- Create list of your allergens and Food Sherlock simply tailor results to your specific conditions
- If you find a product that isn't catalogued, you can submit any information for other users to benefit from
- Get recommendations based on your allergens to discover new products
- See history of scanned products
Every 3 minutes, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the emergency department. Food Sherlock keeps you safe!
This app should be used a as a guide only, is not intended as medical advice.
E Numbers/Food Additives are used for many reasons:
- To extend the shelf life
- Protection from destruction
- Improve the taste, appearance and smell
- Create the impression of a high content of fruit, eggs, butter, natural juices, etc.
Unfortunately it is not easy at first look to determine which substance is safe and which are not. Not all E Numbers/Food Additives are dangerous; even there are some health benefits (for example vitamins). This application will help you to understand, if food additive is safe.
★What can be expected
• Application searches E Numbers/Food Additives and displays their basic properties (harmfulness, suitable for vegetarians, suitable for sensitive persons, suitability for children, the source of the substance was / was not genetically modified)
• The application is available for free and without ads (target is not profit, but protect your health)
• The application is offline (no Internet connection required to display desired information)
★What can not be expected
• The current application does not include a detailed description of E Numbers/Food Additives
Our app helps you find the answer. Try it, it's free!
This app is the perfect tool while food shopping. In a second, you can find out if they are safe for you and your family or if they are suspicious or dangerous. It also lets you know if they are suitable for vegetarians, vegans or different religious groups.
So here they are: preservatives and sweeteners, food colorings or taste enhancers, unveiled!
The app shows the ingredients' legal status in Australia and New Zealand, Europa and the United States. It allows you to quickly check on more than 500 ingredients. You can search them by E-code, by name or by alternative names.
Internet connection is NOT required to use the app.
- You can search for food additives by E-number, by name or by alternative name(s).
- Fast E-CODE Computer for easy and fast search just in codes.
- Personal rating system, if you want to put different risk in additives.
- Customized details page, you can add/remove 15 elements from details page.
- You can read the details on any additive with just one tap.
- You can filter additives based on text queries.
- The lists can be sorted by names or by E numbers.
- You can share a details page.
- It's also possible to filter additives based on risks.
- A new favorites list can be managed by user.
- The history list retains the last additives that you searched.
- You can zoom in/out the description field in details page.
- There is a “shortcut” button in the list and details pages title for easy search.
- It allows you to check whether an additive is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, children, pregnant women, people with asthma or allergic reactions, or for people from different religions.
- You can update the app anytime if you have an internet connection.
- On our information on additives page, you can leave comments with references, which will be taken into account in the future versions of the additive database.
- It allows integration with Google search widget.
- Zoom in the description field in details page can be done by scale gesture.
- Highlight description words.
Visit our site and leave us your comments, they can help us improve the app.
"Some additives have been used for centuries; for example, preserving food by pickling (with vinegar), salting, as with bacon, preserving sweets or using sulfur dioxide as in some wines. With the advent of processed foods in the second half of the 20th century, many more additives have been introduced, of both natural and artificial origin."
Some of them are harmless, many not quite healthy and several are dangerous.
There is some controversy about adverse reactions to food additives, particularly in relation to their effects on children. Many people have experienced various negative reactions to food additives. Certain groups may be more susceptible to adverse effects, such as asthma sufferers, chemically sensitive and allergic individuals or hyperactive children.
Keywords: E-numbers, E-Codes, Food Additives, Food, Diet, Health, Additives, E Numbers, E Codes.