Run the Remotedy app on your Android device to remote control a Mopidy music server running on Linux or Mac. Remotedy does not play any music, it is only a remote control.
Remotedy currently supports following features:
- Mopidy backend extensions: spotify, soundcloud, tunein, local
- Play, pause, previous, next, stop
- Volume, mute
- Now playing
- Your playlists
- Play queue (select a track in a playlist or browse; its tracks are added to the play queue automatically)
- Cover art in Now playing, Playlist, Play queue, Browse and Search
- Edit tracks in play queue (to move track in play queue: long-press on track and then drag)
- Lock screen notification (media style)
- Filter search on mopidy backend
- Context-based popup dialogs (browse artist, album)
- Automatic updates from the player (current track, playback state, seek, volume, mute)
- Multiple devices (simultaneous control same music server from different devices)
- Multiple music servers (install music servers on multiple computers, switch between them in Remotedy)
- Dynamic app background (based on cover for current track)
The Mopidy music server plays music from popular music cloud services or from local disk.
Information regarding the required third-party music server can be found here: http://mopidy.com
The servers need to be in the same WiFi network as your Android device.
Find install instructions and download from: http://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/installation/
Configure to listen for HTTP requests on hostname :: and default port 6680: http://docs.mopidy.com/en/latest/ext/http/#configuration
Mopidy is copyright 2009-2015 Stein Magnus Jodal and contributors.
Coverarts, music, and song titles shown in the screenshots and video are licensed under Creative Commons' Attribution:
* Kellee Maize http://kelleemaize.com http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kellee_Maize/ licensed under CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/)
* Figures In Motion https://www.figures-in-motion.com licensed under CC BY 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)