- Using GPS satellites triangulation. No internet connection required, quite accurate with clean sky but works only outdoors and it's slow.
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
You can also calibrate the sensor to eliminate systematic error.
This tool only needs to operate the GPS receiver, but for a more accurate measurement and recommended to activate a data connection to the internet.
Other features include:
- Display the coordinates of your location, both in Degrees Minutes Decimal and Decimal Degrees in both
- Possibility to send the coordinates using WhatsApp, SMS or E-Mail
- Displaying the time of 'sunrise and sunset
- Set the type of measurement Meters, or Feet Yard
- Compass pointing north with the red end of the Needle
When the altitude below it says "GPS detection" means that the altitude was detected by GPS and the margin of error is approximately + / - 50, and if it says "Detecting Network" means that the 'altitude was detected by GPS and the internet and the margin of error is almost zero.
The altimeter uses the GPS integrated in your mobile phone and requires a good GPS signal to provide more accurate values.
Must have application for every Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note owner.
Includes beatiful widget and altimeter.
Simple and elegant with ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) look and feel.
1) Real time pressure on elegant gauge.
2) Barometric altimeter! (m, ft)
3) Pressure variometer (try it in the elevator)
4) Historical chart
5) Pressure trend and weather predictions
6) Multiple units (hPa, inHg, mmHg, psi, atm, kPa)
7) Weather alerts on notification bar
Optimized for Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note
CHECK FREE VERSION FIRST!
Please note that application requires "pressure sensor" to be present in your device (It is not required by manifest file due to testing purposes).
On devices without pressure sensor, fake values are presented and the widget won't work.
Place SyPressure widget on your home screen to enable sampling.
Please note that trends accuracy improves after several hours of sampling.
- improve predictions accuracy
- aquire pressure from network (for devices without sensor)
- coarse location and gps location detection in order to get altitude and improve predictions (as requested by some users)
Please consider to email me with problems rather than posting them in rates. This is a good practice that help developers solve problems and keep application popular.
Thank you. And have fun!
barometer, barometr, pressure, air pressure, nexus, note, s3, s III, altimeter, ICS, ice cream sandwich, android 4.0
It is usefull for outdoors activities like hiking, mountaineering, ski tour, mountain bike or air sports like aviation or paragliding.
The application is designed to work in backcountry or remote places where no connexion is available.
Most functionalities require a pressure sensor (barometer sensor) but the application can be used in GPS mode which can be usefull in certain cases or as a backup solution.
Here are the main functionalities :
* Analog panel featuring a real aviation altimeter,
* Digital panel with many information,
* Current Altitude,
* Ascending or Descending Rate (*),
* Altitude Gain,
* Minimum and Maximum Altitude,
* QFE and QNH pressure (*),
* Live Altitude Profil,
* Track history management : Save / View / Export,
* Different calibration option : by altitude reference, by pressure, by Internet (+9.000 referenced weather stations) (*),
* 2 altitude providers : pressure sensor(*) or GPS chip (not network GPS),
* Advanced GPS with geoid adjust,
* Sensor offset adjustement (*),
* Different units (hPa, inHg, Meter, Feet, Km, Nm, Mi, ...),
* HD Graphics,
* User interface in severals langages : English, Spanish, French,
* Speach synthesis of altitude on touch,
Once Altimeter Pro is started, forget-it ! The application do all the job for you.
It's intelligent design allows it to have a minimal energy footprint on your device. You can then focus on your activity without to worry.
At the end of your activity, you can save your track.
Later you can view it or export it.
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device :
Goolge Samsung Nexus, Google LG Nexus 4, Google LG Nexus 5, Google Nexus 6, Google Nexus 9, Samsung Galaxy Note 1, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 Advance, Motorola Moto X, LG G3, Sony Xperia Z3...
The Aircraft Cockpit app recreates the six main flight instruments (the six-pack) that you find in the majority of past and present airplanes: Speed Indicator, Attitude Indicator, Altimeter, Turn Coordinator, Heading Indicator and Vertical Speed Indicator.
This Aircraft Cockpit app is NOT certified or approved by the FAA or similar institution of your country. It is NOT intended nor suited for being a primary navigation aid. It is intended for educational and recreational purposes only. DO NOT rely on the accuracy of any of the instruments of this app. USE AT OWN RISK! See license agreement.
For the proper functioning of the instruments, it is very important to mount your Android tablet or phone in landscape orientation and exactly upright and facing the direction of travel! For more details please see the built-in User's Manual by pressing the menu button.
This app makes use of several of your phones internal sensors. It's functionality and quality depends on the existence and quality of these sensors. For optimal fuctionality the following sensors should be available:
- Magnetic Field (Compass)
- Air Pressure (Barometer)
For some of the instruments, alternative sensors can be selected (for example the Altimeter can derive the current altitude either from the GPS or from the air pressure).
Try the demo version first BEFORE buying this app, to make sure your device has the necessary sensors.
Do you need a professional app to accompany you during you navigation, then try this App!
"Navigation tools' app has 7 screens full of information:
1. Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a radar(including additional information).
2. Your current speed, battery level and battery temperature shown on a speedometer.
3. Your current altitude shown on as text, on a graph,and on a altitude chart.
4. A simple compass showing you your direction (Additional: Pitch and Roll).
5. Artificial Horizon
6. Inclinometer showing you the pitch and the roll of your car.
7. Proximity Alert (It alerts you when you are near a point of interest), Place Finder (A simple search engine for the Map), Place surfer (Showing you important information about a place picked by you).
New Tools will be added as soon as possible.
1. To increase the gps signal go outdoors!
2. To calibrate the compass just wave your phone in a figure of 8 motion.
Tags: radar, satellite, inclinometer, pitch, roll, compass, horizon, artificial, speedometer, speed, altimeter, altitude, tools, navigation, tool, gps, test, sensor.
View your GPS altitude or map elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust according to your local time of day.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read:
• View altitude/elevation in feet or meters
• Built-in flashlight
• Share your altitude/elevation via e-mail or Twitter
• Ad Free
Note: Accuracy is subject to device, location, and signal strength.
FlyBy E6B is an essential flight computer application for all pilots. Designed by a professional airline pilot it includes many features not found in other E6B programs.
FlyBy E6B was one of the very first applications of its kind published for the Palm OS. Used by thousands of pilots the world over, it has evolved from the suggestions and feedback we have received.
FlyBy E6B Features:
- True Airspeed using Calibrated Airspeed
- True Airspeed using Mach#
- Calibrated Airspeed using TAS
- IAS Using MACH#
- Equivalent Airspeed using CAS
- Mach# Using TAS
- Mach Crossover Altitude
- Planned MACH#
- Planned TAS
- Find Wind Direction and Speed
- Find Wind Component (headwind and crosswind)
Heading and Ground Speed:
- Find Heading, Ground Speed, ETE and Fuel Burned
- Find Compass Heading using True Heading, Magnetic Variation and Deviation
- Find Estimated Time Enroute
- Find Ground Speed
- Find Distance
- Find Fuel Time
- Find Fuel Flow
- Find Fuel Burned
- Find Estimated Time of Arrival
- Fixed GroundSpeed (Find required TAS given a Track, Groundspeed, and wind)
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Altitude
- True Altitude
- Altitude Temperature Correction
Vertical Navigation Calculations:
- Distance and Time using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Vertical Speed
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Distance
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Descent Angle
- Feet/Nm using Vertical Speed, Ground Speed
- Feet/Nm (%) using Gradient %, Ground Speed
- Rate of Climb using Required Climb Gradient and Ground Speed
- SCDA (Constant Descent Angle)
- VDP (Visual Descent Point)
- VPA (Vertical Path Angle) Deviation
- Critical Point
- Point of No Return
- Time to Minimum Descent Altitude
- Navigation Track and Distance between two points with plotted map view
- Rate One Turn
- Radius of Turn
- Turning Stall Speed
- DME Arc
Nautical Miles/ Knots
Statute Miles/ Mph
- Fuel, Temperature Corrected, JetA, JetB, AvGas:
- QFE/QNH airfield altitude conversion
- DMS/D-M.m/DM.m and D.d coordinate conversion
Feet per NM
- Relative Humidity, Heat Index, Cumulus cloud base, Wind Chill
- NOAA METAR and TAF aviation weather access
- Linear Interpolation
- Minimum Floor Load Limit (Cargo)
- Maximum Cargo Weight
- Runway Slope
- Sunrise/Sunset plus sun Azimuth and Elevation
The water pipeline feature allows the user to assign a pipe diameter, Hazen-William’s Roughness Coefficient, flow direction, and inlet/outlet pressure to calculate a pipe’s maximum flow along tracks. The flow calculation is calculated continuously and assumes full pipe flow (Continuous acting air vents are typically installed at summits to release air and prevent debris from being pulled into pipeline leaks). The real time profile view, called water pipe chart, includes the hydraulic grade line so users can visualize the water pressure in the pipe and identify pipe summits that will reduce pipe flow.
The data is saved with the date, time, inputs, pipe flow, latitude, longitude, speed, elevation, % grade, 2D distance, 3D distance, hydraulic grade line, track description, track number, and waypoint information. Saved data can be reloaded into the program or imported into other programs.
For GIS (Geographic Information System) users, note that latitude and longitude information is WGS 84 (World Geodetic System 1984) when importing.
The data files can be saved as .csv (comma separated values), GPX, and TCX for easy import into GIS (Geographic Information System), GPS (Global Position System), and Civil Engineering applications.
You can see the altitude in meters or feet and calibrate the altitude from settings
You can also monitor the progress of the weather forecast based on the barometric pressure (if your device has the pressure sensor). Trend cloudy or sunny last 12h
The function takes pictures, you can take pictures personalized (with altitutidine and the place where you are), share with facebook, whatsapp, email etc.
Also interesting is the use of the widget can be activated in your fencing.
The App uses GPS and an air pressure sensor for smartphones.
Turn on the GPS settings are available. (GPS -ON)
The accuracy of the GPS signal strength measurements, it may be changed according to the performance of the smart phone.
Enhanced readability, a simple design with 7-segment digit.
Leisure sports, hiking, outdoor activities, etc.
You can use this tool to see how high above the sea level you are, according to the GPS, or just see what is the current altitude Google has stored for your current location.
It is pretty easy to use and you'll sure like it!
** ENDAST PÅ SVENSKA **
PhoneFinder monitors SMS traffic, and if a SMS is equal to your password, the phone tries to position itself using Network and GPS (if available) and send the coordinates back.
* VFR Forecast chart
* Low-Level Forecast
(note: for taf/metar fallback to ADDS will be made if no answer from LFV. This will be indicated in the GUI)
From ADDS the following services are available:
* TAF/METAR history
* ICAO station info
Services are mainly for pilots flying VFR in Sweden, however TAF and METAR works for all ICAO codes.
All data is fetched directly from LFV. Always make sure the data is valid before flying!!