This tool only needs to operate the GPS receiver, but for a more accurate measurement and recommended to activate a data connection to the internet.
Other features include:
- Viewing cootdinate its position
- Ability to send coordinates via SMS or email
- Display time of 'sunrise and sunset
- Setting units of measure in Meters, or Feet Yard
The altimeter uses the GPS integrated in your mobile phone and requires a good GPS signal to provide more accurate values.
- its primary goal is to work Offline without network access in remote area or for outdoor activities (aviation, hiking, ski-tour, ...).
Altimeter Pro is the evolution of Altimeter (100000 of Downloads) here are the principals evolutions :
- Android 4.x design & compatibility.
- HD graphics supports.
- Height variation.
- Moving pressure window.
- + Different improvements.
+ All Altimeter functions :
- 3 hands analog altimeter (hundreds, thousands & tens of thousands).
- Sensor "autostart" feature.
- Automatic sensor stop on exit (to preserve the battery).
- 2 altitudes providers : Barometric sensor(*) or GPS sensor (no network use).
- Field proven barometric algorithm.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude or pressure (QNH) including a reset function.
- QFE / Altitude / QNH (*) display.
- Improved GPS altitude when using GPS sensor.
- Feet or meters for altitude units.
- hPa or inHg for pressure units (*).
- Altitude speech.
- User interface in English, French, German (Thanks Peter), Italian (Thanks Cosimo !).
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device : Motorola Xoom 1, Goolge Samsung Nexus, Google LG Nexus 4, Google LG Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4, S4 Advance, Motorola Moto X...
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. However a message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found. It then switchs to the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS).
The GPS with improved algorithm, was implemented to overcome the lack of pressure sensor on most devices.
Please remind : the GPS provider is not as accurate as the Barometric sensor especially if used in high density urban area. However on clear area with good sky visibility the accuracy is very good.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude : this is a feature.
For that reason the GPS location won't run indoor !
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome ! I was able to test Altimeter Pro on severals device up to 4000m !
The calibration function of the pressure sensor(*) is very simple. Just enter the current altitude reference (as with a hiking altimeter). The altitude is then automatically corrected. If the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
A calibration function with the QNH pressure allows the altimeter to be calibrated on ground or during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from a grounded weather station.
Keywords: analog altimeter, barometric altimeter, QNH pressure, altitude, pilot tool, aviation goodies.
Inoltre potrai monitorare l'andamento delle previsioni del tempo in base alla pressione barometrica (se il tuo dispositivo ha il sensore di pressione). Tendenza nuvoloso o soleggiato ultime 12h
Con la funzione scatta foto, potrai scattare fotografie personalizzate (con l'altitutidine ed il luogo dove ti trovi), condividerle con facebook, whats up, email ecc.
Molto interessante è anche l'utilizzo del widget attivabile nella propria scherma.
View your GPS altitude or map elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust according to your local time of day.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read:
• View altitude/elevation in feet or meters
• Built-in flashlight
• Share your altitude/elevation via e-mail or Twitter
• Ad Free
Note: Accuracy is subject to device, location, and signal strength.
Keywords: latitude, accuracy, feet, longitude, hiking, position, meters, trail, location, ft, current, foot, flashlight, m, geocache, geocaching, location, altitude, height, distance
Includes speech component (T-T-S extender MUST be installed, available free from Market)
Sharing options will be included in updates if there is demand.
- Using GPS satellites triangulation. Slow and not accurate but it works even with no internet connection
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
You can also calibrate the sensor to eliminate systematic error.
The altitude shown is TRUE altitude, therefore little differences with the barometric altitude may be observed.
***** Features *****
- GPS true altitude
- Feet scale
- Meters scale
- Smooth and realistic operation
***** Instructions *****
When the app is started it shows 0 ft. Enable your device GPS. As soon as the GPS altitude is fixed it will be shown
in the altimeter. Click on the screen for toogling between feet and meters.
Thought for cycling, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, skiing, backcountry skiing, mountaineering.
For weather forecasts: the Barometer monitors pressure and pressure trend, view last 24 hours pressure chart.
Tired of inaccurate altitude measurements given by your GPS?
Want to see and register your vertical speed and your elevation gain?
This application leverages the barometer sensor on your device to give you two possibilities:
- during outdoor activities, use your device as an Altimeter, to monitor altitude gains and drops. You will know your current vertical velocity (meters/hour up or down). Using the TrackAnalyzer feature, you will register: total track time, max and min altitude, total positive and negative altitude gain, number of positive and negative slopes.
- if you are in a fixed place, use your device as a Barometer, monitoring changes in pressure values over time so that you can understand how the weather is going yo change. Yuo can calibrate the Barometer with the exact altitude of the place you are, so that the applcation gives you an estimate of the pressure at sea level
Beta version 1.2.0 available:
The beta version is available after joining the group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/altibaro-beta-testers
This is completely free; there are not even ads! In-App Billing is requested for future use; it is not yet used.
The app is an electronic version of an altimeter and vertical speed indicator (VSI) designed for pilots to use easily. It does not replace the need for an approved altimeter in your aircraft, but that does not mean it doesn't work. I envisage its main uses are as an emergency altimeter if the one on the aircraft fails, and as a tool to allow trainee pilots to learn the basics of altimetry.
It displays feet above the datum which can be expressed in either hectopascals (equivalent to millibars) or inches of mercury. There are buttons to decrease and increase the pressure datum by 10 units and 1 unit, and there is a special button to use to select pressure altitude which instantly sets 1013.25hPa. In this mode, it shows your flight level as well as the pressure altitude.
I have also added the capability to display a rolling 30s history of indicated altitude and vertical speed. How accurate is your straight and level flying? What about your level turns, rate 1, medium rate or steep? You can't focus on the altimeter or VSI while you are turning! With this, you can look at how well you did after the fact.
Perhaps you use an autopilot and you want to know how well it holds your level? This is probably the exact tool you need!
I have now tested it while flying and it was reading about 60 feet high on the Cardiff QFE. That seemed to be consistent through the circuit when comparing its reading to that of the altimeter within the aircraft.
If you intend to make use of it while flying, please read the more extensive notes here beforehand:
In particular, I do not recommend that you use this as your primary reference to altitude.
You can also leave comments on that page. You can access that page through the "About" entry of the menu.
A screen rotation causes loss of historic filter data at present. All that means is that you have to wait a few seconds (depending on the filter strength) to regain accurate indications and for the rolling history graph to catch up.
This version will not tell you if samples of pressure stop coming in. I'll add that feature back in soon.
I expect to fix the above problems in future versions.
New in V2.0:
+ and - buttons to calibrate the average sea-level pressure (in hPa) of your region.
New user interface.
Uses the phone's pressure sensor: Gives instantaneous results in Imperial and SI units.
Does not rely on GPS: Saves battery life and work indoors (work wherever air is present).
Does not use Internet: Saves your data and battery life.
Uses a low pass filter to smooth results.
Does not require any permission and does not access any data on your phone.
Does not include any ads.
Works only on phones with a pressure sensor (Galaxy S3, S4, Note 1 and 2, Nexus 4, and etc).
Accuracy of the readings is affected by your location, the weather around you, and the sensor's sensitivity.
Keywords: Altimeter Barometer Altitude Elevation Pressure Sensor
More from developer
* VFR Forecast chart
* Low-Level Forecast
(note: for taf/metar fallback to ADDS will be made if no answer from LFV. This will be indicated in the GUI)
From ADDS the following services are available:
* TAF/METAR history
* ICAO station info
Services are mainly for pilots flying VFR in Sweden, however TAF and METAR works for all ICAO codes.
All data is fetched directly from LFV. Always make sure the data is valid before flying!!
** ENDAST PÅ SVENSKA **
PhoneFinder monitors SMS traffic, and if a SMS is equal to your password, the phone tries to position itself using Network and GPS (if available) and send the coordinates back.