Maplets compliments Google Maps with 10,000 offline maps in the US and worldwide including Yosemite, New York Subway, London Tube, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, State Parks, and more!
You can download and store maps of national parks, state parks, metro, subway, bike maps, ski resorts, college campuses, zoos, theme parks and more!
Please visit http://www.mobilemaplets.com/places to see a list of all available maps. Here are some examples:
NATIONAL and STATE PARKS:
1000+ National and State Parks, including:
➔ Yosemite National Park
➔ Yellowstone National Park
➔ Grand Canyon National Park
... in fact, ALL the US National Parks, National Monuments, National Seashores are available
➔ State Parks in every state
➔ Local parks such as Central Park, Prospect Park, Griffith Park …
METRO and TRANSIT MAPS:
300+ Metro, Subway, Bus and Train system maps
➔ New York City Subway
➔ London Tube Map
➔ Paris Metro
➔ Washington Metro
➔ San Francisco Muni
… and many more!
BIKE TRAILS MAPS:
500+ maps for bike routes, rail trails, ATV, OHV or snowmobiling, including:
➔ San Francisco Bike Map
➔ Portland Bike Maps
➔ St Louis Bike Map
➔ Washington DC Bike Map
➔ Many rail trail maps
… and much more!
And then there are SKI RESORTS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, ZOOS, THEME PARKS … There are just too many maps to list!
F E A T U R E S
✔ Every map download is free, with a continually updated source of maps.
✔ Fast Display – Much faster than viewing the equivalent PDFs
✔ Once maps are downloaded, they are stored on the device for quick access even if you have slow or no internet connection at the location.
✔ GPS location for supported maps (see website for complete list)
✔ The app remembers the last map you used and what you were looking at
✔ Notification of new map updates
✔ Hotlinks to get up-to-date information such as weather, snow report. Requires live internet connection.
S U P P O R T
If you'd like to see a park or place near you use Maplets, feel free to suggest it to us and we'll do our best to add it. Map requests are subject to availability of the particular map.
If you are an institution wishing to publish your map on our system, please contact us at email@example.com
For reporting bug, missing map information or feedback, please visit:
This is the mappa map for Chicago the third most populous city in the United States (USA).
Districts of Chicago: Downtown (The Loop, Near North, Near South); North Side (Lakeview, Boystown, Lincoln Park, Old Town); South Side (Hyde Park, Bronzeville, Bridgeport-Chinatown, Chatham-South Shore); West Side (Wicker Park, Logan Square, Greektown, Pilsen); Far North Side (Uptown, Lincoln Square, Rogers Park); Far West Side (Little Village, Garfield Park, Humboldt Park, Austin); Southwest Side (Back of the Yards, Marquette Park, Midway); Far Northwest Side (Avondale, Irving Park, Portage Park, Jefferson Park); Far Southeast Side (Historic Pullman, East Side, South Chicago, Hegewisch) and Far Southwest Side (Beverly, Mount Greenwood).
The offline mappa map for Chicago covers, trains, Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), buses, Metra and the waterways.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Chicago, America:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Chicago now!
This "critical guide" steers you to dozens of the city's landmarks and hidden jewels with the outspoken commentary of Edward Keegan, an award-winning observer and participant in the local scene for a quarter century. Whether you're looking for directions around town to the major sites or just scrolling to add to your knowledge of this city's seminal designs, "Chicago Architecture: A Critical Guide by Edward Keegan" will instruct and entertain.
★ About the Author ★
Chicago architect Edward Keegan complements his independent practice by writing, broadcasting, and teaching on architectural subjects. He has been an outspoken architectural critic and strong advocate of the city’s unique architectural legacy for more than two decades. Mr. Keegan has written for Architect, Architectural Lighting, Architecture, Architectural Record, Chicago Architect, Metropolis, Modernism, Interior Design, Chicago, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Crain’s Chicago Business, and Inland Architect.
He has regularly broadcast on Chicago Public Radio about architecture and other design topics since 1991, curated numerous exhibitions, and taught at the University of Notre Dame, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Archeworks, and Andrews University. Edward Keegan is the author of two books on Chicago’s architecture – “The Chicago Board of Trade Building” and “Chicago Architecture: 1885 to Today.”
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Quickly find all the bike racks near your location in the City of Chicago. No more wandering around looking for somewhere to park your bike, just pull up this app and see what's nearby!
Works in Chicago and the Chicago neighborhoods, sorry it does not have data on the suburbs. This app will be great for anyone that rides a bicycle in the city or is a tourist looking to see all the local tourism attractions on a bike.
You can also enter an address and see the bike racks near that address.
*The app is starting out at a discounted price so that it can get some traction. Also, because it's new I wanted to show my appreciation for early adopters. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions/issues. Remember I can't respond to comments in the review section so please contact me via email.
★ WIRED magazine’s “essential app” 2012
★ WSA-Mobile Award Winner 2012 for m-Tourism & Culture
★ WYSTC Award Winner for the best youth & student travel app 2011
☆ PREMIUM CHICAGO GUIDE
Get full access to premium content and reliable travel info for hundreds of points of interests from the tripwolf editorial team and expert travel writers from around the world.
☆ WORKS OFFLINE
Avoid roaming fees abroad: all guides, features and maps work also without Internet connection (offline maps).
☆ TRAVEL TIPS FROM THOUSANDS OF TRAVELERS
Get authentic recommendations and traveler reviews for more the best sights, restaurants, shops, nightlife spots and most exciting things to do.
☆ ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, BARS & MORE
Browse through the destinations’ most exciting locations, discover unique landmarks and benefit from local insider tips.
☆ SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
Feeling social? Write reviews of places you've discovered and share them with your friends and tripwolf’s community of thousands of worldwide globetrotters!
☆ TRIP PLANNER: CHICAGO
Plan and organize your trip, calculate the shortest route and display it on a map!
☆ AUGMENTED REALITY VIEWER
View your environment, locate sights near you and get instant access to relevant information like opening hours, price and address.
☆ TRAVEL STORIES FROM THE TRIPWOLF BLOG
Budget holidays in Japan? Where to eat in New York? India’s most haunted destination? Access genuine up-to-date information written by the tripwolf editorial team and our guest bloggers!
☆ OTHER FEATURES
✔ The Chicago premium city guide is available in2 languages: English and German, French.
✔ “You Are Here” Marker on Maps: During your holiday or vacation use the Maps with current location indicator.
✔ Registration in the tripwolf community to mark your own favorite places, upload travel photos and see tips from your friends.
✔ Sort and Filter attractions by popularity, distance, and type.
✔ Be sure to download our global app “tripwolf – Your Travel Guide” to get hundreds of additional tips for your destination and subway maps.
About tripwolf – your social travel guide
tripwolf combines travel tips from professional travel writers with a vast collection of travel information, experiences and reviews from a worldwide community of thousands of travelers like you.
Browse through more than 700 different destinations, in the form of country, region, or city guides, get expert recommendations, read travel blogs and make use of the tripwolf offline travel map. Ask our trip gurus for very specific travel advice to find your favorite spots in any city.
Plus: Import your friends through Facebook and share your travel pictures.
tripwolf’s most popular city guides:
New York City
New York City
New York City
directory,useful travel tips and food information.If you visit Chicago or live there,it will be the necessary application.
Enjoy your life in Chicago,this manual can be very helpful to you.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Chicago is a huge vibrant city and sprawling metropolitan area. It is the home of the blues and the truth of jazz, the heart of comedy and the first builder of the skyscraper. Here, the age of railroads found its center, and airplanes followed. It is one of the world's great cities, and yet the metropolitan luxuries of theater, shopping, and fine dining have barely put a dent in real Midwestern friendliness. It's a city with a swagger, but without the surliness or even the fake smiles that can be found in other cities.
As the hub of the Midwest, Chicago is easy to find —its picturesque skyline calls across the waters of huge Lake Michigan, a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art, and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
To further increase usability Chicago Crime Map also has multiple overlay maps available for viewing. Based only upon the information provided by the city of Chicago crime database, an attempted statistical analysis (or algorithm) was developed into the default map view. Within this default map, areas of historically high crime verses the areas of historically low crime can be easily differentiated by their respective color. This algorithm calculates a crime rating for each 1,000 meter square and assigns a color solely based on the Chicago crime data. The crime rating is assigned by statistical data comparison; essentially, each 1,000 meter square is compared to all the other squares on the map. In other views a user can change their map based on a specific type of crime: assault, battery, burglary, criminal damage, homicide, narcotics, prostitution, robbery, sexual assault, vehicle theft, and violent.
This application uses the Crime Data provided by the city of Chicago as the sole foundation for the data presented. The city of Chicago does not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of the Crime Data provided and thus neither do the developers of the Chicago Crime Map application. The developers of this application shall have zero liability for the use of or results derived from the use of the Chicago Crime Map application. When using the Chicago Crime Map application, the user should remember that the crime data provided by the city of Chicago only includes reported crimes. The Chicago Crime Map application does not guarantee “safe” and “unsafe” areas. The use of the Chicago Crime Map application indicates the user’s unconditional acceptance of all risks associated with the use of the Chicago Crime Map application.
The Chicago Crime Map application is provided as is and does not include any warranty of any kind. The risk of using the application in terms of quality and performance is with the user.
- Art and Culture,
- Social Media,
- Sports Events,
- Food Events,
- Digital Art,
- Marathons, Triathlons and Obstacle Races
Select and follow your favorite events on Twitter with #hashtags already included, share using Facebook, Google+ Email, SMS so your friends get on the action, too.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Chicago:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for day trip destinations.
* An offline map of the city
This is very useful for those who live in Chicago and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news (NBC, Chicago Tribute, Chicago Mag, Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, csn Chicago, chicago sun-times)
- City Map with top attractions
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Chicago
- Public Transport (CTA, Amtrack, Subway)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info
We not affiliated with the of the news providers shown within this application.
© 2011 FF labs. All trademarks and copyrights used here are the property of their respective entites.
All rights reserved.
TRACKER APP FEATURES:-
*** PLEASE SCROLL HORIZONTALLY TO VIEW PACE TAB ***
•Create groups and organize your favorite stops/routes.
•You can add bus and train stops or routes to your favorite list for quick access.
•View all stop schedules in a group simultaneously. If there is more than one train/bus stops near you, you can add bus and train stops to a group and then you can view all the arrival times in a single screen. This feature helps you get more than one train/stop arrival times at the same time.
•Search and filter by stop name or route number.
•Displays train stops in travel direction order instead of alphabetical order.
•Provides arrival time estimates in minutes, local Chicago time, distance to stop in miles or feet, travel direction, destination name, route name, vehicle number.
•Provides a functionality to display all routes at your stop and filter arrival times by train destinations.
•Provides search bus/train routes and stops option.
•Provides bus & train status and alerts (route changes, stop relocation etc)
•View nearby bus and train stops in list or map.
•View bus schedules and real times locations on the map.
* Buy Pro version to view METRA, South Shore Indiana schedules.
This app is neither made nor endorsed by the CTA.
Museums In Chicago isnt just a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. U get useful info like:
Works w/Samsung Galaxy Tab!
-choose by category
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
-Show museums on map
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
• 3 days worth of flight arrivals and flight departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Map (both Google Maps and Openstreetmap) showing your current location within the airport
• Detailed map also shows location of gates, bars, cafes, rest rooms etc.
• Airport news (via airport Twitter feed)
• General airport information (source Wikipedia)
• Book a local hotel from within the app.
• 5 Day local weather forecast
• This app has been translated to many languages (French, Japanese, Italian, German, Chinese, Spanish and many more)
Other airport apps available are JFK, Chicago O Hare, LAX, San Francisco Airport, Denver, Dallas Fort Worth, Houston, Phoenix, Newark, LaGuardia, Atlanta
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
- Search for Attractions, Dining, Entertainment and more
- Access contact information maps for specific businesses
- Discover things to do near your location
- Get great deals
- Find events happening all around the city
- Get the latest Chicago weather
- Create a list of favorites to keep track of the places you most want to see
- Access Choose Chicago’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts to get even more info on what’s happening during your visit