*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
Join our extensive photography community and share your knowledge with other photographers. Become completely immersed in the photography world: create a profile, share your knowledge, share your portfolio, learn from professionals and meet other like minded individuals.
We have completely redone the app from the graphics and features all the way to new content from well experienced professional photographers.
New beautiful, simplistic and stylish design
New wonderfully stimulating photos from around the world
New content on over 50 different photo scenarios from experienced professional photographers
Full community support, ability to create a profile and display your website/portfolio link, email and biography. Read others photographers tips and share your own.
A place to store you own personal notes for each scenario making it easy to find for your next shoot.
Download now to start taking better pictures than you every dreamed of!! There are over 50 different scenarios that are put into five different convenient categories for a quick easy to use reference. Each scenario includes a complete guide, from preparation, to equipment to technique. Plus as an added bonus there are hundreds of tips to help guide you to your potential and place to store your own personal notes. We have also added in our own beautiful pictures from around the world to illustrate each scenario and help motivate you towards success!
Download now and reach your potential greatness!
- Expert photo taking advice including photography tutorials
- Commnunity of Photographers including features to share tips and create profile
- DSLR camera tips, photography tutorials and more photography stuff like own personal notes
- DSLR camera tips to take better photos
- DSLR Photography tutorial on over 50 scenarios, photography tutorial to help learn new ways to take excellent photos
- Photography tutorial and community tips from user around the world
- Learn new techniques and photo ideas with our photography tutorial and DSLR camera tips
dslr camera tips
dslr ir remote
photography ligth meter
USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, Nikon D750 / Df / D600 / D610 / D800 / D810 / D4 / D4s / D7100 / D7200 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see http://heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html for more information about the desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 4.0.3+
- USB host (also called USB OTG) support (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully. You can use this app to find out whether your device has full USB OTG support: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tauruslabs.usbhostcheck
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't have USB host at all.
Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D C, 1D X, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5DS, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70
Nikon: D4, D4s, Df, D600, D610, D750, D800/D800e, D810, D810A, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D3, D3s, D3x, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000 - D3300 are not supported).
Video recording: Nikon D5100 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500 / D7000 / D7100 / D7200 / D800 / D810 / D810A / D600 / D610 / D750 / D4 / D4s, Canon 1d Mark IV / 1D X / 1D C / 5D Mark II / 5D Mark III / 5DS / 7D / 7D Mark II / 60D / 70D / 500D / 550D / 1100D / 600D / 650D / 700D / 750D / 760D / 6D / 1200D
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow to shoot in RAW format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.
You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
Instant Guide to DslrDashboard by Dmitri Popov:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
Please find the full version here:
Control your DSLR camera remotely, change settings, view the smooth LiveView, zoom and tap to have high precision focus. Perfect for night, wildlife, and studio photography.
• Shoot in RAW or jpeg, and download the full size images to view, sort, or share.
• Use the time lapse option for automated interval shooting.
• Shoot in Bulb mode
• Shoot in continuous mode
• Remote access to almost all camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, white balance, ISO, picture quality etc.) Some features only available in Paid version
• Exposure bracketing
Sample of features:
• New feature: video recording
• New feature: remote image rating and rating-based selection
• Connect dialog clearly lists available DSLR cameras
• Remote liveview
• Convenient and user friendly controls
• Double tap to touch-focus (select models)
• Focal point based focus (currently for 6D and 70D)
• Easy toggling of LiveView and preview of the last frame in LiveView
• Easy and flexible time lapse. Demo version up to 5 shots.
• Custom exposure time in bulb mode
• Fast remote image preview and flexible import options
• Remote image histogram and metadata display
• Comprehensive control and indication of camera settings (F-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO, white balance, drive mode, metering mode) Available in full version: picture style, switching between RAW and JPEG.
• A unique and convenient thumbwheel based control for F-stop and shutter speed numbers
• Clean, intuitive, and informative interface
• Ability to hide controls in order to access the clean image view (Available in Paid version)
• Rule-of-thirds grid overlay (Available in Paid version)
Supported DSLR cameras:
• Canon EOS 6D, 70D.
• Nikon D5300, D750, Nikon WU-1a adapter compatible cameras listed as supported below (D3200 is not supported at this time) .
• Canon EOS 30D, 40D, 50D, 400D, 450D, 1000D, 550D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 700D, 750D, 1100D, 1200D, 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 6D, 70D.
• Nikon D80, D90, D610, D5300, D600, D7000, D7100, D5200, D5300, D750, D800/D800e, D4, D3, D3s, D3x, D7000, D5000, D5100, D700, D300/D300s.
• Android 4.x
• If using WiFi, Nikon D5300, Canon 6D or Canon 70D, and a WiFi enabled android device.
• If using USB, any of the supported cameras, a USB OTG cable and an android device with full USB host support.
This is the Demo version. If you’re looking for a full version, please check the link above for the slingShot full version.
Google Plus community: