contactSCOTLAND-BSL connects deaf BSL users throughout Scotland to our dedicated team of qualified and experienced interpreters with all of Scotland’s public authorities and voluntary organisations (Third Sector).
Please note: If you have not yet registered (it’s free), please go to www.contactscotland-bsl.org/reg to create your username and password.
With almost 1 in 5 of the population being deaf, we provide an easy and flexible way of interacting with deaf BSL users who use and access public and voluntary services - Deaf people can contact you and of course you can contact deaf people. contactSCOTLAND-BSL is Scotland wide service and brought to you by Sign Language Interactions powered by InterpreterNow and nWise.
Whether a deaf person speaks or signs, contactSCOTLAND-BSL makes communication easier for everyone involved. contactSCOTLAND-BSL enables deaf and hearing people to communicate with each other, instantly.
The contactSCOTLAND-BSL App is FREE to download. Customers using the App can connect with Sign Language interpreters from their smartphone or tablet at home, at work or on the move while connected to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi. It is vital that customers ensure they have a good connection to the internet.
Easy setup – Register with contactSCOTLAND-BSL at www.contactscotland-bsl.org/reg to create your username and password and use these to login and start using contactSCOTLAND-BSL.
The technical name for what we do is called a Video Relay Service (VRS), but we like to think of it as having an Interpreter in your pocket!
- contactSCOTLAND-BSL App is FREE to download.
- Registered users can make instant BSL interpreted phone calls from their smartphone or tablet at home, at work or on the move while connected to 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi.
- Video Mail – watch video messages from your contacts if you miss a call.
- Contacts – Call any of your contacts with just one click!
- Automatic rotation – video view adjusts automatically whichever way you hold it.