Urgent Contact! is an Android application that scans your incoming text messages looking for your Code Word. If someone you have identified as a VIP sends you a text message with your Code Word anywhere in the message, Urgent Contact! goes into Alert! mode to get your attention. Even if your phone is on silent or vibrate-only, it will try to get your attention with a flashing screen and a loud siren or ring tone of your choice. If your phone is off or in Airplane mode, as soon as it is turned back on, it will go into Alert! mode. This ensures that you will be notified as soon as possible that one of your VIP's is trying urgently to contact you. Your VIP does not even need to have Urgent Contact! on their phone; they only need basic text messaging to alert you when your phone is equipped with Urgent Contact!.
How it works: Once you install Urgent Contact!, you define a Code Word and share it with your VIP's. By default, this word is set to 'emergency', but you can change it to any word that is easy for you and your VIP's to remember. Next, identify your VIP's. You can select contacts from your contact list, manually type in specific phone numbers, or even enter an area code to enable an entire group of contacts. That's it - you're all set up! Now, whenever a VIP sends you a text message with your Code Word anywhere in the message, Urgent Contact! will make sure you get the message as soon as possible. To prevent unauthorized alerts, if someone knows or guesses your Code Word, but is not in your VIP list, your phone will not go into Alert! mode.
Compatible with: Almost every SMS app, WhatsApp, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Hangouts, Viber, Line, Telegram, TextSecure, Text Me!, WeChat, More coming soon!
**Please try the free version (Mumble! Basic) first to make sure that it will work with your phone/messaging app before upgrading to this FULL version. After upgrading, please uninstall the free version for best results.
Featured on: LifeHacker.com, AndroidAndMe.com, AddictiveTips.com, WonderHowTo.com, and MANY more!
* Do you hate being bothered by annoying one word answers?
* Have you ever wanted to know if a message was short and boring, or LONG AND EXCITING!!!!!
* Want to know if someone is asking you a question?
* Want to know if a message is good news, or bad news?
* Having a bad day and only want to look at your phone if you're getting a happy message?
* Wish your phone wouldn't vibrate when getting spam?
* Do you wish that you wouldn't get an annoying second buzzing from your friend fixing a typo they just sent a few seconds ago?
* Do you wish you knew if you were getting a dirty joke from your friends before pulling out your phone in the presence of others?
* Want to ignore all messages about business when you're away on holidays?
* Want to ignore all messages when you're sleeping... unless it’s an emergency?
Mumble! is a revolutionary new vibrating notification app for text messages. It's the first and only app that allows you to have a sense of the emotion, content, length, and importance of the messages you receive before reading them. This innovative idea combined with advanced algorithms makes Mumble! incredibly intelligent in order give you an unparalleled experience.
Mumble! recognizes over 100 emoticons/Emojis AND thousands of key words/acronyms/phrases, and compensates for minor spelling mistakes or excessive letter usage in order to accurately determine the meaning, category (Question, NSFW, Business, etc.), and content of the messages you receive.
• Smart and Dynamic vibration notifications based each message you receive
• Ignore annoying messages:
- Single word responses
- Typo fixing
- Duplicate messages
• Either ignore or recognize various types of message based on their context:
- Happy / Positive
- Sad / Negative
- Business / Money
- Emergency / Urgent
• Customized Filters allow you to recognize or ignore your own choice of keywords and phrases
• Smart Sleep Mode allows you to ignore all messages for a set amount of time
- With the option to still be alerted if it’s an emergency or urgent
• Highly customizable
• Very light weight (doesn’t kill your battery or slow down your phone)
• Highly compatible (Works with most SMS apps and other 3rd party apps)
• Even more features coming soon! (such as Custom Word/Phrase Filters)
• Mumble! is a vibrating notification app only and does not send or display messages. You can use it with almost any SMS app that you want and use it with most other 3rd notification apps like “Light Flow” and “Floating Notifications”!
• Has been tested to work on these SMS apps:
- Stock/Default (the one that came with your phone)
- Hangouts (JUST CONFIRMED!)
- Go SMS
- Handcent SMS
- Chomp SMS
- Textra SMS
- Hi Message
- Messaging 7
- hello sms
- Easy SMS
(Ninja SMS is currently unsupported)
What the permissions mean:
Read/receive your text messages:
All this does is let Mumble! receive and parse the messages you receive. This is an automated process so your information stays private.
Run at startup:
Allows Mumble! to automatically reboot itself when you restart your phone so that you don’t have to remember to manually launch it everytime.
Needed to control your phone’s vibrations for notifications.