Parking Spotter allows users to find and book free parking spaces, then drive to those reserved spaces in order to park their vehicles.
- near real-time parking spot availability status;
- parking spot reservation - you reserve a spot and other mobile app users won't be able to reserve the same spot;
- notifications in case someone without the app occupies your spot - you are redirected to a nearby free place;
- incident report - you can send a picture of an accident to the parking area security personnel;
- privacy focused - all your sensitive data stays on your phone, we do not track users and we only save the minimum required data on our servers;
- GDPR compliance - when you choose to, we will delete all your data;
- Take me to my car - it is in alpha version, will be available soon.
Permissions requirements explained:
- Camera : you have the possibility to report incidents that appear to the security guard;
- Storage : cache data, temporary save the image taken with the camera when you report an incident, etc;
- Contacts : we do not read/save your contacts, but we need to check if you have a facebook account logged in on the device or if you have no accounts setup on the phone (meaning you are running an emulator - for security reasons we need to check this);
- Phone : we check your phone status because when you are in a call the app loses internet connection and if we don't receive beacons from the app for a long time we will cancel your spot reservation - the grace period is extended when you are in a call; plus for security reasons, we need to check that the device is an actual phone, not an emulation;
- Location : our services are provided based on location;
- Other : the app needs to communicate with our servers to receive notifications and request free parking spots.