For devices equipped with a barometer, this application uses the Atmospheric Pressure measured by your phone to calculate the Sea Level Adjusted Barometric Pressure at your location. Temperature and Altitude, also used in the calculation, are obtained by matching your position against weather and altitude survey databases. These values are more reliable than the values returned from your GPS chip and your phone's temperature sensor and may result in a more meaningful barometric pressure reading.
Devices without a barometric pressure sensor will show the barometric pressure at your location by using your GPS and internet connection.
★ Now includes an option that allows the application to perform behind-the-scenes atmospheric pressure monitoring with a visual representation of the pressure trends as a line graph.
★ "DS Barometer. Reliable: Works Great Under Pressure!"
Altimeter and thermometer included.
Barometer HD shows you the current barometric pressure in different units, including inHg, mmHg, hPa, atm, millibars. It also shows your altitude at STP.
This app only runs on devices with the barometric sensor, such as the Motorola Xoom and Galaxy Nexus.
Planned upcoming features include:
- Barometer Widget for the Android Desktop.
- More calibration options.
- Triggerable sound effects on major pressure changes (storm warning mode).
There are currently some issues with phone-sized screens being too small to read all of the pressure values.
New in V2.0:
+ and - buttons to calibrate the average sea-level pressure (in hPa) of your region.
New user interface.
Uses the phone's pressure sensor: Gives instantaneous results in Imperial and SI units.
Does not rely on GPS: Saves battery life and work indoors (work wherever air is present).
Does not use Internet: Saves your data and battery life.
Uses a low pass filter to smooth results.
Does not require any permission and does not access any data on your phone.
Does not include any ads.
Works only on phones with a pressure sensor (Galaxy S3, S4, Note 1 and 2, Nexus 4, and etc).
Accuracy of the readings is affected by your location, the weather around you, and the sensor's sensitivity.
Keywords: Altimeter Barometer Altitude Elevation Pressure Sensor
S4 Utils is a simple but effective.
Use the barometer sensor to show temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure.
Added multitouch and proximity sensors
We hope you find it useful, and if so, what ye tell us.
Many new Android devices are now equipped with digital barometers to lower the time to first fix (TTFF) for the built-in GPS. Now you can use the data collected from that digital barometer to tell the atmospheric pressure and your current altitude using only your Android device.
Features include barometer, altimeter (supports calibration to altitude), digital barometer sensor information, and selectable pressure and altitude units.
Please email me for feature requests if you have a good idea!
Thought for cycling, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, skiing, backcountry skiing, mountaineering.
For weather forecasts: the Barometer monitors pressure and pressure trend, view last 24 hours pressure chart.
Tired of inaccurate altitude measurements given by your GPS?
Want to see and register your vertical speed and your elevation gain?
This application leverages the barometer sensor on your device to give you two possibilities:
- during outdoor activities, use your device as an Altimeter, to monitor altitude gains and drops. You will know your current vertical velocity (meters/hour up or down). Using the TrackAnalyzer feature, you will register: total track time, max and min altitude, total positive and negative altitude gain, number of positive and negative slopes.
- if you are in a fixed place, use your device as a Barometer, monitoring changes in pressure values over time so that you can understand how the weather is going yo change. Yuo can calibrate the Barometer with the exact altitude of the place you are, so that the applcation gives you an estimate of the pressure at sea level
Beta version 1.2.0 available:
The beta version is available after joining the group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/altibaro-beta-testers
Sensor Kinetics is an advanced viewer and monitor for all of the standard sensors available in your Android device. You can finally see and log the accelerometer, gyroscope or the magnetometer in real time action!
Written by one of the pioneers of the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes within the modern smartphone, it provides a comprehensive look at the total dynamics of the combined operations of all the sensors.
The app demonstrates the use of the accelerometer, gyroscope and the rotation sensor to control a tilt based view navigation like the RotoView technology by INNOVENTIONS. It also demonstrates the operation of the magnetic sensor, the linear acceleration sensor and the gravity sensor within special graphical displays.
Use Sensor Kinetics to monitor and understand the behavior of the sensors while you change the delay setting or activate/deactivate specific sensors. Each sensor is attached to a sophisticated chart viewer. If you need to save or share sensor charts, please purchase the companion Sensor Kinetics Pro.
For educational users, the app includes comprehensive help files which provide physics students with hands-on knowledge of how these sensors interact with smartphones and suggest numerous experiments you can perform on your phone or tablet.
Who Should Use Sensor Kinetics?
Developers, students, hobbyists, technicians, engineers... anyone who's curious about what lies "under the hood" of their mobile device!
Test your Android phone or tablet: Sensor Kinetics allows you to test all of the sensors on your device. For example, you can quickly determine if your Android device has a gyroscope sensor and how fast it's operating. The numerous chart viewers allow you to measure any sensor over time and gauge their accuracy and behavior.
Educational: Sensor Kinetics demonstrates the physics of gravity, acceleration, rotation, magnetism and more as these forces are measured by your phone or tablet. The app includes comprehensive help files with easy to understand information and experiments you can perform with the sensors.
App Developers: View in detail the behavior of the sensors used in your apps. Compare the performance of advanced sensors like gyroscope, linear acceleration sensor and the rotation sensor.
This app relates to gyroscope and accelerometer data logging, magnetometer, smart scroll, science, physics, tilt measure, pressure sensor, relative humidity sensor, light sensor, linear acceleration, temperature sensor, proximity sensor, gravity sensor, MEMS, kinetics
This is a simple app for measuring temperature, humidity and pressure.
The unit for the temperature can be changed between Celsius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin.
The unit for the pressure can be changed between Hectopascal and Torr.
Furthermore, the accuracy can be adjusted.
With temperature fluctuations should give the sensors a few minutes to be settling around.
And the most important:
- No unnecessary permissions required
- No advertising
Simple, light and intuitive user interface. This is free App & Ad-Free.
Following sensors are included:
★ GPS Sensor
★ Compass Sensor
★ Gyroscope Sensor
★ Light Sensor
★ Proximity Sensor
★ Magnetic Field Sensor (EMF)
★ Barometer Sensor
★ WIFI Network detector
★ Battery Meter
★ Flash Light
★ Touch Screen
★ Wireless Bluetooth detector
★ Sound meter
Sensor, Sensors, GPS, Gyroscope, Light, LUX, Acceleration, Accelerometer, Orientation, Proximity, Temperature, Magnetic Field, EMF, Pressure, barometer, WiFi analyzer, torch, flash light, battery, bluetooth, touch screen, sound meter, microphone, Android, Smart, Smartphone
** If you get error -24 on update, please uninstall and reinstall to fix it **
AndroSensor supports all the sensors an android device can have and it will tell you which of them are not supported by your hardware.
View in a single screen the data from all device's sensors in real time. Graphical and text output available for each sensor (graphs are not available for proximity, location and battery info).
- location, location provider, accuracy, altitude, speed and GPS NMEA data.
- Google maps to show the above info. Tapping on your location shows your address, postal code and location accuracy (if available)
- accelerometer readings, (incl. linear acceleration and gravity sensors)
- gyroscope readings,
- light sensor value,
- ambient magnetic field values,
- device orientation
- proximity sensor readings
- pressure sensor (barometer)
- relative humidity sensor
- temperature readings
- battery status, voltage, temperature and health
- sound level meter (decibel)
- If your device supports it, next to the sensor's name, you will see how much power the sensor consumes per hour in mA.
AndroSensor also allows you to record everything from your sensors into a CSV file.
To start recording sensor data, just swipe your finger to the right to reveal AndroSensor QuickBar and tap the record button (see screenshots)
--- Features ---
Press MENU to toggle settings, determine which sensors you wish to monitor, see device info, system log file or the list of sensors that are unavailable for your device.
Swipe right to open the AndroSensor Quickbar and take a snapshot, start recording sensor data, or just toggle font size and decimal points.
- Device info gathers as much as it can and prints it out in a simple and easy-to-read view. Mobile signal strength, wifi info, CPU architecture, available and total RAM, internal and external memory, display metrics, OpenGLES version and kernel version are a small part of the information displayed. Clicking on a line copies it's content to clipboard. A multitouch test is also available.
- AndroSensor's "Device Log viewer" is available as a patch in the market (search for "AndroSensor Log").
- Graphs: You may choose how you want values to be displayed, via real-time charts or the good-old text layout. You may switch between graph and text output for each sensor by tapping on the sensor image on the left side. Sensors that have available graphs are distinct by the icon in the top left of the sensor specific section. Graphs are not available for Location, Proximity and Battery info.
- Apps2SD, tablets, ICS and JB supported.
- 19 Languages supported: English, Greek, Italian, Russian, Spanish, French, German, Hungarian, Portuguese, Romanian, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish, Turkish, Korean, Czech, Polish, Vietnamese, Ukrainian
--- Important Notes ---
** All permissions required by the app are explained in app's website along with a detailed changelog. Also visit the website for an explanation about the sensors and a few more clarifications.
* NO KIND OF DATA is collected. Network permission is required only for the network location service, for the google altitude API and for the ads.
* No spam, only banner ads inside the app (by AdMob).
* Automatic email sending is in beta. File size limit is 9 MB. If the sending fails for any reason, it will not be retried. All emails are send from address "firstname.lastname@example.org", so make sure that it doesn't go in your spam folder.
* Bugs will be fixed ASAP if you report them.
* Please be encouraged to email me at email@example.com if you wish to report a bug, suggest an improvement, request a translation to be added or if you just have a question about the app.
*Google only allows publishers from certain countries to publish paid apps. If you wish to remove the ads from AndroSensor, please check the app's website or contact me.
*** Thank you! ***
The observed value altitude can be calibrated, when the elevation at a location is already known. The approximate ground level elevation of where you are can be got from Google Maps.
Since the barometric pressure varies with the weather, this application may not give accurate results over a long period of time (say several hours), but the relative altitude/elevation is quite accurate for periods of ten's of minutes to less than an hour.
The rate of change of altitude is computed, which is useful to see how fast an elevator goes, or perhaps for skydivers, paragliders or birds.
Important note on Data Recording: Since the Android O/S is not meant to support an App running continuously as a background process, the only reliable way to continuously record data with this app, is to ensure that it is always a foreground process.
Keywords: Barometer Altimeter Altitude Elevation Pressure
More from developer
Must have application for every Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note owner.
Includes beatiful widget and altimeter.
Simple and elegant with ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) look and feel.
1) Real time pressure on elegant gauge.
2) Barometric altimeter! (m, ft)
3) Pressure variometer (try it in the elevator)
4) Historical chart
5) Pressure trend and weather predictions
6) Multiple units (hPa, inHg, mmHg, psi, atm, kPa)
7) Weather alerts on notification bar
Optimized for Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus and Galaxy Note
CHECK FREE VERSION FIRST!
Please note that application requires "pressure sensor" to be present in your device (It is not required by manifest file due to testing purposes).
On devices without pressure sensor, fake values are presented and the widget won't work.
Place SyPressure widget on your home screen to enable sampling.
Please note that trends accuracy improves after several hours of sampling.
- improve predictions accuracy
- aquire pressure from network (for devices without sensor)
- coarse location and gps location detection in order to get altitude and improve predictions (as requested by some users)
Please consider to email me with problems rather than posting them in rates. This is a good practice that help developers solve problems and keep application popular.
Thank you. And have fun!
barometer, barometr, pressure, air pressure, nexus, note, s3, s III, altimeter, ICS, ice cream sandwich, android 4.0
Relaxant curves floating on screen and reacting to your touch.
Looks best on high density screens but runs smoothly also on low end devices.
Custom color settings coming soon.
How to setup Live Wallpaper:
Hold your finger down in any blank spot on the screen.
In the dialog box that appears, tap Wallpaper.
In the next dialog that appears, tap Live Wallpaper.
Pick Nexus Waves from the ones available.
nexus, ics, android 4.0, holo theme, waves, live wallpaper, playstation, ps3, floating, wave wallpaper, relax, cyanogen, cyan, curves, bezier