This is unlike the other calculators you will find floating around. This calculator generates actual, usable component values; values that are found in your kit. No longer will you be asked to provide a 2546.74856Ω resistor.
This calculator will also allow you to tell it which components to use, based on what you have available. Don't have a 10KΩ resistor, or a 4.7 nF capacitor? Remove it from the list and you'll never be asked to use one.
This is a brute force calculator. Meaning it calculates every possible combination and if it comes within 1% of your desired frequency it will display it as a result. If battery concerns or the speed of the results is of concern, users can opt to have the calculations done via remote server. Your custom component list is still used for this process, but results can be generated in a fraction of the time.
Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. No comment too sour!
Explanation of permissions:
Full Internet access required for-
*Remote calculation of values
Full source of version 1.7 can be found at:
Choose your LED color and you will get the resistor value to use ! EASY!
You have an LED and a Battery; you just want to know the right resistor to use, not to read a chart or textbook to learn the 101 of electronics.
This is your answer.
We all love those bright blinky LEDs, and we all know we need resistors to make sure they don’t "Explode", ha ha ha
Unfortunately, every time we go to websites to find the answer, we are forced to fill in complicated stuff about the LED that if we know, we wouldn’t be asking...
Not anymore with this app :)
PS: Give the screen a left swipe to turn off all sounds and a right swipe to turn it back on.
select the color of the 4 rings and click the R-calc.
calculate Capacitance from cap printed figures.
select the 3 figures printed on the cap and click the C-calc.
It has all the info about Cap Codes.
EIA class 2, Dielectric Code...
You'll learn a lot form it.
The PRO version of Electrodroid doesn't have any ads, and it has more features than the free version.
The app includes:
• Resistor color code decoder (3-6 bands, with inverse look-up);
• SMD Resistor Code;
• Inductor color code decoder;
• Ohm’s law calculator;
• Reactance/Resonance calculator;
• Voltage divider;
• Resistors ratio, value/series/parallel;
• Capacitor charge calculation;
• Operational amplifier;
• LED resistor calculator (with customizable database);
• Adjustable voltage regulator/LM317 calculator (with customizable values);
• Heat dissipation;
• Battery Life calculator;
• Inductor design tool;
• Voltage Drop calculator;
• PCB Trace Width calculator;
• Simple Filters calculator;
• NE555 calculator;
• Power Calculator;
• RMS Converter;
• Decibel Converter;
• Frequency Converter;
• Analog-Digital Converter;
• Y-Δ Transformation;
• Range Converter;
• Port pin-out (USB, Serial, Parallel, Ethernet, RJ, SCART, DVI, HDMI, S-Video, VGA, VESA, Display Port, FireWire, Jack, RCA, XLR/DMX, ATX Power, PC Molex, EIDE, SATA, PS/2-AT, MIDI/Game port, Apple 30-pin, PDMI, OBD-II, 25-pair phone cable color code, Color Code for Fiber Optic Cables, SD card, Raspberry Pi, LCD, GPIB/IEEE-488; ISO connector for car audio; Arduino pin-outs);
• Resources (Resistivity table; Table of standard resistors and capacitors; Capacitor marking codes; AWG and SWG Wire size; Ampacity Table; Symbols and Abbreviations; Circuit Schematic Symbols; SI Units prefixes; Battery info; Boolean logic gate and algebra Theorems; 7400 info and pinout; ASCII codes, Batteries list, 78xx IC, ChipDB IC pinouts, Switch Information, Decibel Table, PIC ICSP/AVR ISP, SMD Package Size, Radio frequencies, PT100 Conversion Table, Fuses and Automotive Fuses color code; Thermocouples color codes);
• Full support for EIA resistor series for all calculators;
...and more to come!
The app has also support for plugins to expand functionality of the application (e.g. PIC and AVR micro-controllers Database, simulators, parts search).
If you like the program, please rate it.
For FAQ and full change-log, visit http://electrodroid.it
Supports both 4 and 5 band resistors, selectable in the options menu.
The "E" family lookup utility supports E12, E24, E48, E96, and E192 families.
Keywords: calculator, resistance, ohm, ohms, color code, resistors, resistor color code calculator, resistor calculator, tool, tool of resistance, resistor tool.
* Resistance Calculator:
- 3 Band
- 4 Band (2 digits, multiplier, tolerance)
- 5 Band (3 digits, multiplier, tolerance)
- 6 Band (3 digits, multiplier, tolerance, temperature rating)
* Inductance Calculator
- 4 Band
- 5 Band
* SMD (Surface Mount) Resistance Calculator
- Normal codes (number plus multiplier)
- EIA-96 codes
* Capacitance Calculator
- 4 Band
- 5 Band
- 6 Band 'postage stamp'
* Capacitance printed calculator
- Electrolytic Capacitors
- Ceramic/ Mica/ Polyester Capacitors
If you have any suggestions for new features or spot a bug please contact me, I'd love to hear from you.
Dip Switch Calculator App -
Enables you to quickly translate binary switches, into the numeric value it represents. 10 dip switches can be enabled at once and go up to a value of 1023. These dip switches can be found everywhere in the electronics field and very heavily used in the Fire Alarm and Security Alarm field. Compatible with countless manufactures with plans of adding in a few of the odd ones.
Resistor Calculator App -
Quickly convert the colors on a resistor, to the value it represents or reverse it and easily figure out what it would be. 4, 5 or 6 band resistor available.
This is an offline collection of Axon microcontroller datasheets, for just such an emergency.
note: Several PDFs are not included with this app given their large file size, including schematics and ATmega datasheets. Direct links are provided in the Misc sections of the app for quick download.
Any comments/suggestions can be posted here: http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=15180.0
FAQ missing supplementary images
This calculator tool is targetted at the robotics engineer, helping you solve the electronics, mechanics, and programming calculations needed for your robot project. Each tool has a built in mini-tutorial.
Ohms law and watts law calculator
Resistor for LED calculator
Encoder resolution calculator
Wire thickness AWG calculator
English to metric units converter
Photoresistor optimizing calculator
Binary hex octal decimal converter
Microcontoller ADC 8bit 12bit 16bit to voltage calculator
Resistor color band calculator
Capacitor Charge Calculator
[more calcs to be occasionally added]
App written by www.societyofrobots.com, a site dedicated to free robotics education. If you need help with your project, visit the help forum at societyofrobots.com/robotforum.
KNOWN BUGS / COMING FEATURES
- data wrongly clears when rotating from portrait to landscape
- [feature request] drop-down menus for units selection
- [feature] voltage divider calculator?
- [feature] display colors for resistor calculator