The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
and allows you to instantly decode aviation weather information.
How to use MetarDroid :
From home screen search for an airport by entering its ICAO code (ex. EDDF) or multiple airports by entering different ICAO codes separated by spaces (ex. EDDF EGLL EGCC).Tick “Taf” checkbox on the right if you also want to download taf information.
Press “Fetch weather” button to download latest metar information from NOAA website or the “Reset” button to clear text from the search box.
Note: some airports might not be available or recent metar information could be missing. In this case a “No METAR found” message will appear.
If metars are found a list will appear that shows for each station its raw metar information followed by taf information. Also a flight category appears at the top right corner saying if the station is in VFR, MIFR or IFR conditions.
From this screen you can add the station or the group of station as a favourite search by pressing on ( Add this search to favourites) at the bottom of the screen. A Dialog box appears when you can give your search a name you like.
For example if you looked for EGCC EGNX EGGP metar you can save the search as “Northern England”. This search will appear on the home screen.
Simply press on the raw text of the metar or taf to get raw metar or raw taf decoded to plain text. From the decoded metar screen you can still save your search or visualize the raw text of metar again. You can also get more station information by pressing on “Station” button or on the airport name at the top of the screen.
Access the settings menu (by pressing the “menu button” on your device to change some settings for this app.
”Theme color” settings lets you decide from blue or black color combination.
“Default Location” lets you choose a default station to show metar information on the home screen from your favourite location.
Please note that you have to enter a valid ICAO code when dialog box appears or leave the textbox empty to clear this preference.
Please contact me via email for any feedback or suggestion
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
Thanks to all who donated to me by buying this version of Metar Widget. But it now goes free as it will not receive anymore support / updates. Thanks again. Fly safe.
Metar Widget Donate is a simple app that allows you to check METARs in a blink right from your homescreen.
Features of Metar Widget Donate:
features of free version:
- METARs from your favorite airport on homescreen
- quick access to latest METARS and TAFs from widget
- quick access to aviation weather website from METARs/TAFs list
- 2 extra widgets (4x2 and 4x1) displaying raw metar data ( Simple and Tiny widget).
- choose your own widget background/text color and transparency.
- 4 different prest widget backgrounds to choose from
- Save up to 5 airports to browse through on widget
- access PIREPs right from widget
- 5 different list colors
- possibility to search for airfields/airports offering METARs within 50NM of the airfield/airport of your choice.
!! depending on your Android version and/or launcher :
- download and install
- long press on homescreen -> add widget->Metar Widget
-go to app drawer -> select widget on top of screen->scroll to Metar Widget->long press to add to homescreen
*** IMPORTANT : Metar Widget IS NOT AN APPLICATION INTENDED TO USED FOR FLIGHT PLANNING BUT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Please don't forget to rate my app ! Thank you.
and it is FREE!
List your operational airports.
Quickly check current METAR conditions.
Be informed - install Aero METAR today.
- METAR available decoded and raw format.
- Add airports by Name, ICAO and IATA code.
- Auto Refreshed every 15 minutes.
- Uses low internet bandwidth.
- Intuitive layout and design.
App has been developed by RocketRoute one of the worlds most innovative flight planning app companies. For more information visit www.rocketroute.com.
Station list is sorted by distance from the current location.
Current observation (METAR) and forecast (TAF) can be downloaded for the selection station from the NOAA site.
The weather station data downloaded from the developer's site on the first run, and can be updated later on request.
Ao contrário dos outros aplicativos, as mensagens de METAR e TAF e os NOTAMs são consultados diretamente nos sites oficiais Brasileiros, retornando sempre dados atualizados e em tempo real, independente do aeródromo ser nacional ou internacional.
*** Leia antes de Avaliar ***
O aplicativo depende das informações disponíveis nos sites oficiais para funcionar corretamente. Se por algum motivo o aplicativo não conseguir realizar a conexão, nenhum dado poderá ser exibido.
As mensagems de METAR e TAF são consultadas através de uma plataforma (API) disponibilizada pelo REDEMET, porém os outros recursos precisam ser extraídos de partes específicas de determinada página dos órgãos oficiais. Constantemente estas páginas são atualizadas e o conteúdo sofre alteração, o que impede o correto funcionamento do aplicativo até que o mesmo seja atualizado.
Caso encontre algum problema no aplicativo, realize estas 2 pequenas etapas antes de fazer uma avaliação negativa:
1 - Tente novamente mais tarde, provavelmente o recurso não funcionou devido a falha de conexão ou por indisponibilidade do serviço.
2 - Caso o problema persista, em contato conosco através do email email@example.com informando qual recurso não funcionou (METAR, TAF, NOTAM, SIGWX, etc.), vamos procurar resolver o problema o mais rápido possível.
Exemplo de indisponibilidade de serviço (REDEMET):
Enquanto o REDEMET está indisponível as consultas são realizadas no NOAA. Por ser um órgão estrangeiro, os dados dos aeródromos nacionais demoram para atualizar.
Histórico de atualizações:
Versão 1.8 (10/10/2014)
- Inclusão de imagens do IPMET - Radar Bauru e Presidente Prudente.
Versão 1.7 (07/09/2014)
- Inclusão de imagens de superfície e satélite NOAA
Versão 1.6 (03/12/2013)
- Correção da pesquisa da imagem de nevoeiro, agora utilizando GOES 13.
Versão 1.5 (03/12/2013)
- Correção de bug durante exibição de mensagem de erro;
- Melhorias na performance durante a consulta de dados.
Versão 1.4 (02/12/2013)
- Timeout (tempo limite de pesquisa) alterado de 30 para 90 segundos.
Versão 1.3 (08/02/2013)
- Correção de bug (crash) quando a pesquisa demorava mais que 30 segundos para retornar os dados.
Versão 1.2 (02/01/2013)
- Adicionado Imagens de Radar do Simepar - Paraná
Versão 1.1 (02/01/2013)
- Adicionado SIGWX.
Versão 1.0 (01/01/2013)
- Adicionado Imagem de Satélite - Nevoeiro.
Versão 0.9 (06/12/2012)
- Correção de bugs reportados por usuários.
Versão 0.8 (04/12/2012)
- Correção de bug na exibição das imagens de satélite (para android < 3.0)
Versão 0.7 (04/12/2012)
- Imagens de Satélite;
- Correção de bug e melhoria na interface da exibição de NOTAM's.
Versão 0.6 (04/12/2012)
- Exibe a situação do aerodromo consultado (VFR, MVFR ou IFR).
Versão 0.5 (01/12/2012)
- Consulta de NOTAMs.
Versão 0.4 (30/11/2012)
- Correção de bug;
- Compartilhar mensagens.
Versão 0.3 (30/11/2012)
- Histórico de pesquisas.
Versão 0.2 (29/11/2012)
- Nova interface (nativa do Android).
Versão 0.1 (26/11/2012)
- Consulta de Metar/TAF.
Very important for all the people who actually fly in real life and virtually one.
In Airports Utilitys there is also the possibility to change the tipe of notams.
This app is not designed to search for cities or towns; to get weather information you need to put in the ICAO airport/base identifier. These are four letter identifiers like KMDT (Middletown, PA), PAKN (King Salmon, AK), and KIAD (Dulles, VA). Or put in IATA identifiers, which are three letter identifiers like IAD (Dulles, VA).
Lastly, since this app is a pet project so there are no guarantees. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for new features feel free to e-mail me.
The basic idea is store fix points, coordinates, and generate so called KML files. KML (Keyhole Markup Language) files can contain tracks and tours. KML file can be viewed by Google Earth directly on the cell phone. TrackPlan can also send generated KML tours and tracks, via an inbuilt e-mail function, to be viewed on a PC/Mac/Linux or cell phones.
TrackPlan is very easy to use. Just a few click and you have recorded your tour. After landing, you can instantly view your tour in “3D”, send it to your friends and they can fly with you.
In order to view KML on your cell phone you need Google Earth, version 7.0 or newer, for Androids. Older version does not fully support KML. Google Play -> Google Earth
Most versions of Google Earth on PC/Max/Linux suppor KML tours.
TrackPlan can be setup to start automatically, default and recommended setting. That means that logging will start when you pass a given speed during takeoff and stops when you speed is less than a given speed.
You will normally start TrackPlan during start up or run up and then just put the cell phone away but "visible" for satellite signals.
You will see that there are many different types KML files and diagrams that can be viewed. Different settings can be changed to satisfy your needs.
No need for more words. Just go ahead and play. Have fun