I wrote this program so that I could get a nice large detailed tonal histogram of my camera photos as well as images that I downloaded or store on the device. I was even able to display a histogram of an 8MB 100% quality JPEG from my 16MP camera! (with some wait time for processing of course).
The application allows you to select an image from the built-in android gallery as well as browse your device with any attached storage like a Micro SD card inserted into your phone or other device.
So now you and I can check our work afterward to make sure that the exposure is technically correct as well as check for either red, green, or blue color issues with a nice large full-screen graph of all four. Sometimes only one channel like red can be underexposed or over exposed, causing an issue with the overall photo. I use this program to check for difficult-to-spot issues like that.
I'm offering this up on the Android market to help others benefit from my efforts in solving a problem I had.
*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
● Free version available with limited output resolution and no touch-to-focus. TRY IT FIRST!
● Some options cannot be changed if you use a Scene Mode other than "Auto".
● Touch-to-focus is only supported by Android 4.0+.
● This camera app does not currently support video capture.
● Panorama mode automatically links together up to 12 photos to produce a high resolution panoramic image, providing the ability to zoom in on small details. Output panorama has the highest resolution and best quality among competitors (depends on device memory).
● Wide Shot mode automatically links together 3 photos to produce a high resolution wide image, while preserving scene geometry. The result is like taking a single shot using a wide-angle lens.
● Reduced Noise mode captures 2 photos and combines them together in order to reduce camera noise in the photo by about 30%.
● Shoot better photos with 2 different on-screen camera composition aids: grid and Fibonacci spiral.
● Real-time on-screen histogram helps you get better exposed photos.
● Ability to lock image focus by long pressing the shutter button and recompose the shot.
● Simple UI with easy access to all camera features.
● On-screen remaining photos indicator.
● Ability to configure volume buttons for zoom or photo capture.
● Save photos to internal or external storage.
● The best alternatives to Google's own Android apps - Engadget
● "what it does - it does the best" - ZDNet, 8/10
● "ProCapture's streamlined interface has an immediate appeal for us." - DPReview Connect
● "it’s the second WideShot option that makes this app a must-have." - Forbes
● "ProCapture delivers some truly excellent photographic tools." - AndroidTapp, 4.8/5
● Video review by hollywoodfrodo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f1mj5BrEWM
Please email us in case you encounter any problem.
You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
If you like this tool and want to support my work you can buy this DONATION version.
Tools available since v4.0
- DOF & Hyperfocal Distance Calculator
- Field Of View Calculator
- Exposure Reciprocation Calculator
- Flash Exposure Calculator
- Multiple Exposure Compensation
- Minimal Shutterspeed Calculator
- Bellows Extension Calculator
- Time Lapse Calculator
- Light Meter (using Camera & EXIF)
- Sunny 16 (EV) Calculator
- Blue & Golden Hour Calculator
- Moon Phase & Exposure Calculator
- Location Info
- Weather Forecast
- Color Wheel
- Color Temperature Chart
- Image Histogram Viewer
- Image EXIF Reader
- Photo Enlargement Calculator
- Sharpening Radius Estimator
- Level Indicator
- Check Lists
- Note Pad
- Grid Overlay Camera
- Gallery for Inspiration
- Web links
...and many more to come!
keywords: photography, photo, photographer, tool, tools, utility, help, documentation, calculator, calculators
More than 7 million downloads!
★★★★★ PicsPlay Pro, The Incredible Photo Editor!
PicsPlay Pro contains 200 filters and all editing features which allow you to express the best moments of your life.
Photos of your daily life and travelling can be depicted as the most memorable moment.
PicsPlay Pro is easier and more convenient than any other editors. Touch and touch! With few taps your photo will be amazingly changed. You can be a professional photographer!
• Youtube Video clip Review : http://youtu.be/2FiOPVRg00g
"It's an incredibly comprehensive picture editing tool!"
- Paul Wilks, Androidtapp.com
"if you think that your current photo-editing app isn’t enough for your needs, JellyBus Inc. has introduced a great new Android app that you might want to try out."
- Waqas Ahmed, Addictivetips.com
"Global Partners of Samsung in IFA and Photokina 2012"
[ Special Features ]
• Take a photo and Load a photo
• Undo, Redo, Reset
• Compare with an original photo anytime
• Crop, Straighten & Rotate
• Environmental Settings
• 200 Professional filters in 10 themes
Themes : Scene, HDR, Blur, ART, Vintage, Grunge, Beauty, Professional, Color Splash, Black & White
Control the opacity of filters
Favorite and History List
Get your own unique effect from unlimited combinations of filters
• Live Tilt-Shift
3 types of Blur effect - Linear, Radial, Oval
Control the blur area and watch your effect simultaneously
• Time Matrix with temporal photographic effects
Like a time machine, you can travel time with Time Matrix and apply a variety of effects according to the time you set.
• Powerful Editing Tools for both beginners & professionals
Exposure -Brightness & Contrast
Color - Hue & Saturation
White Balance - Color Temperature & Tint
Colored Curve & B&W Curve
Histogram, Smart Sharpen
• Photo Decoration
Text - More than 40 Fonts, 80 Colors & Patterns, Color Palette, 14 Styles, 32 Labels
Painting - Size Options, 32 Colors & 48 Color-Patterns, Color Palette, 30 Bokeh, 20 Roll-Stamps, Eraser
Stamp - Tens of stamps and Speech bubbles, Making a stamp with your photo
Border – 34 Border styles, Control roundness and thickness
Texture, Lomo Style Vignetting and so on.
• Photo Sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Kakaotalk, Line etc! (Official apps should be installed)
• Save in various resolutions
PicsPlay Pro allows you to save a photo in from SNS optimized sizes up to the size of 2048 px.
(The saving size can be differentiated in some Android devices.)
PicsPlay Pro is designed for everyone to use conveniently and easily.
Your precious 5 stars encourage us to develop and improve our application constantly. Thank you very much!
We are waiting for your feedback:)
Since our launch, we've received so much love and countless feedbacks from you.
Of those, we've been keeping in mind the features you've wished to see in PicsPlay Pro,
and carefully picked out the ones that would bring the greatest value to you for this update.
Thank you for the love and we hope you enjoy!
● All photographic parameters are adjustable and always at hand: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
● DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings.
● Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
● Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
● Program and Speed-priority modes.
● Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 30 seconds*.
● JPEG as well as PNG** image formats for lossless photo capturing, perfect for post-processing.
● All camera functions assignable to volume keys. You can adjust EV, ISO, color temperature and more using volume keys. Devices with hardware camera shutter key are also supported.
● EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
● Self timer for delayed shooting.
● Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus*** and infinity focus modes, plus a focus lock switch (AF-L).
● Autoexposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+.
● In background photo developing and processing allows a smooth, uninterrupted camera operation.
● Digital zoom using multitouch pinch gesture. Also shows 35mm equivalent focal length!
● The most advanced electronic viewfinder: live RGB histogram, 10 composition grid overlays and 9 crop guides available.
● Powerful organization options: different storage locations and fully customizable file names (even with variables).
● The user interface is available in more than 25 languages.
This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible.
IMPORTANT: If you find a bug using the application, PLEASE, visit the web page http://www.camerafv5.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone model name and the description of the problem, before writing a negative comment (developers cannot reply to Google Play comments). Customer satisfaction is my priority, and I will do my best to fix the issues as soon as possible!
Connect with Camera FV-5 and stay always up to the latest information about current and future development. Visit the official website http://www.camerafv5.com, be a fan of http://www.facebook.com/CameraFV5, subscribe to http://www.twitter.com/CameraFV5 or watch tutorials at http://www.youtube.com/user/camerafv5.
* Long exposures lowers picture resolution to 2 or 1 MP, depending models. The reason is explained here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#long-exposure-resolution
** Lossless PNG saving is a memory intensive operation. Some devices might need to raise the memory limit for Camera FV-5 to save PNG pictures. See the FAQ here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#png-memory
*** Touch-to-focus available for Android 4.0+ devices.
- Approximate location and precise location: only used for geotagging functionality (disabled by default, and requires manual GPS activation).
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage and take pictures and videos: required for the usual camera operation.
What our customers say:
"Outstanding! This is by far my favorite camera app" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Insane how good this app is!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Excellent !! This apps is worth 5 star and worth to buy. It so unbelievable crazy!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"The apps is great, fast, and does an excellent job. Thanks!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Excellent !!" "Bestest!" "Love it!" "Simply fantastic" and so on :) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
DSLR Camera Pro is a professional camera app designed to mimic a DSLR as good as possible. It's ergonomic, powerfull & easy to use - most settings can be reached in just one tap. No fancy filters, photo frames etc. Just pure photography - that's our motto.
Here are the major features that you get:
• two-state shutter button - press to focus, release to take a shot
• moveable viewfinder - to set focus-area anywhere you want
• live histogram
• exposure compensation
• flash mode - auto, on, off, torch
• light metering mode - matrix, center-weighted, spot
• autofocus mode - single, continuous, face-detection etc.
• white balance
• drive mode: single, burst, timer etc.
• scenes - portrait, landscape etc.
• color effects
• grids: rule of thirds, golden ratio etc.
• volume keys as shutter buttons
• front-facing camera support
Please note that many features are hardware-dependent. This means they won't be available for you if your device doesn't support them.
This app is inspired by our experience with some great photo equipment, like Nikon D90 and Canon EOS 60D, Panasonic Lumix FZ-8 or even Nokia Pro Camera.
Now available in 14 languages. NOTE: App is natively available in English, language translations provided by Google Translate.
EoP includes chapters, tools, quiz and tips – designed in a way to help amateur and budding photographers understand the elements of photography and not let the camera become a technological barrier between the cameraman and the subject. The tools and tips are always close at hand for reference. The quiz section is included to check your understanding of the photography concepts. Chapters are organized with a smooth inclination making it easy for the absolute beginner to understand the basics of photography. Starting from the very basic topics like focal length, shutter speed etc. to more advanced topics like metering, exposure triangle and flash photography. EoP is the complete reference available right at your fingertip.
Designed using special dynamic content scaling technology – it seamlessly works on different screen resolution and sizes. From phones to tablets: you will get a uniform user experience.
Stunning HD graphics on supporting devices.
Chapters-> Basics 1 is available in base version. Rest can be unlocked via in-app purchase.
• Basics 1
o DSLRs vs Others
o Focal Length
o Shutter Speed
• Basics 2
o Depth of Field
o Raw vs Jpg
• Exposure Triangle
• Camera Modes
o Shutter Priority
o Aperture Priority
o Program mode
o Full Manual
o Other modes
• Flash Photography
• EV Chart/Table
• Depth of Field and Hyperfocal distance calculator (supports custom circle of confusion)
• EV Table and Chart
• Basic interactions between light and camera parameters
Quiz (56 targeted questions in all)
• Basics 1
• Basics 2
• Advance Questions
Tips (over 30 sub-sections)
• General Tips
o When to use manual
o Low light photography
o Exposure compensation
o When to use flash
o Aerial Shots
o Culture and Traditions
• People and Portraits
o Wedding Shots
o Group Shots
o Self Portraits
o Stadium/Team sports
o Racing/Motor sports
o Extreme sports
o Indoor sports
o Forced perspective
o Star trail
o Light Art
o Zoom blur
o Miniature faking
A perfect companion to start your photography journey. Happy clicking…
Send in your comments and feedback to email@example.com and do not forget to rate the app.
Transfer, organize, sort, rate, categorize, play, pixel-peep, edit, share to social networks
RawVision lets you do all that and more in a ludic yet powerful way. You will not go to the computer anymore.
/!!! Prepare your Lightroom imports with sidecar XMP files !!!\
\!!! Plug your camera with USB !!!/
(Android 3.1+, camera in PTP/MTP mode)
This application is especially intended for Android tablets, but it will work very well with smartphones too.
Please note this is the DEMO version of RawVision. It allows to test both:
- the compatibility with your camera RAW file's format.
- the compatibility with your tab, especially mounting usb devices and SD cards.
If you photos don't work with the demo version, they won't work either with the full version.
The demo version embeds ads in order to support development.
Follow RawVision on G+ https://plus.google.com/b/115688227829924074471/115688227829924074471/posts
- RawVision supports Nikon NEF, Canon .CR2 , SONY .ARW, Pentax .PEF and .DNG and Samsung .SRW files, , Olympus .ORF, Panasonic RW2, Fujifilm's .RAF files
- opens only thumbnails for Leica M9 DNG and Nikon D100 Nef
- JPEG and PNG
- preview of .MOV files(Android>3.0).
- Transfer from: camera usb connection(MTP/PTP), usb external reader, Eye-Fi and advanced local browsing
- Bookmark your favorite locations
- Gallery display. Select a file with a click. To perform batch actions, select all the files and press the action button on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Select a rating and category in full Ssreen to help sort photos. Import to LightRoom with the XMP sidecar files.
You can also define your own category labels.
- FullScreen view
You can browse all the photos by sweeping the screen right or left. There are invisible areas on the left and right to quickly change photo.
Zoom on photos with a pinch.
Delete a photo right away
start a slideshow
Check the histogram and Exifs
Toggle the actions bar with a single tap, double tap to have the photo fit to screen
- Image editor
Edit and process your photos with the embbeded editor.
Compatible with Aviary filters.
- Import Files
You can import selected files by choosing a root folder, then a name for the new import folder - or the current date. You can also choose to rename the files and delete them after import.
Import also works directly from your camera via USB.
- Delete files
You can delete files either one a time or several in a batch by selecting them before.
- JPEG extraction
Extract a JPEG preview of the RAW files with resize and auto-rotate options.
You can extract several files in a batch.
- Share Files - "Open with..."
"Share" your files with other apps on your Android device.
Sketch an extracted preview, launch a video file, share by facebook, twitter, send by email, store on dropbox etc...
- Rename files
- Eye-Fi support
Eye-Fi needs a little configuration.
You should be able to use AP mode if you registered your device wihtin the card.(With the official app for example) - but Not tested yet
Otherwise the direct mode works great.
First connect the device to the WiFi AP (Ey-fi card in direct mode) with the wpa2 key in the Eye-Fi Center desktop app.
Then in RawVision, enter the uploadKey - please google how to get it.
Choose the destination folder and start the service.
Photos will then appear as they are sent from the camera.
Note: you cannot use Eye-Fi service while another eyefi app is running.
Is your RAW format not supported: send us samples to http://www.dropitto.me/dropyourraw (pwd: raw)
/!\ Please taken a few seconds to rate the application on the Android Market.
/!\ Don't hesitate to send comments by email, feedback is very important to improve the application's quality.
/!\ If you have question, send an email as it is not possible to reply in the comments.