Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
Syncs all of your friends contact information including...
* First and Last Name
* Phone Number
* Email Address
* Facebook Account
* Twitter Account
* Home City
* Foursquare User ID
* Short Biography Text
To use this application, go to your "Settings" menu and choose the "Accounts and Sync" option. You can then "Add" a new account, and "Contact Sync for Foursquare" should appear in the list.
Some things to note:
1. Some friends may not display all the available contact information. For example, Facebook and Twitter Accounts are optional for Foursquare, so some Foursquare friends may not display these fields if they haven't supplied this information.
2. Some Android devices, such as newer Samsung phones, may not display some of the custom contact fields. such as the Facebook and Twitter Accounts. This information is still stored on your phone, but it just isn't visible. If this affects your phone, you may need to use a different Contacts app to display the missing fields. However, this should not affect standard fields such as Email Address and Phone Number - these should always be displayed if the Foursquare friend has supplied this information.
Like this application? Why don't you make a donation via the website?
After clicking to venue icon on map, you can go to venue detail (by clicking on gears icon, then Foursquare).
By long press map in Locus, you get new point, then choose gears icon and Foursquar. This app download desired points and show them in Locus.
Hootsuite is free for up to 3 social network accounts and has over 9 million users. It is the top app for Android to help you manage social media and track social media analytics.
Publish and schedule messages, monitor mentions and conversations about your brand, and track analytics - all from your Android device.
Hootsuite allows you to:
* Publish and share photos to all your social networks at once
* Manage multiple social network accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Schedule a post to Facebook or a tweet to Twitter to be sent at a later time or day
* AutoSchedule messages to automatically post them at the best time of day
* Check-in to Foursquare
* Monitor your brand on Twitter and Facebook
* Receive optional notifications for Twitter and Facebook updates when people mention your brand or talk about keywords you follow
* Shorten links with Ow.ly and track click-through stat report analytics
Hootsuite for Android complements your account on the Hootsuite web platform. You can easily add your social network accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare to your Hootsuite account to get started.
Simple, efficient, and powerful, Hootsuite for Android allows you to:
* Tweet from multiple Twitter accounts or schedule tweets for Twitter accounts.
* Post to Facebook Profiles and Pages or schedule Facebook posts.
You can also post to LinkedIn, Foursquare, and more from virtually anywhere. Plus, you can easily manage campaigns & analytics, schedule updates, and even translate and publish messages to/from over 50 languages.
Get the top app to build your audience, manage Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare from anywhere and tie analytics back to your goals.
Sign up for Hootsuite for free: http://hootsuite.com
If you experience any issues or want to give us feedback, tweet to us @Hootsuite_Help. We're happy to help!
Questions or Feedback?
* List nearby Foursquare places on your Android Wearable
* Make a checkin on selected place using Android Wearable
* Stay notified about nearby places available for check-in on your Android Wearable
With Wear for Swarm you can search for nearby Foursquare places and make a check-in directly from your Android Wear device.
With "Automatic notifications" you can be notified about places around you every time another application asks for position (it uses passive location provider only - no additional battery consumption) in minimal interval 15 minutes and minimum displacement 35 meters. This feature must be enabled in "Settings".
How to use it
1) Launch Wear for Swarm from your mobile phone or tablet
2) Login to Foursquare
3) Go to wearable menu and select Start…
5) Select application Wear for Swarm and wait few seconds
6) Select actual place for check-in
7) Wait 5 seconds to confirm check-in. Checked-in!
Please let me know your experience and feedback!
Application source code:
This app uses the Foursquare API but is not affiliated with or endorsed by Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Keyword: Map, Checkin, Check-in history, Facebook places, Foursquare, Gowalla, World map, information, check-in details, location point, country name, one click, all records, listing result, map presentation, places information content box, Android, multiple account, social network, keep record
- Launch Fifthsquare on your Gear Fit
- Foursquare will open its authorizationzation window on your phone. Log in (just once).
- Choose the place you are located at (on Gear Fit)
- Press Check in.
For correct location detection ensure your have Locations Services enabled and GPS/Wi-Fi switched on.
Application requires an access to Internet for correct operation.
Samsung API does not support portrait orientation now.
Using Footfeed to check in is easy. Simply create an account and link up your network accounts. When you want to check in, select your location and press checkin. You will continue to earn your points, badges, mayorships, rewards and rankings from each of the checkin networks.
* Multi Checkin Capable: check in once to multiple networks simultaneously including Facebook Places, Foursquare, Gowalla, Google Latitude, Facebook and Twitter
* Nearby Check-in Deals & Rewards: find all of the deals and rewards available from local businesses just for checking in. Includes over 15,000 Foursquare deals and hundreds of Geotoko check-in deals
* Tips & To Dos: we aggregate all of the tips and recommendations shared by users across all the check-in networks so you can easily get ideas on where to go and what to do
* Single Check in Feed: view all your friends checkins from Foursquare and Gowalla in a single feed * Stats: view all your stats across the checkin networks in a single view including, points, badges, mayorships, friends, stamps and more
* Friends: view all your friends on your checkin networks including their stats and recent checkin history * Favorite Locations: mark your favorite locations for quick checkin
Footfeed is recommended for fans of Facebook, Foursquare, Gowalla, Latitude, Loopt, Whrrl, Buzzd and other checkin networks
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/footfeedapp
Friend us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/footfeed
And make sure to login to Footfeed.com where you get complete access to your account.
FoodSquare, can help you find food shops near you. Along with a number of people check-ins on FourSquare,so you can know how popular that place is!!.
If you still can't choose, just shake the phone, We will random a place for you.
- find food shops, restaurants near you with number of people who been checked-in.
- sort by distance or checkin count
- type in place name to find restaurant somewhere else.
- shake to randomly pick a place.
- checkins to FourSquare.
- Upload picture to fourSquare Venue
- view place details, map, tips, images
- now you can use foodSquare without having to login to FourSquare first, unless you need to checkins.
- support multi-language included Thai.
- submit tips.
- Show tip, picture list.
- Show detail of place in-app.
But wait: should know that this app is a little pet project. Consider it beta quality and let me know if you encounter issues before rating so we can together improve the app!
Here's what you get:
- Link to your Foursquare.com account
- Search for venues, write venue data to NFC tag
- Long-click on a venue to directly checkin
- Tap a written NFC tag to automatically check in
- A beep signals the NFC checkin and a status bar notification shows up. Clicking the status bar notification links to the venue web page.
This is an experiment using NFC (Near Field Communication) and Foursquare (see foursquare.com). I am not affiliated in any kind with Foursquare.
Here's what I use it for: for frequently visited venues, I created nfc tags using this application. I put the tags (stickers, really) at the entrance door of my favorite restaurant, at the coffee machine at work or... I think you get it. Keep in mind you first need to create the venues using the foursquare app before you can search and write them to a nfc tag using this app. Once you have tagged your locations, you can simply tap the tag to checkin instead of having to search for the venue, click a couple times, etc.
You need tags? Good places to buy them are tagage.net, smartcardfocus.com or nfc4me.com. I recommend to choose NFC-Forum Type 2 Tags, e.g. the Mifare Ultralight.
What's planned for the future:
- make tags read-only once written (Mifare Ultralight only)
Install our φ² Scanner on your phone!
(App requires ZXING barcode scanner.)
Scan, check-in, claim your mayorship!
Create your own barcode stickers for your favorite venues: phi2.mobilelifecentre.org