Overall this app provides the following features:
- Quick mode to turn the phone ringer off for a certain period of time.
- Quick mode to turn the phone ringer off, until you turn it back on.
- Schedule when to turn the phone ringer off and back on, and repeat certain days of a week.
- One button to turn on the phone ringer.
- One button to change the phone to Airplane mode or revert from Airplane mode.
- Easily change the ringer mode between vibrate and silent modes.
- Schedule as many silent modes as you need.
- Easily enable or disable a scheduled silent mode.
- Display a notification icon to indicate the ringer mode or wait for the next schedule silent mode, this icon also provides easy access of the application.
- This app uses Android Alarm service for the scheduler so it doesn’t drain your phone’s battery.
- User should try with the free version before purchasing the app.
- The differences between free and paid versions are:
1) Paid version does not display ad banner.
2) Paid version allows scheduling unlimited silent modes, and Free version allows only 3.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To change the phone ringer mode when the screen is locked.
- Phone Vibrate: To vibrate the phone when the ringer reverts back to normal.
- Write Phone Settings: Change the phone to Airplane mode.
- Internet access: To support ads.
Phone Silencer is the app you have been waiting for!!
Phone Silencer App when activated, turns off the phone ringer and vibration alerts based on your preference. It can also send automated text messages to people calling or texting you.
Widget for one-touch activation.
Stay tuned for more features in future updates.
Can be set to silent or vibrate mode
Set specific time for phone ringer to be restored
Quick set feature (from 15 minutes to 8 hours)
3 permanent set modes (Silent, Vibrate, and Normal)
Upcoming features: Scheduling feature coming very soon. Also planned is the ability to filter calls that are allowed while silent.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have feature requests or wish to report bugs. I can be contacted on twitter at @wirelessguyuk. Please let me know the device, android version and whether you're using a custom ROM when emailing bug reports. Thanks.
Explanation of app permissions:
- these are used as part of the main app to set volume of the phone.
- these are used as part of the banner ads which help pay me to continue developing the app. I only use small banner ads not intrusive notification ads.
TruSilent is being sponsored by AndyTags NFC Tags and Stickers and is therefore FREE for all.
Have you ever had your phone in silent/vibrate mode in a business meeting, a movie, or church only to accidentally tap a music player widget or launch a game or have an alarm you forgot you set go off? That’s a feeling you never forget – everyone glaring at you like you’re an idiot! Whether you’ve experienced this or not, it’s definitely not something any of us want to experience. No one wants to be THAT guy.
TruSilent puts this issue to rest by automatically muting your media and/or alarm channels anytime you put your phone into vibrate/silent mode. Many people don’t even realize that when you put your phone into vibrate/silent mode, only the ringtone and notification channels are muted. This means if you accidentally open up a game or music track (easy to do with a touchscreen) or if you forget you set an alarm to go off, these will result in a potentially loud blasting sound in a situation where you didn’t want your phone to make any sounds!
Besides muting either or both your media/alarm channels, TruSilent also offers a “kill alarm” feature. This is because some stock alarm apps (such as that on the Samsung Galaxy S3) have separate volume control for each alarm, meaning if the alarm goes off, even if your alarm volume is muted, it will be reset to that alarm’s preset volume. However, if “kill alarm” is on and an alarm goes off while your phone is in silent/vibrate mode, TruSilent will “kill” the alarm before it has a chance to make any sounds. (The “kill alarm” feature only works with the stock alarm and may not work on every device so it should be tested prior to relying on it.)
TruSilent also offers an optional persistent notification which if turned on will put the TruSilent icon in your notification bar to remind you that TruSilent is active anytime you put your phone into silent/vibrate mode. This not only serves as a reminder that your phone (including media/alarm channels) is in silent mode, but also reminds you that your alarm will be killed if you have the “kill alarm” feature activated. The persistent notification will ensure you don’t forget to put your phone sound back into normal mode and miss an important alarm.
- Mutes media and/or alarm channels when phone is put into silent/vibrate mode
- Fully customizable – activate only the features you want!
- Easy to use, simple user interface.
- Set it and forget it – once you set up TruSilent the way you want, you’ll never have to open the app again.
- Kill unwanted alarms when in silent/vibrate (Stock alarm app on most devices)
- Makes your phone truly and completely silent when put in silent/vibrate mode
When you first install TruSilent you need to open it once to choose your settings and make it active.
If you like TruSilent, please visit the TruSilent sponsors website – AndyTags.com.
Interesting note: TruSilent was created entirely on an Android Device using Tasker and Tasker App Factory!
TruSilent is a great companion app for apps that switch vibrate/silent mode on a timer or calendar such as Shush, Shh! Auto-Silencer, De-Silencer, Phone Silencer, Silent Time, Silent Mode Timer, Auto Silent, Silent Sleep, Auto Silence, Husher, Ringwise, Ringtime, Ring Minder, or Shush!
If you've tried Mute All, True Silence, Volume Controls, Silent Boot, Mute, Super Mute, or other apps that control volume and want something more automatic, then Tru Silent is the app for you!
More from developer
- Silence the phone during single, scheduled or calendar event
- A Quick Select feature when you are in a hurry (activated with mute button)
- Preferences including settings for calendar sync, filtering, vibration, notifications etc.
Note. Free version will have all features but limited preference settings.