The method was first described by James Grenning in 2002 and later popularized by Mike Cohn in the book Agile Estimating and Planning.
Planning Poker should force people to think independently and propose all numbers at the same time. This is accomplished by making all participants show the card with selected number, on signal.
This application makes it possible to play planning poker without playing cards.
Netlight is a genuine consulting firm. We refine the concept of IT-consulting to be about talents who, in cooperation, create valuable results for our clients.
For Genuine Consultants client interests come first. We deliver independent solutions and tangible results of significant value, based on the client’s conditions and business goals. We do this by focusing on our core values Competence, Creativity and Business Sense.
See www.netlight.com for more information.
Planning Poker, also called Scrum poker, is a consensus-based technique for estimating, mostly used to estimate effort or relative size of user stories in software development. It is a variation of the Wideband Delphi method. It is most commonly used in agile software development, in particular the Extreme Programming methodology.
Any problems or suggestions send to my mail.
No ads or other nonsense, just clean, crisp and easy to use.
- An alternative to a physical deck of cards when using the Planning/Scrum Poker technique of estimation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planning_poker)
- Full-screen (no title bar) cards
- Swipe left or right to change selected card (very useful when you change your mind during estimation)
- Swipe up to hide your selected card (so no-one can see your estimate prematurely) Swipe up again to unhide it.
- No screen timeouts when a card is shown
- Optional 0 (zero), ½ (half), ∞ (infinity), ? (unknown) and the all-important coffee cards
- Configurable Fibonacci and monetary sequences for the cards
This app is in active development. Please email comments and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The source code for this app is available on Github at http://bit.ly/plapokplusplus-github.
This is not a poker game!!!
It is a tool to support estimation meetings of scrum based software development projects.
Customizable card decks: change card values, use a reference value and your own team logo. Supports 3 card decks.
Requires Android 1.5 and higher
* Planning Poker ®, Fibonacci, T-Shirt and Natural sequences
* Choose the number of cards you want displayed
* Auto-hide card upon selection
* Shake to reveal
* Keep screen on
* Built-in timer for time boxing the estimation discussions
* Customisable deck colours
* Simple and beautiful design
To learn more about the methodology, visit Scrum Alliance (where you can also find Scrum training courses): http://www.scrumalliance.org or take a look at Wikipedia for a quick reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planning_poker
- Completely customise the card deck
- Gyroscope support to automatically show the card on device rotation, no need to click
- Swipe between cards
- Portrait and landscape support
- Advert and branding free
Qooway brings you an elegant, free solution for your Planning Poker and Scrum Planning processes. Featuring Fibonacci Sequence number cards, smooth animations, and an awesome 'washroom break' card, your scrum team is sure to have a good time.
What is Planning Poker?
Planning Poker is a consensus-based estimation technique for estimating, mostly used to estimate effort or relative size of tasks in software development (Wikipedia).
How does it work?
1. Tap a card to show your selection.
2. Validate your selection by tapping again.
3. Tap the back of the card to show your selection.
Copyright © 2014 Qooway Online Inc.
All Rights Reserved
A simple and clean Planning Poker® application based on the card deck published by the computer consulting company IT-Bolaget Per & Per in Sweden.
Planning Poker is a technique used to make it fun and efficient to estimate tasks in a project.
More from developer
Excellent for tablets!
- Beautiful graphics
- Wonderful sounds
- Top ten highscores
- Sound setting
- Memory card installation
If you have any suggestions on improvements, please let us know. We are eager to improve the game to your liking.
Developed by Yarrr! (Emilie Ihre, Ian Kumlien, David Pettersson)