-Supports multiple equations
-Renders Mandelbrot and Julia Set fractals.
-Save fractals or set fractal image as wallpaper
-Multiple color schemes
-Escape-time, Triangle Inequality Average, Curvature estimation algorithms
-Uses NDK for improved performance
To control your results, simply drag any point of the line segments.
"-" - remove point
"+" - add point from the line
"mode" - change rendering mode
"randomize" - load pre-saved / random fractal
"settings" - tools and settings
Sirius Digital - in partnership with iPhort
There are numerous fractal applications but this one has unique set of features.
Enjoy the world of fractals brought to you by our engineers.
- different fractal sets;
- multi-touch – tap-to-move, pinch-to-zoom;
- multi-tab – supports multiple fractals in different tabs;
- palette animation;
- rich palette editor for creation of your own palettes;
- configurable rendering and animation settings;
- lake effect;
- setting fractal as a wallpaper;
- save/load interesting locations or palettes;
- multiple predefined color schemes and several demo fractals;
- rendering and animation settings automatically saved and loaded for every tab.
Move around and zoom in to discover amazing patterns generated by the Mandelbrot fractal. Enjoy the wonders of chaos and math in action. Unleash your creativity with wallpaper generator.
* Create unique wallpapers and add them to your device's Gallery, so you can share them with others
* Create your own color schemes or use one of the built-in ones
* Take control over the depth of the fractal and coloring methods
* Save the coolest places you find for later
- fast rendering with support for multi-core CPUs
- built-in list of cool places to get you started with your exploration
- 3 quality modes
-- Features --
* View lots of fractal backgrounds
* Set image as wallpaper
* Save/View photos
* Share wallpapers (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Favorite backgrounds you like
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded (can be switched off in settings)
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos! (will appear in the application after approval)
-- What are fractals? --
Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or they may be nearly the same at different scales.
Fractal art is a form of algorithmic art created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, and media. Fractal art developed from the mid 1980s onwards. It is a genre of computer art and digital art which are part of new media art. The Julia set and Mandlebrot sets can be considered as icons of fractal art.
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load wallpapers. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment, or send me an email at kodlan @ gmail.com.
In case something is not working correctly please let me know, I'll be glad to fix that.
Please post comments and feedback. When posting low rating please describe what is wrong to give the possibility to fix that issue.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Backgrounds for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
-- Permissions --
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required to load wallpapers from internet
* SET_WALLPAPER - required to change wallpaper image
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - application uses SD card for background caching, that saves network bandwidth and battery.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - required for automatic check for new backgrounds/wallpapers
-- Note --
Application provides upload functionality to users, some of images are uploaded by users.
Live Demo in your Browser: http://www.infinitezoom.net
* Mind-warping never-ending zoom animations with beautifully crafted artwork.
* Customize with different color modes.
* Four free patterns included. Upgrade with additional Pattern Packs for a total choice of 19 pattern artworks.
* Ad free.
* Includes Daydream screensaver for Android 4.2+
Starting the app will show the top level Mandelbrot. Tap on the Mandelbrot to zoom into that location, keep tapping to go deeper into the fractal. if you want to zoom out again then double tap.
To view the Julia set that corresponds to the location you tapped (the centre point of the currently display Mandelbrot) then swipe left. You can now zoom in on the Julia set too, if you'd like.
Swiping right will take you back to the Mandelbrot.
There are a range of colour palettes for you to choose from. Swipe up or down to cycle through the five available colour palettes.
Imagine your face sprouting from itself ad infinitum. A fractal selfie like no other.
Step 1: Choose or take a photo.
Step 2: Draw around your head to cut it out.
Step 3: Place copies of your head on the screen. Twist, shrink, move.
Step 4: Hit the Sprout button.
Step 5: Watch the magic appear and share with friends!
Use Sproutbooth to make face fractals or recursive images from any photo, any picture.
Thanks to Techtalks.ph and Startup Weekend Cebu, where the App sprouted from.
We'd love to have your bug reports, feedback and ideas for improvement.
The most important features are:
* Interpreter for your own formulas
* * Includes macros for newton and nova-fractals
* Edit color palette
* * HSV-Editing
* * L*a*b-colors
* * Cubic-spline-interpolation
* Intuitive multitouch support
* * Moving some finger on the screen moves the pixel below it accordingly.
* * Support for up to 3 fingers
* Save images of arbitrary size (PNG)
* * Images are added to the gallery automatically
* * Images can be shared or set as wall paper.
* Bookmarks: Save your favorite spots and fractals
* Caching of values
* * Changing color palette does not require to recalculate the whole image.
* * Range of values can be normalized or set to some custom range.
* Instant previews
* Free, no advertisement
Find a manual online:
The source code is available under GPLv3:
This application is free. Upgrade to the pro version to remove adds and unlock the save feature.
Some features listed here (not all... there are too many):
-change basic parameters of Mandelbrot, Julia set, Burning ship, and Burning ship Julia set fractals
-with a few settings, some unique fractals can be derived from the basic ones
-rotate, move, zoom into 3D fractal
-draw 3D fractal using points, circles, rectangles, filled polys, or wire frame
-save/load fractal configurations (over 20 configs already built in, that you can load, and start modifying)
-app optimized to run faster on quad cores by utilizing several cores simultaneously for calculation
I wrote the app because I always loved fractals, and the images you can create with them. It's not very hard to use this app, but a word of caution: I did not use the standard Google's GUI, (created my own) so it may take a bit of getting used to.
Hope you enjoy the app... For some more screenshots, and instructions on using the app, visit:
The IFS fractal (Iterated Function System) is created through the iterated application of geometric transformations, that must be calculated by using the matrices' properties. The long and complex calculation of the matrices, with Fractal Player, is managed graphically, thus making it very convenient and faster for the user.
An important feature of the software is to generate music by fractals, using the coordinates of the points to adjust frequency(x) and duration(y) of the sounds.
- Change in graphical or numerical mode the geometric transformations and the start shape;
- Generate fractal melodies in real time;
- Draw fractals as points
- Ability to save the changes, the start figures, and the models (shape and transformations);
- Ability to save the fractal image or the point of view in JPEG format:The fractal image is saved in resolution 1080x720 (or 720x1080, it depends on the orientation of the fractal) with a centering algorithm, ad-hoc created;
- Ability to save the fractal melody using th WAVE format (PCM encoding);
- Color Scheme for the fractal images;
- internal Guide.
fractal player geometry fractal geometry geometric fractus fraction IFS ifs iterated function system iteration transformation transformations geometric transformation geometric transformations math mathematics physic physics fractal physics music fractal music fractal sound mathematic sound genetic code figure figures codes guide jpeg resolution wave wav colors color scheme schemes pictures picture model fractal model app application file manager files fractal files graphic managing graphics manage audio informatic mathmatics physics economy fractal science sciences fractal player geometry fractal geometry geometric fractus fraction IFS ifs iterated function system iteration transformation transformations geometric transformation geometric transformations math mathematics physic physics fractal physics music fractal music fractal sound mathematic sound genetic code figure figures codes guide jpeg resolution wave wav colors color scheme schemes pictures picture model fractal model app application file manager files fractal files graphic managing graphics manage audio informatic mathmatics physics economy fractal science sciences fractal player geometry fractal geometry geometric fractus fraction IFS ifs iterated function system iteration transformation transformations geometric transformation geometric transformations math mathematics physic physics fractal physics music fractal music fractal sound mathematic sound genetic code figure figures codes guide jpeg resolution wave wav colors color scheme schemes pictures picture model fractal model app application file manager files fractal files graphic managing graphics manage audio informatic mathmatics physics economy fractal science sciences
- Sending wallpapers through SMS (TXT) and MMS.
- Only HD quality.
- Save the images to your album.
- Share beautiful wallpapers with other apps and people.
This live wallpaper gives you a scrolling picture as background.
- Synchronous scrolling is only possible if your launcher supports that. (Touchwiz does not)
- If you have problems with 'permission denied' please try to use a different app to select images or email me.
- The homescreen with the flower is only an example, there are no pictures included in this app.
- Currently it is not possible to load images which are not located on the sd-card or internal memory (e.g. from picasa album). (Dropbox creates a local copy from the image)
- If the lockscreen image is not displayed you will have to set this live wallpaper as background for the lockscreen (from the system settings).
- When the wallpaper image is not loading anymore after updating the apk, please try to reinstall it.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: On some devices this permission is needed to read the images from the gallery.