Important: it's possible not to close the app. Just fold it. When the app feels the speed, it starts to warn about cameras itself from background.
1. This is the crowdsourcing platform with for exchanging speedcam locations among drivers from all over the world.
NOTE. The app works with any navigators. Just fold the app and open navigator. The app will still warn about camera from the background.
2. Any driver can add speedcams, which he meets, to the public database. Everyday about 50-100 cams are added by users. The app is alive.
But there is a foolproof. It's needed that 2 different phones add a camera to the data, so it be accepted by public server. If you added a camera, your phone sees it. But another drivers do not. When another driver adds exact this point to his phone, this point appears on all user's phones. Thus it protects against the emergence of accidental or erroneous points.
3. As far as cam's points are just digits, the app can accommodate billions of cameras and will not be a lot of weight at the same time.
The speedcams points are kept in the phone as GPS coordinates.
The phone knows where the user is placed via GPS. Phone knows a vector of moving. And knows coordinates of speedcams. So the app compares these data and understands when to warn about cameras (according to settings).
When user adds new speedcams and uploads them to server (by clicking upload button), all the users get these new points.
So if you live in Brazil and travel to Germany, you already have all speedcams, which Germans have added, in this app. If you live in Germany, you have all Brazilian speedcams already too. And every user from every single country already has all world's speedcams in his phone and 50-100 new everyday. Just don't forget to upload points and invite friends to fill in map of cams of your area quicker.
4. As far as any driver from any country can add cams, you don't need to install maps of certain countries separately: all 3 mln points are already in the phone.
5. Second great advantage of the app is that you don't need internet to use it. Just press "Upload data" button (in the menu) to download new points from other users and upload your points once a month and that's enough. Other similar apps need that user have internet to warn about cams, but "Speedcam: the World" needs just GPS.
NOTE: there can be a server fall from time to time. So if server connection was unsuccessful, just upload data the next day. As far as the app doesn't need Internet and all spedcams are already in your phone, you can download new points, and upload yours the next day.
6. Once you opened the app, you see a gray circle. Press on it to activate GPS.
If you are not outside, the app can not connect to sattelites.
NOTE: The app is activated only if you move quicker then 5 kmph (3 mph).
Press on it to activate GPS.
The sign'll turn green. Now the phone searches for sattelites.
When the phone connects to GPS, the sign GPS be replaced with green circle with PLUS button.
This PLUS means, that:
1. You have activated GPS.
2. The phone found sattelites.
3. You move faster then 5 kmph (3 mph).
If one of these conditions are not met, the application doesn't start to detect radars.
7. So you clicked on the cirlce and activated GPS and started to drive. Now the app can detect cameras and warns about it. You see green plus on the screen.
What plus means? It means, that you can add new cameras when you pass by them, clicking at plus. If the map of radars is not filled in your area enough, you can locate speedcams and add them to the data yourself. When you see camera oncoming to you, just click the plus.
You can add only cameras which fix your direction, not an opposite direction.
There's way more useful info. READ FULL INSTRUCTION: http://globalappsr.blogspot.com/2016/07/speedcam-world-detailed-instruction.html