The categories covered by SSE News are -
SSE News also covers video news which is its specialty when compared with its counterparts.
"I love this app so much, since you know, I designed it." -Anna C.
The News App is not just another reader app. It's dead simple, with a simple philosophy: open, read.
You get around 10 news items per category. Read them, or swipe them away. Share them even, if you're into that kind of thing. But don't expect adding feeds, sections, configuration, etc. Too confusing right? Ach, we agree. So messy and annoying.
The News is also great tablet app! So fire up those tablets and enjoy one of the most polished Android news apps around.
* Scrollable home screen widget!
* Android beam support! That's right folks- don't just show your friends the news: beam it to them baby!
* Actual, real, honest tablet support. We didn't just stretch this bad boy and call it "tablet friendly". Who in their right mind would do that? everyonelese ... We designed this from the ground up for a specific tablet reading experience. With good ol' fragments and all. Portrait and landscape. Boom.
* Bezel Swipe! DID YOU HEAR THAT??? Yes, the rumours are true. The News for Android supports bezel swiping. Please, no autographs now.
Features include -
- A news summary covering stories from all sources ! Clean feed with no repeated stories. For each story - see all sources that covered it with a simple tap !
- Subscribe for push notifications for prominent stories (optional)!
- New discoveries, interviews, research results, studies and interesting talks - brought to you from the leading Youtube channels!
- Your very own news feed - choose the topics you want to follow and/or the topics you want blocked! Don't bother yourself with news that don't interest you!
- An awesome widget!
- Free built in read later - save interesting articles for later reading!
Read stories from the sections of Rappler – Nation, Newsbreak, Business, World, Entertainment, Life & Style, Technology, Sports as well as opinion through Thought Leaders and its civic engagement and citizen journalism arm, MovePH.
• Read the latest stories in the Philippines and abroad
• Read the latest from Rappler's special coverages – Project Agos, Hunger Project, Budget Watch and more.
• Breaking news notifications
• Submit stories and photos. If you have a news or story idea, you can easily let the Rappler team know about it.
• Watch Rappler shows - The Daily wRap, TechRap, Rappler Talk, and other videos on politics, technology, sports, entertainment and business.
• Vote on the mood Meter and crowdsource the mood of the day. Users are encouraged to interact with the story by voting on one of the eight moods – happy, inspired, amused, sad, annoyed, angry, afraid, and don’t care.
• Share stories with your community. Let your social network know about the issues you care about as you share articles via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and other social networking sites through the share button in the app.
• Check out the latest Pugad Baboy comic
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* The Old Reader
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.