Get real-time NOAA marine weather data directly to your Smartphone. Search for weather buoys all over America and plan your sailing/fishing/surfing expedition!
- More than 500 weather buoys available
- Search weather buoys by name, description, region, US state, or geolocation (latitude, longitude - GPS location service supported)
- Save your favorite weather buoys so that you can access them quickly
- If offline, lastly available marine observations will always be accessible for every buoy
Coverage (USA/North America): Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, Great Lakes, Gulf of Mexico, North Pacific/Hawaii, Caribbean, Gulf of Alaska, British Columbia, Nova Scotia.
Available weather data:
- Current weather conditions
- Sunrise and sunset time
- Wind direction, wind speed, wind gust
- Wave direction, wave height, wave period
- Air temperature, atmospheric pressure, dew point
- Water temperature
"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails" - Bertha Calloway
To add the widget to your homescreen you must go to the widget section of the app list. Some phones also allow you to add widgets by long-clicking on your homescreen as well.
On some phones the widget doesn't immediately show up in the widget list after installation. If it doesn't show up in the list after installation you can try waiting a while or if that doesn't work, restarting the phone. The widget should show up then.
Right now the widget only shows wave height and period. I'm planning on updating it with the option to show swell and wind data as well. I also want to show wave direction in the widget, as well as set up customizable alerts when a certain height/period is reached. Stay tuned for those updates.
If you like this app all I ask is that you give it a good rating and review. If you run into any bugs or have any features that you'd like added just send me an email and I'll do my best to get it done.
NOAA Buoy and Tide Data allows you to retrieve weather data from NOAA's National Data Buoy Center. It also provides tide predictions for the US.
The perfect tool to help plan your time on he water.
**For a map of buoys locations, go here: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
* Search for buoys by name or region.
* View buoys near you with customizable search radius.
* Use GPS or manually entered location.
* Map of buoy locations.
* Detailed live buoy data with access to location specific forecasts.
* Save your favorites for easy access.
* Quick access to buoy's website from within the application.
* Buoys sorted by proximity to your selected location.
* Tide Predictions.
* Moon phases.
Data can include wind speed, gusts, and direction as well as pressure and other relevant marine data.
If you participate in activities where marine weather is important, you need this app.
and any activity where marine weather conditions are important.
If you fish at sea like we do, this is a great app for you.
Another quality App brought to you by boaters and fisherman. We use our products everyday and listen to our customers. If you have any issues, please contact us. We will reply.
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE BUOY YOU WANT EMAIL US AND WE WILL ADD IT!
Don't forget we have a PRO version with Favorites and Tides!
The NOAA Ocean Buoys application provides users with access to live data transmitted from over 120 buoys scattered throughout North America, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean. Most buoys provide information about current wave heights, wave periods, wind speed, wind direction, air temperature, water temperature, atmospheric pressure, pressure tendency, and dew points. One of the best tools for professionals and general enthusiasts alike.
THIS APPLICATION IS PERFECT FOR:
and anyone else looking to know current conditions of the oceans and beaches near them.
Use our interactive Buoy Map to find see all available buoys, once you find the one you want - just click it and you will be sent to the buoy details page. Or Buoys can be found based on their region, buoys can also be searched for by their station Id’s or using search terms that may describe their location, ie: New Jersey.
Over 120 buoy locations available. Buoys are available in the following regions:
East Coast U.S
West Coast U.S
Gulf Coast U.S
Great Lakes U.S
For a detailed map of locations please visit: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
There are many types of data available by buoys. Different buoys may display different types of data depending upon their buoy type but may include any of the following:
Data for buoys is provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
PRESS FOR NOAA Ocean Buoys
“The official NOAA buoys are essential tools that pro surfers use, and you should too. This app is definitely a steal.”
– Surfer Magazine
"’It's actually great for figuring out what's going on when you wake up in the dark and need figure out what's going on, without leaving your bed’ […] If the surf hasn't cleaned up yet, or the swell hasn't arrived, no one wants to stumble out into a 40-degree morning […] It's also good for getting real time info to track a swell, watching the numbers rise or fall.”
– ESPN Surfing Blog
The app “processes countless data from NOAA’s buoys and displays it in an easy-to-read format on your phone.”
– Eastern Surf Magazine
★ THE BEST COVERAGE ★
Swell: The application has unparalleled real-time buoy coverage paired with NOAA WaveWatch III modelling capabilities. This means that the app can tell you the swell height for any stretch of coastline in the world. The swell modelling feature (referred to as 'Virtual Buoys' within the app) also provides a 12 hour forecast.
Tide: Gain access to tidal predictions for 7,000+ primary ports and leverage the in-built secondary port offset capability for a simple read-out of the tide times for the next 7 days, tweaked for your position in relation to the primary port.
Weather: Comprehensive 5 day weather forecasts with current wind conditions provide near-shore weather information.
★ EASY TO USE ★
Graphs are used to display complex information such as swell height, period and tide interactions. Intuitive controls with simple one-touch inputs combined with short tutorials remove the complexity of initial configuration whilst maintaining the flexibility required by the more advance user.
★ INTELLIGENCE ★
OceanLife can intelligently discover new buoys as the the data sources are modified in real-time. This means that the minute a new buoy is added or an existing one repaired, OceanLife can connect with it and start retrieving the data you need.
★ GREAT NOTIFICATIONS ★
Using 'spot preferences' defined with each spot input, the application will notify you when conditions are tending toward what you want. You'll never miss that perfect session!
★ 100% YOURS ★
Everything including notifications and automatic synchronisation schedule is up to you with no unnecessary application permissions.
OceanLife is your ocean, de-constructed.
While we are 100% confident you will enjoy OceanLife if you do have any problems then please email us and we'll provide timely assistance. Refunds are offered where required.
The widget features the following:
- 3 widget sizes, 4x1, 4x2 and 5x2
- Flip animation
- Several widget skins to choose from
- Different weather icon skins
- Different fonts for the time
- Display the next alarm, next calendar event and week number on the widget (optional)
- Several widget hotspots (most of them can be user defined to launch specific applications)
- Automatic location (from cell/wifi or GPS) or manual
- Automatic weather update interval (15 min, 30 min, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 hours) or manual
- Detailed current weather forecast display that includes the following:
- Local time (for current location)
- Sunrise and sunset time for current location
- Humidity, pressure, chance of rain, dew point, visibility, UV index and wind conditions
- Current condition, temperature, low and high temperatures
- Last weather update time
- Background according to the weather condition and day/night
- Optional display of the current moon phase
- 24 hourly weather forecast
- 24 hourly wind forecast
- 7 day future forecast
- Future forecast details (sunrise, sunset, moon phase, wind, humidity and chance of rain
- World weather: Choose to display weather information for any number of different locations worldwide
The application is localized in the following languages:
Afrikaans, العربية, български, Català, 中文（简体）, Hrvatski, Čeština, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, עברית, Magyar, Bahasa Indonesia, Italiano, 한국어, Lietuvių, Polski, Português (Brazil), Português (Portugal), Română, русский, Cyrillic, Slovenčina, Español (Spain), Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Українська, Tiếng Việt
Please report any problems, suggestions or requests via e-mail
- Ad Free
* Buoyweather Premium members can download the free app and sign in to have unlimited access to their favorite Buoyweather forecasts and charts.
* New Buoyweather users receive free 2-day forecasts and conditions for any offshore ocean point. Set favorites to have seamless access to your most used wind and swell forecasts.
* The app requires internet access and performs best with 4G or WiFi. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact GPS location or street address. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the Continental United States and Canada. Boaters within 100nm of the coastline can use AccuWeather MinuteCast to track and time storms, and select a map point to get MinuteCast for that location in addition to their current location.
• Information rich including buoy data, tides, radar, wind speed and direction, dew point, air temperature, barometric pressure, weather maps, radar, times for sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset, moon phases and transit, and sea surface temperatures.
• Tropical Maps for the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, window of movement on any named tropical system, severe weather watches and warnings, wind radius, storm surges, and storm history information.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Spain, and Japan. Additional maps showing sea surface temperatures and anomalies, and wave heights and surface winds. Wave heights and surface wind data available for every three hours through to 180 hours.
• Marine weather forecasts available for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Spain, and Australia. For the United States, Marine Weather by AccuWeather encompasses all coastal regions, including the Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Download Marine Weather by AccuWeather today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.