phones!
Application requires some permissions. Let me explain why:
♦ Fine GPS location: Well, you want it to access GPS, right? :)
♦ Boot status: To be able to start at boot if set so in settings
♦ Modify system settings: To get background image of the phone. I do understand that this is not logical and I agree, but the app crashes without this permission on some phones :(
Of course, when you are using this app, GPS is constantly on so the battery might get depleted faster.
This application might not work with all the phones, as some of the manufacturers modify the Android in a way that disables the application to function properly. That kind of behaviour has been noticed on, but not limited to, some Alcatel phones.
Please test the Lite version of this app first, to see if it works.
In case of bugs:
Every application sooner or later has a bug. If you find one, please inform me so I can solve the issue. You can also contact me if you have suggestion for improving the app. I will gladly listen to your suggestions!
If you want to post negative comments or if you are not happy with your purchase, PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can solve the issue(or add a feature). I can not respond to comments so I can not help with issues there.
If you want to help me by translating the app to other language, please contact me!
Please keep in mind that application is provided "AS-IS". It should not be relied on to and I shall not be responsible for any problem/expense/life threatening situation it could cause.
Special Thanks to:
Roli Schiller for translating the app to Hungarian
Miguel Alonso for translating the app to Spanish
- Distribution tool
- Statistical tests
Besides these areas, the application supports saving, loading, and deleting datasets where applicable.
The distribution tool offers the following features: plot the pdf/pmf, properties (like mean value, variance, and support), cumulative probability, point mass/density, quantiles, and generating/sampling from the distribution.
Discrete probability distributions: Binomial, Hypergeometric, Negative binomial (or Pascal as it is also called), Poisson, uniform, and Zipf
Continuous probability distributions: Beta, Cauchy, Chi^2 (Chi squarred), Exponential, F (or Fisher-Snedecor as it is also called), Gamma, Normal (or Gaussian as it is also called), Student's t, uniform, and Weibull
- One way ANOVA
- Chi^2 tests: Pearson's Chi^2 test for independence and observed vs expected counts
- Correlation tests: Pearson's correlation and Spearman's correlation
- Student's t-tests: One sample and two sample (both homoscedastic and heteroscedastic are supported)
- Plot a histogram
- Summary statistics as: number of observations, min, max, mean, standard deviation, variance, median, skewness, and kurtosis
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
If you have a mobile device with a MT6577/MT6589(T)/MT6592 chipset, you probably noticed the GPS functionality is pretty bad. Most notably, it can be quite difficult to get a 'fix'. This can be resolved by saving recent EPO files, which are used for Assisted GPS. These EPO files can be downloaded manually (which takes some time), or you could just use MT GPS!
This application retrieves the latest EPO files and saves them to the right location. The files should be updated daily to make sure you can always get a GPS fix quickly. The usage is pretty straightforward, but here is a set of instructions:
- Make sure your phone is rooted
- Run MT GPS
- Download the EPO files
- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything
- Turn on your Wi-Fi
- Start the app requiring GPS!
This should be sufficient to get GPS working on most of the devices with a MT chipset. However, if it still is not working after following the steps above, try this:
- Update EPO files as stated above and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on
- Go to Location in Settings and enable everything
- Download MobileUncle from the store
- Run MobileUncle
- Choose 'Engineer Mode'
- Choose 'Engineer Mode (MTK)'
- Go to the tab 'Location', and choose 'YGPS'
- Go to the tab 'Information', and choose 'hot', then 'full', then 'AGPS RESTART'
- Start the app requiring GPS!
If it still is not working, chances are you have a mobile phone with a faulty GPS chip. Some phones have poor antennae, which means you can't fix the GPS issues with an application. This application has been tested on a variety of phones with various MT chipsets, but we can't test all the phones available on the market. Thank you for your understanding.
All rendering happens on the GPU and is very processor friendly.
This wallpaper looks great with custom launchers such as Launcher Pro, which animates the icons in a non-standard way.
Please let me know if you want a specific transition included, and I'll see what I can do.
If something isn't working, please let me know and I will try to fix it and refund you.
The app uses UDP for remote commands.
*Phone state permission is for pausing when you answer a call.