** Android 4.3 and higher currently is not tested in full. **
** HTC Users, due to system file protection, S-OFF is required (can works with S-ON for new phones) **
TimeZone Fixer is a small program which updates Android timezone files to the latest version (see "What's new" section). It is useful if the time zone changed in your area, or Daylight Saving Time has been abandoned or adopted.
1.Choose and add cities you wanted, if you want to know the time, date of any city.
2.Have the function of searching for cities.
3.If you want to add new city, you can click fork to cancel the other old.
4.The clock is beautiful, display white in the day, deep blue in the night.
Galaxy Time Zone Fix allows you to disable the "Automatic Time Zone" setting and set your time zone manually. User interface is the same as Honeycomb settings, making it easy to use.
3D World Time displays the current time around the globe.
Cities are yellow if currently in daylight or blue if in the dark. The line length is proportional to the city population.
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Refreshed with Material design, a simple world clock right on your home screen exactly the way you want it.
Custom Time zone
Custom Background color
Custom label, text size and color
Set application shortcuts by tapping clock
To add this widget, simply long press on your home screen and select Simple World Clock Widget.
Comes with a handy map showing the locations of the timezones.
No need to worry about waking up your aunt in America or missing out on that online event set to start at 7PM EST. This app will give you a quick overview of the current time in the 4 commonly used timezones in America.
No need to get out your clunky world clock and having to manually set your desired location, simply open up US Timer and in a single glance get all the information you need.
This app was made on request for a Reddit user who had very few feature requests. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
The Time Zone Widget allows you to switch time zones in an easy way. Each click on the image of the widget will change the time zone to the next of a pre configured list. This is helpful in case your device is unable to automatically change time zones and you are frequently travelling between different time zones.
Place the Widget on your device's home screen. Every click on the image switches to the next configured time zone. E.g. you have chosen Europe/London and Europe/Berlin in the configuration screen, the widget will change the time zone on every image click between these two.
Looking for a version with graphics for every time zone? Have a look at the Time Zone Widget.
This application is only usable from ClockSync 1.1.6 and later, it has no launcher icon or any user interface. Don't install unless instructed to do so by ClockSync.
Based on Joda Time 2.0 library and Olson tz database this app provides up to date information on time zones, offsets and daylight time saving transition rules to ClockSync. It works as a service started on demand and queried by ClockSync.
Most Android devices have outdated 2010k version of this data used by the system. In some countries time zone offsets and daylight saving time to standard time transition rules have changed recently, it means that your phone may show incorrect time or switch to incorrect offset making you late for some important event. Russia, Belorussia and some other countries are suffering from the outdated zoneinfo on Android phones. This database is intended to solve the problem.
Since not all ClockSync users can benefit from it and because the size of the data is more than 2x times the size of ClockSync itself, I made it a separate application, keeping ClockSync distribution size small and making it possible to install the database on demand and to the SD card.
To use this database you need to enable "Offline database" option in ClockSync time zone settings and select your time zone from the suggested list of ~400 canonical time zone identifiers. When this option is enabled, ClockSync will set time zone according to the rules from the database instead of your system, it also includes transitions from daylight saving time to standard time and back if applicable for the selected time zone.
I plan to keep this database updated and synchronized with the upcoming Olson tz database releases, so that you can be sure that your device is always using up to date time zones.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail.
NOTE: may take 10-15 seconds till ClockSync recognizes that the database is installed.
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
See http://bit.ly/clocksync for more information.
Google+ Community: http://bit.ly/cs-plus
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: for compatibility with SuperSU and Superuser applications, see http://bit.ly/su-permission
*** This app does nothing on it's own. DashClock by Roman Nurik is required to use this! ***
- Added About dialog
- Released source on GitHub
- Increased icon resolution
- Fixed 'medium time' in format creator not changing anything
- Simplified time format selector
- Separate settings for each extension
- Ability to enter your own format
- Times now get updated in real time
- Using Joda-Time for better time zone calculation
- Fixed daylight savings issue
- New and many more timezone labels. As a result, you will have to reselect your timezones for each extension. Other settings should remain unchanged. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Up to 3 time zones can now be selected.
- Added "Use System Information" option in Settings. This will automatically format date and time accordingly. Enabled by default.
Definitely, Super World Clock is most useful tool that is essential in every abroad trip.
Have you ever needed to know time in different country?
Do you have coworkers or friends from another time zones?
Or maybe your children are on trip and you don't know if you can contact with them?
In every of this cases our application will help you with showing time and date in distant place.
Features and benefits:
- over 200 countries
- current time and date in selected countries and cities
- easy to use
- huge precision
- fast search by country name
- very low battery consumption
Our main goal is Your satisfaction of using our software. If you have any ideas or comments feel free to contact us! Each feedback from you is essential to us and will be taken into account in future version of this application.
This free version has advertisements and limited number of countries from which time is shown. On top of that, Internet connection is necessary to determine your time zone. For a small fee you can use adverb free version with no limit of country number. Your support will speed up developing process of this and our other apps.
BiGi Solutions Team!
Some features of the app, many others will be available with future updates:
- Dynamic user interface with hi-res graphic optimized for smartphones and tablets
- International localization that automatically adapts the GUI elements to the device language. Moreover, are also available complete translation in english, italian, spanish and chinese
- Creation of you own favourite timezones list with the ability of customizing color or description of the elements
- Search for a place by its description or keywords (try to search "Google")
- Choosing of your preferred style for your timezones list elements
- 24/12h time format
- Set an alarm for another timezone: you can set the alarm for your timezone that notify you when in an other country you have a particular time
- No limit to the number of favourite elements
- "Map" view for both smartphones (in landscape orientation) and tablets
- Full interaction with the map to quickly know the timezone of any place in the world
- Map animations
- Resizable widgets 4x1 and 4x2
- Lockscreen widget
- Add an element to your favourite list directly from the map
- Priority app updates
========== REVIEWS ===========
@ Ninja Romeo: http://www.ninjaromeo.com/timezone-android-app/
@ AppEggs.com: http://www.appeggs.com/apps/sp.android.timezone,483888/
========== F.A.Q ===========
*Q*: After I bought the pro version, I cannot see any timezone elements i've saved with the free version. How I can load in Pro version me favourite timezones list used with the Free app?
*A*: The Free and Pro TimeZone's versions are two different app and don't share neither data nor settings. This behaviour has been designed to keep the app optimized in both free and pro versions. Hence, when you install Pro version you can safetly remove the Free one without alter any data of the version you have bought. Obviously, your favourite timezones added in the free version, need to be (re)inserted in the Pro, after that all your favourite elements will be availabe also in the app widgets
*Q*: I cannot see in the widgets the changes i've made to my favourite timezone list. How I can refresh the widgets data?
*A*: You can refresh widget data in these two way: 1. Close the app (sliding TimeZone to the left or right in the recent apps list), 2. Wait for the automatic widgets refresh by the OS (every 30 min), if this is allowed by the related setting in TimeZone preferences (only from versione 1.2)
*Q*: I've a problem not listed in this FAQ, how i can solve it?
*A*: For any problem about the app experience please avoid to leave negative comments that don't help to understand and solve the issue, but, better, drop an email to the developer the will be happy to give you all the support and information you need to get a great TimeZone experience