For devices equipped with a barometer, this application uses the Atmospheric Pressure measured by your phone to calculate the Sea Level Adjusted Barometric Pressure at your location. Temperature and Altitude, also used in the calculation, are obtained by matching your position against weather and altitude survey databases. These values are more reliable than the values returned from your GPS chip and your phone's temperature sensor and may result in a more meaningful barometric pressure reading.
Devices without a barometric pressure sensor will show the barometric pressure at your location by using your GPS and internet connection.
★ Now includes an option that allows the application to perform behind-the-scenes atmospheric pressure monitoring with a visual representation of the pressure trends as a line graph.
★ "DS Barometer. Reliable: Works Great Under Pressure!"
Altimeter and thermometer included.
Barometer HD shows you the current barometric pressure in different units, including inHg, mmHg, hPa, atm, millibars. It also shows your altitude at STP.
This app only runs on devices with the barometric sensor, such as the Motorola Xoom and Galaxy Nexus.
Planned upcoming features include:
- Barometer Widget for the Android Desktop.
- More calibration options.
- Triggerable sound effects on major pressure changes (storm warning mode).
There are currently some issues with phone-sized screens being too small to read all of the pressure values.
TEMPERATURE, HUMIDITY AND PRESSURE ONLY WORK ON GALAXY i9505 S4! O TERMINALS WITH BAROMETER
Sensors S4 is a simple but effective application.
Use the barometer sensor to show temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure.
It also measures altitude sensors, Proximity, Magnetic Fields, Accelerometer and Brightness
We hope you find it useful, and if so, what ye tell us.
Thought for cycling, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, skiing, backcountry skiing, mountaineering.
For weather forecasts: the Barometer monitors pressure and pressure trend, view last 24 hours pressure chart.
Tired of inaccurate altitude measurements given by your GPS?
Want to see and register your vertical speed and your elevation gain?
This application leverages the barometer sensor on your device to give you two possibilities:
- during outdoor activities, use your device as an Altimeter, to monitor altitude gains and drops. You will know your current vertical velocity (meters/hour up or down). Using the TrackAnalyzer feature, you will register: total track time, max and min altitude, total positive and negative altitude gain, number of positive and negative slopes.
- if you are in a fixed place, use your device as a Barometer, monitoring changes in pressure values over time so that you can understand how the weather is going yo change. Yuo can calibrate the Barometer with the exact altitude of the place you are, so that the applcation gives you an estimate of the pressure at sea level
Beta version 1.2.0 available:
The beta version is available after joining the group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/altibaro-beta-testers
New in V2.0:
+ and - buttons to calibrate the average sea-level pressure (in hPa) of your region.
New user interface.
Uses the phone's pressure sensor: Gives instantaneous results in Imperial and SI units.
Does not rely on GPS: Saves battery life and work indoors (work wherever air is present).
Does not use Internet: Saves your data and battery life.
Uses a low pass filter to smooth results.
Does not require any permission and does not access any data on your phone.
Does not include any ads.
Works only on phones with a pressure sensor (Galaxy S3, S4, Note 1 and 2, Nexus 4, and etc).
Accuracy of the readings is affected by your location, the weather around you, and the sensor's sensitivity.
Keywords: Altimeter Barometer Altitude Elevation Pressure Sensor
Many new Android devices are now equipped with digital barometers to lower the time to first fix (TTFF) for the built-in GPS. Now you can use the data collected from that digital barometer to tell the atmospheric pressure and your current altitude using only your Android device.
Features include barometer, altimeter (supports calibration to altitude), digital barometer sensor information, and selectable pressure and altitude units.
Please email me for feature requests if you have a good idea!
Simple, light and intuitive user interface. This is free App & Ad-Free.
Following sensors are included:
★ GPS Sensor
★ Compass Sensor
★ Gyroscope Sensor
★ Light Sensor
★ Proximity Sensor
★ Magnetic Field Sensor (EMF)
★ Barometer Sensor
★ WIFI Network detector
★ Battery Meter
★ Flash Light
★ Touch Screen
★ Wireless Bluetooth detector
★ Sound meter
Sensor, Sensors, GPS, Gyroscope, Light, LUX, Acceleration, Accelerometer, Orientation, Proximity, Temperature, Magnetic Field, EMF, Pressure, barometer, WiFi analyzer, torch, flash light, battery, bluetooth, touch screen, sound meter, microphone, Android, Smart, Smartphone
*** if you like Altimeter : thank you for updating to PRO version (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ssandon.altimeterpro). ***
*** Thanks for your support ! ***
Altimeter is an analog altimeter with aviation design style : its goal is to work off-line (plane or back-country).
Here are the main features :
- 3 hands analog altimeter (Hundreds, thousands & tens of thousands).
- Sensor "Autostart" feature (see preferences).
- Automatic sensor stop on exit.
- Preferences save on exit (including calibration data).
- 2 altitudes providers : Barometric sensor(*) or GPS chip (no network).
- Robust Barometric Algorithm.
- Units are feet or meters for altitude and hPa or inHg for pressure (*).
- Displays QFE / Altitude / QNH (*).
- Altitude speech.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude or pressure (QNH) including a reset function.
- User interface in English, French, German (Thanks Peter), Italian (Thanks Cosimo !).
- Free application... no ad !
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device (tablet like Motorola Xoom, Google Nexus ics 4, Samsung Note, ...).
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. If it is not found then it switch on the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS). A message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude. For that reason, the program when used with GPS won't run indoor !
The GPS, was implemented to overcome the lack of pressure sensor on most devices.
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome !
The calibration function of the pressure sensor(*) is very simple. Just enter the current altitude reference (as with a hiking altimeter). The altitude is then automatically corrected. Of course, if the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
A calibration function with the QNH pressure has been added also. It allows the altimeter to be calibrated during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from grounded station.
Keywords: analog altimeter, barometric altimeter, QNH pressure, altitude, pilot tool, aviation goodies.
This is a simple app for measuring temperature, humidity and pressure.
The unit for the temperature can be changed between Celsius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin.
The unit for the pressure can be changed between Hectopascal and Torr.
Furthermore, the accuracy can be adjusted.
With temperature fluctuations should give the sensors a few minutes to be settling around.
And the most important:
- No unnecessary permissions required
- No advertising
The altitude shown is TRUE altitude, therefore little differences with the barometric altitude may be observed.
***** Features *****
- GPS true altitude
- Feet scale
- Meters scale
- Smooth and realistic operation
***** Instructions *****
When the app is started it shows 0 ft. Enable your device GPS. As soon as the GPS altitude is fixed it will be shown
in the altimeter. Click on the screen for toogling between feet and meters.
Inoltre potrai monitorare l'andamento delle previsioni del tempo in base alla pressione barometrica (se il tuo dispositivo ha il sensore di pressione). Tendenza nuvoloso o soleggiato ultime 12h
Con la funzione scatta foto, potrai scattare fotografie personalizzate (con l'altitutidine ed il luogo dove ti trovi), condividerle con facebook, whats up, email ecc.
Molto interessante è anche l'utilizzo del widget attivabile nella propria scherma.
- Using GPS satellites triangulation. Slow and not accurate but it works even with no internet connection
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
More from developer
Must have application for every Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note owner.
Includes beatiful widget and altimeter.
Simple and elegant with ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) look and feel.
1) Real time pressure on elegant gauge.
2) Barometric altimeter! (m, ft)
3) Pressure variometer (try it in the elevator)
4) Historical chart
5) Pressure trend and weather predictions
6) Multiple units (hPa, inHg, mmHg, psi, atm, kPa)
7) Weather alerts on notification bar
Optimized for Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note
CHECK FREE VERSION FIRST!
Please note that application requires "pressure sensor" to be present in your device (It is not required by manifest file due to testing purposes).
On devices without pressure sensor, fake values are presented and the widget won't work.
Place SyPressure widget on your home screen to enable sampling.
Please note that trends accuracy improves after several hours of sampling.
- improve predictions accuracy
- aquire pressure from network (for devices without sensor)
- coarse location and gps location detection in order to get altitude and improve predictions (as requested by some users)
Please consider to email me with problems rather than posting them in rates. This is a good practice that help developers solve problems and keep application popular.
Thank you. And have fun!
barometer, barometr, pressure, air pressure, nexus, note, s3, s III, altimeter, ICS, ice cream sandwich, android 4.0
Relaxant curves floating on screen and reacting to your touch.
Looks best on high density screens but runs smoothly also on low end devices.
Custom color settings coming soon.
How to setup Live Wallpaper:
Hold your finger down in any blank spot on the screen.
In the dialog box that appears, tap Wallpaper.
In the next dialog that appears, tap Live Wallpaper.
Pick Nexus Waves from the ones available.
nexus, ics, android 4.0, holo theme, waves, live wallpaper, playstation, ps3, floating, wave wallpaper, relax, cyanogen, cyan, curves, bezier