OlympiaAppen is a home for all supporters of Sweden's Olympic team, large and small, created by the Swedish Olympic Committee (SOK). Here we ring everything with an Olympic clutch.
News about the sports and athletes you are passionate about, as well as all the information you need about Olympic events and competitions.
Inspired, challenged and learning new things about and from Olympians as well as SOK's expert team in training, nutrition and performance psychology.
- News of Olympic interest
- Calendar of SOK events and Olympic events.
- Contests, quizzes and challenges.
- Unique concept for getting to know athletes
- Train with an Olympian. Take part in passports from athletes and Olympians
- Diet tips via Good Fuel.
- Recipe bank and nutrition theory for performance
- Performance psychology. Questions and answers
The basic values of the Olympic Movement are respect for each individual, friendship across all borders and striving to develop beyond their own boundaries. The basic idea is expressed in the motto "faster, higher, stronger".
Everyone can strive to be better, to learn more and to develop as a human being, even if only a few become Olympians and even fewer champions. "The important thing is not to win but to participate" refers to learning and development. Sports at all levels are an important part of building the community in our country and throughout our world. However different we are and wherever we come from, it is something to unite around and something that creates a force - together. The Olympic idea is to build a better world through sports.
The Swedish Olympic Committee is a non-profit organization that consists of the sports associations that are on the Olympic program. SOK's main task is to prepare and lead the Swedish participation in the Olympic Games with a view to competitive Olympic troops. Based on the basic values of the Olympic movement, SOK should work to:
- Create more good role models for young people
- Inspire more to develop through and within sports
- Create opportunities to develop regardless of background, gender and finances
- Spreading the Olympic values of friendship, respect and the pursuit of development