-Supports multiple equations
-Renders Mandelbrot and Julia Set fractals.
-Save fractals or set fractal image as wallpaper
-Multiple color schemes
-Escape-time, Triangle Inequality Average, Curvature estimation algorithms
-Uses NDK for improved performance
To control your results, simply drag any point of the line segments.
"-" - remove point
"+" - add point from the line
"mode" - change rendering mode
"randomize" - load pre-saved / random fractal
"settings" - tools and settings
Sirius Digital - in partnership with iPhort
The most important features are:
* Interpreter for your own formulas
* * Includes macros for newton and nova-fractals
* Edit color palette
* * HSV-Editing
* * L*a*b-colors
* * Cubic-spline-interpolation
* Intuitive multitouch support
* * Moving some finger on the screen moves the pixel below it accordingly.
* * Support for up to 3 fingers
* Save images of arbitrary size (PNG)
* * Images are added to the gallery automatically
* * Images can be shared or set as wall paper.
* Bookmarks: Save your favorite spots and fractals
* Caching of values
* * Changing color palette does not require to recalculate the whole image.
* * Range of values can be normalized or set to some custom range.
* Instant previews
* Free, no advertisement
Find a manual online:
The source code is available under GPLv3:
- three way navigation - menu, navigation bar and multitouch;
- full screen picture;
- palette playng speed and direction control;
- six palettes to play;
- ability to save pictures in gallery;
- ability to restore place from gallery;
One can send picture to somebody and somebody can open picture and continue playing and serfing.
Look for a nice beach of the Big Black Ocean or a bank of a black river!
There are numerous fractal applications but this one has unique set of features.
Enjoy the world of fractals brought to you by our engineers.
- different fractal sets;
- multi-touch – tap-to-move, pinch-to-zoom;
- multi-tab – supports multiple fractals in different tabs;
- palette animation;
- rich palette editor for creation of your own palettes;
- configurable rendering and animation settings;
- lake effect;
- setting fractal as a wallpaper;
- save/load interesting locations or palettes;
- multiple predefined color schemes and several demo fractals;
- rendering and animation settings automatically saved and loaded for every tab.
Move around and zoom in to discover amazing patterns generated by the Mandelbrot fractal. Enjoy the wonders of chaos and math in action. Unleash your creativity with wallpaper generator.
* Create unique wallpapers and add them to your device's Gallery, so you can share them with others
* Create your own color schemes or use one of the built-in ones
* Take control over the depth of the fractal and coloring methods
* Save the coolest places you find for later
- fast rendering with support for multi-core CPUs
- built-in list of cool places to get you started with your exploration
- 3 quality modes
This application is free. Upgrade to the pro version to remove adds and unlock the save feature.
-- Features --
* View lots of fractal backgrounds
* Set image as wallpaper
* Save/View photos
* Share wallpapers (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Favorite backgrounds you like
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded (can be switched off in settings)
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos! (will appear in the application after approval)
-- What are fractals? --
Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or they may be nearly the same at different scales.
Fractal art is a form of algorithmic art created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, and media. Fractal art developed from the mid 1980s onwards. It is a genre of computer art and digital art which are part of new media art. The Julia set and Mandlebrot sets can be considered as icons of fractal art.
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load wallpapers. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment, or send me an email at kodlan @ gmail.com.
In case something is not working correctly please let me know, I'll be glad to fix that.
Please post comments and feedback. When posting low rating please describe what is wrong to give the possibility to fix that issue.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Backgrounds for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
-- Permissions --
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required to load wallpapers from internet
* SET_WALLPAPER - required to change wallpaper image
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - application uses SD card for background caching, that saves network bandwidth and battery.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - required for automatic check for new backgrounds/wallpapers
-- Note --
Application provides upload functionality to users, some of images are uploaded by users.
FractalFactory is a simple app that can make an infinite number of images. You can visualize details of the Mandelbrot set and make beautiful, colourful images.
Navigate the set and home in on any section. Adjust the colour settings to create new images and shapes. Double tap or pinch to zoom. Shift the image to adjust.
Save the images in a range of sizes and formats. You can use them to make photo prints and frame them for your wall.
Share the images or the Fractal Header files so that you can reproduce the images.
This live wallpaper gives you a scrolling picture as background.
- Synchronous scrolling is only possible if your launcher supports that. (Touchwiz does not)
- If you have problems with 'permission denied' please try to use a different app to select images or email me.
- The homescreen with the flower is only an example, there are no pictures included in this app.
- Currently it is not possible to load images which are not located on the sd-card or internal memory (e.g. from picasa album). (Dropbox creates a local copy from the image)
- If the lockscreen image is not displayed you will have to set this live wallpaper as background for the lockscreen (from the system settings).
- When the wallpaper image is not loading anymore after updating the apk, please try to reinstall it.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: On some devices this permission is needed to read the images from the gallery.