Chicago is the city that works on multiple levels. From great food to an endless array of live performances to the gorgeous and gritty architecture, the Windy is a diverse, four season city. With over 70 well-defined neighborhoods, Chicago Travel Guide for Insiders simplifies this complex metropolis and dishes on the most defining destinations.
This navigational app is a selective collection of content organized by neighborhood. Each entry is based on quality, consistency, history, and level of good vibes. Updates will bring new destinations, more images, and expanded neighborhoods. You can think of this as a living app: as we explore, we share.
★ About the Author ★
Midwest Vignettes was founded as an outlet to share explorations by resident scout, Stephanie. A Chicagoland native and proud Midwesterner, Steph grew up with a distant Sears Tower in her kitchen window longing for those city-slicking days.
Now as a creative professional with eight years in the city limits, including residencies in Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Ravenswood, and Noble Square, she has paid her dues and is packaging her wisdom in navigational form.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
The app enables you to access movies, music, a trip map, destination guides as well as digital newspapers and magazines, helping make your stay experience seem shorter.
Here’s how to use “BLUE” on board:
1. Activate your smartphone or tablet.
2. Activate your Wi-Fi and and connect it to the existing wireless network.
3. Launch the “BLUE” app.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Chicago is a huge vibrant city and sprawling metropolitan area. It is the home of the blues and the truth of jazz, the heart of comedy and the first builder of the skyscraper. Here, the age of railroads found its center, and airplanes followed. It is one of the world's great cities, and yet the metropolitan luxuries of theater, shopping, and fine dining have barely put a dent in real Midwestern friendliness. It's a city with a swagger, but without the surliness or even the fake smiles that can be found in other cities.
As the hub of the Midwest, Chicago is easy to find —its picturesque skyline calls across the waters of huge Lake Michigan, a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art, and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
To further increase usability Chicago Crime Map also has multiple overlay maps available for viewing. Based only upon the information provided by the city of Chicago crime database, an attempted statistical analysis (or algorithm) was developed into the default map view. Within this default map, areas of historically high crime verses the areas of historically low crime can be easily differentiated by their respective color. This algorithm calculates a crime rating for each 1,000 meter square and assigns a color solely based on the Chicago crime data. The crime rating is assigned by statistical data comparison; essentially, each 1,000 meter square is compared to all the other squares on the map. In other views a user can change their map based on a specific type of crime: assault, battery, burglary, criminal damage, homicide, narcotics, prostitution, robbery, sexual assault, vehicle theft, and violent.
This application uses the Crime Data provided by the city of Chicago as the sole foundation for the data presented. The city of Chicago does not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of the Crime Data provided and thus neither do the developers of the Chicago Crime Map application. The developers of this application shall have zero liability for the use of or results derived from the use of the Chicago Crime Map application. When using the Chicago Crime Map application, the user should remember that the crime data provided by the city of Chicago only includes reported crimes. The Chicago Crime Map application does not guarantee “safe” and “unsafe” areas. The use of the Chicago Crime Map application indicates the user’s unconditional acceptance of all risks associated with the use of the Chicago Crime Map application.
The Chicago Crime Map application is provided as is and does not include any warranty of any kind. The risk of using the application in terms of quality and performance is with the user.
Museums In Chicago isnt just a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. U get useful info like:
Works w/Samsung Galaxy Tab!
-choose by category
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
-Show museums on map
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
Features of Triposo’s guide to Chicago:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
- Art and Culture,
- Social Media,
- Sports Events,
- Food Events,
- Digital Art,
- Marathons, Triathlons and Obstacle Races
Select and follow your favorite events on Twitter with #hashtags already included, share using Facebook, Google+ Email, SMS so your friends get on the action, too.
- Search for Attractions, Dining, Entertainment and more
- Access contact information maps for specific businesses
- Discover things to do near your location
- Get great deals
- Find events happening all around the city
- Get the latest Chicago weather
- Create a list of favorites to keep track of the places you most want to see
- Access Choose Chicago’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts to get even more info on what’s happening during your visit
Using this app, you can specify upfront how you want to travel (which the MegaBus website doesn't allow you to do).
You can also search for all tickets from a whole range of dates. This is particularly useful for train searches which can have quite limited availability.
NOTE: This app can't be used to buy MegaBus/MegaTrain tickets - you have to go to the website for that. This app is for searching ONLY.
Please email me if you're having any problems and I'll try to get them fixed quickly.
mega megasearch megasearcher search searcher
In this app, you’ll get handy lists of the latest restaurants, bars, dishes, and drinks, organized by category. You’ll also get Dish, the dining department’s weekly bulletin about openings and closings, chefs on the move, and other restaurant news, plus an updated feed of the photo blog edited by Chicago magazine’s dining editor, Penny Pollack, who religiously documents plates from her research meals around town. It’s never been easier to access Chicago magazine’s reporting and intelligence about the city’s fast-paced dining scene—whenever and wherever you need it.
About Chicago magazine:
Founded in 1970, Chicago magazine is the voice of the greatest American city: a fascinating and complex place brimming with passion, innovation, and many of the top restaurants the world has to offer. We spur intelligent conversation about the city’s influencers, zeitgeist-defining trends, and civic controversies through award-winning, in-depth journalism. Just as important, we help our readers live better by producing the Chicago area’s most authoritative coverage of the best in food, art, fashion, and urban life. Always insightful, at times provocative, Chicago magazine is as dynamic as the city that inspires it.
• Arrivals and Departures information for Chicago O'Hare Airport
• This app has been translated to many languages (French, Japanese, Italian, German, Chinese, Spanish and many more)
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Map showing your current location within the airport
• Detailed map also shows location of gates, bars, cafes, rest rooms etc.
• Details of ground transportation from the airport (taxi, bus, train etc)
• Local hotel information
• 5 Day local weather forecast
Other airport apps available are JFK, Boston Logan, Denver Airport, LAX, San Francisco Airport
This is very useful for those who live in Chicago and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (NBC, Chicago Tribute, Chicago Mag, Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, csn Chicago, chicago sun-times)
- City Map with top attractions
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Chicago
- Public Transport (CTA, Amtrack, Subway)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info
We not affiliated with the of the news providers shown within this application.
© 2011 FF labs. All trademarks and copyrights used here are the property of their respective entites.
All rights reserved.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
The Chicago City Guide turns the mysteriously windy city of Chicago into a land of knowledge, inspiration, history and tips.
With the Chicago City Guide, you'll find all the nooks and hot spots in Chicago.
Here's a little taste of what you'll get:
Local news about Chicago
Amazing pictures of Chicago
Restaurants and buzzing hot-spots in the city
A guide to the city of Chicago
And soon, a thriving community of local Chicagonians!
Get this thing while it's free and hot
Grab your FREE copy of the Chicago City Guide today!