If you plan to use this application, you are required to have a fully functioning MythTV Backend version v0.25 through v0.27. If you are interested in learning more about MythTV, check their web site at http://mythtv.org.
Note that in MythTV v0.27, using the Recording Rules screen will cause a crash. This is due enhancements in the MythTV Services API. The solution is available to beta testers in 1.20.x (see: Beta Testers Wanted below.)
An External Video Player is also required. We have done extensive testing with VPlayer and DicePlayer, but feel free to try any video player capable of playing HTTP Live Streams.
This application can connect to your backend while you are at home or on the go. At home, the app will scan your network for a MythTV backend and auto-configure its connection. If you want connect to the backend while away from home, check out our instructions on how to set this up at https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend/wiki/Access-MythTV-Master-Backend-via-SSH.
With this application you can access your recordings and stream them to your Android phone or tablet via MythTV HTTP Live Streaming, introduced in MythTV v0.25. You can see what is upcoming or the whole program guide as well as viewing your recording rules. You can also manage your Playback Profiles so that you can raise or lower the streaming quality of your recordings depending on the speed of your network.
MythMote is fully integrated into the application. When you use MythMote, your MythTV Frontends will be automatically discovered for you. Simply select the Frontend you are sitting in front of, and begin navigating. As an added bonus, if you receive a call while using MythMote, the Caller ID information will be displayed on the TV for you.
MythTV Android Frontend is 100% Open Source software and it is licensed under GPLv3. You can follow the progress of the application at https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend. Here you will also see an explanation of the permissions the application requires.
Want to request a feature or ran into an issue, please submit an issue on the Issues tab of our GitHub repository: https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend/issues
The application is currently in beta software. Before leaving a negative feedback, please consider opening an issue with us first so that we might address the issue directly.
Do you require assistance with the the app? The developers can be reached at the GitHub repository, or you can find us in IRC on the Freenode network in #mythtv-users.
Beta Testers Wanted! If you are interested in beta testing pre-release versions, please join the beta testers Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104432707624078706786
Translations are welcome! If you're interested in translating MythTV Android Frontend for your language, please see: https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend/wiki/_Translation-Process
The images and icons were developed by Jay Purugganan. Visit his website to see more of his great work:
You will need a working MythTV backend configured to allow remote frontends. See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfrontend for more information regarding configuration.
For best result you will also need an installed application on your phone that can play video/mpeg. MythFrontend has a experimental internal player with native ffmpeg decoding but if not activated MythFrontend will ask your Android system to play it.
The app won't be updated anymore if no major issues are found that needs to be fixed. This is due to two major reasons;
1. There is now a official MythTV Frontend for Android
2. Due to lack of DVB-S tuner card I don't currently use MythTV
If someone wants to develop it further please contact me. I could opensource it if there is enough interrest.
Important: MythTV 0.25 is required, as it uses the new Services API.
* Easy to configure, can auto discover mythtv backend.
* Can configure multiple backends (e.g. to access via ssh tunnel).
* Recordings are shown in a list, grouped by name and recording group.
* Recording details and preview are shown when a recording is selected.
* Multiple transcoding profiles (Low, Medium & High quality).
1) An external video player is currently required to play the transcoded video streams. I currently recommend vplayer or diceplayer from the Play store. The player that I used to recommend (bsplayer) no longer works.
See my blog for some in-depth testing on video players:
Big thanks to those who've contacted me and helped out with testing and debugging! I'd appreciate it if anyone who has problems contacts me, before giving the app a 1 star rating. It's impossible for me to test every combination of phone/Android version/MythTV setup.
* Fixed crash due to running out of memory with large lists of recordings
* Improved support for IPv6
* Improved error messages to give more details on why backend connections have failed
* Fixed a crash when backend doesn't respond as expected
* Added more details in error messages (backend name, ip and port)
* Tidied up backend preferences screen, so you can't enter multi-line name/ip addresses any more
Note: Most of the errors I see reported now are errors connecting to the backend. Hopefully the changes above will help people to diagnose what's wrong.
* A few bug fixes for Android 2.2 and 4
* Backend discovery should now be more reliable
* Added extra wifi permission for backend discovery on Android 4
* No longer compatible with Android 1.5 for a number of reasons
* Added option to keep or delete transcoded stream after viewing (it can be useful to keep the stream if you're going to continue watching the recording later).
* Added automatic backend discovery. Just use the "Find" button in the Backend Preferences screen
* Added input checking to backend preferences. Some people had added spaces etc. to the IP address which stopped it connecting to the backend.
* Other minor bug fixes.
This application requires a MythTV server running on your local network.
Supports MythTV backend 0.26 + 0.27
Does not support Bluray Folder structure playback.
Does not support DVD VIDEOTS folder structure playback or iso playback.
Does not support adding / modifying recording schedules
Playback is limited to what your GoogleTV device supports.
Playback features only, no LiveTV yet.
Télécommande Freebox player révolution (V6) utilisable depuis votre smartphone ou votre tablette Android (Compatible Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean). Trois écrans accessibles par défillement tactile. Accédez aux fonctions principales sur le premier écran, aux fonctions avancées sur le deuxième et aux fonctions programmées sur le troisième.
*** Pour lancer la commande vocale, il faut effectuer un son suffisamment fort au niveau du téléphone (un claquement de mains par exemple) ***
NOUVEAU: une version un écran pour une meilleure navigation sur tablette
Note: Not all Plex Players can be remotely controlled. Blu-ray players, PS3 and PS4 cannot be remotely controlled. Plex Media Center, Plex Home Theater, Plex for Android are confirmed to work.
The new trackpad allows you to keep your eyes on Plex and still not miss any buttons.
Without any need for configuration, this remote will find the Plex servers and clients for you. Forget the hassle of manual input of IP adresses and port numbers.
Automatic server/client discovery.
Trackpad to control Plex with swipe gestures.
Press and hold up/down/left/right -buttons, to scroll through the menus.
Show On Screen Display (OSD)
Toggle subtitles (on/off) (Not working with PHT)
Change subtitle language (Not working with PHT)
Change audio language (Not working with PHT)
Show codec information (Not working with PHT)
If you are having trouble getting it to work, have a look at the FAQ: http://appealingworks.wordpress.com/plex-remote-faq/
Plex Remote communicates with the Plex media server using a wireless network. Not used for advertisements.
Used to check whether a connection to a Wi-Fi network exists or not.
In the process of finding plex servers the ip address and netmask of the phone is required.
Used to detect incoming calls and pause the media, if this is activated in the settings.
NOTE: Plex Remote is a third party application, and is therefore not an official Plex remote.
It can replace your conventional remote control and offer many extra features from easy text entry to sharing media that is on your home network and much more!
Control your connected Philips Smart LED TV with one single app. The Philips MyRemote app offers all the control options of your original remote control, turning your smart device into a universal remote. Complemented with additional features like easy text entry
Now you can stream pictures, videos, and music easily from your computer, Smartphone or Tablet to your Philips Smart LED TV at a simple push of a button on the MyRemote App!
On Android Tablets, you can browse through the Electronic Program Guide, view ratings and select the channel without interrupting your current TV watching. If you find another program you would like to watch, simply select it on your Tablet and the TV will switch to that program!
The application is compatible with the following Philips products:
- Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products*.
- A selection of other Philips connected products (Streamium, Home Theatre Systems, Soundbars, Blu Ray Players)*.
* You can check the compatibility of MyRemote with your specific model at the online support page of your product at www.philips.com/support. Also ensure your product has been upgraded with the latest software.
** The screenshots are merely used to give an impression of the available features. Actual available features differ based on the connected Philips device.
TV SideView is a Remote control & TV Guide app from Sony that makes your TV viewing life more convenient.
With your mobile device, you can discover programs with the TV Guide and effortlessly control your home devices like Sony BRAVIA TV.
For existing Media Remote app users, TV SideView app will offer additional functionalities in addition to a remote control.
- Key features
1. Turn your smartphone and tablet into a multifunctional remote controller always at your side.
2. Discover other programs while watching TV with the TV Guide in your hand.
3. Easily find recommended and popular programs across TV programs and YouTube.
4. You can list TV programs currently airing with the TV program guide widget.
This app is compatible with Xperia™ devices, Samsung GALAXY devices, Google Nexus devices, and Android devices by all manufacturers, but some features may be limited depending on the model and version.
- TV SideView official site
- Compatible device list
Sony LCD TV BRAVIA
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Player
Sony Blu-ray DiscTM / Sony DVD Home Theatre System
Sony Streaming Player / Sony Network Media Player
For customers using Xperia™ Tablet with built-in universal remote control function, you will be able to use this application to select a TV program and change channels on your TV or set-top box from your mobile device.
- Additional information
1. “TV SideView” will work only if your mobile device and your home device are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Some functions and services may not be supported by certain home devices.
3. Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
4. The seamless link to services such as YouTube etc., is subject to change or termination without notice.
Breakthrough app for Samsung Galaxy S4 that’s as easy as changing a TV channel (also available for Samsung Tablets: http://alturl.com/kud3k)
Pause and play your favorite entertainment content from one app; in every room
ㆍOffers more personalized recommendations across live TV and on-demand video, in one app
ㆍAccess movie reviews, actor bios, and more
ㆍShare what you’re watching with your friends on Twitter and Facebook
watch on, samsung, tv, remote, control, vod, epg, live, second, guide, channel
*** IMPORTANT ***
Bring TV screen from Samsung Smart TV to Mobile supports:
- 2013 Samsung TV LED F4500 and above(※ F9000 and above excluded), PDP F5500 and above
- 2012 Samsung TV LED ES7500 and above, PDP E8000 and above
- 2011 Samsung TV LED D7000 and above, PDP D8000 and above
Countries and regions support:
- South Korea
Yatse is the most complete and stable XBMC remote available in Play Store and the only one with a 5 stars rating.
Take full control of your XBMC with complete library support, beautiful widgets, streaming, offline media sync, internal audio player, all optimized for phones and tablets.
◆ Voice Commands : Give orders in natural language sentences
◆ Offline Media* : Download your media to your device for offline playing
◆ Internal Audio Player* : Listen to your music on your phone (Online and Offline)
◆ Offline library : List your XBMC library everywhere
◆ Modern and intuitive Holo interface
◆ Support Multiple XBMC installation (and centralized Mysql database)
◆ XBMC Starter for Windows : Start XBMC directly from your remote
◆ Multiple Widgets included for fast remote actions, now playing details or to list recent media
◆ Full support for Media Player Classic (MPC or MPC-HC) as an external player
◆ Cloud Save : Keep your hosts and settings across devices
◆ Stream your videos to your Android devices or UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast devices*
◆ Send your Android media to your XBMC or UPnP / AirPlay / Chromecast devices*
◆ Completely configurable to make Yatse fill all your needs
* DashClock / Muzei extension
* Pvr support
* Optimized for phones and tablets. Multiple configurable views to fit your needs
* Support for playlists and files listing (XBMC Sources / Addons)
* Support all XBMC remote commands from optimized views or widgets
* Support Android notifications for currently playing media
* Support Android Lockscreen controls / widgets (ICS / JB and up)
* Quickly find your media with complete search (Includes global search)
* Sort your media as you need
* Multiple beautiful display modes for media listing
* Detailed now playing views with direct selection of Subtitles or Audio streams
* Support Android from 2.2 (Froyo) to 4.4 (Kit Kat)
* Wake on Lan (WOL) support
* Change your current Wallpaper to the currently playing media Fanart or Thumbnail
* Multiple plugins for SMS / Call, Android notifications, ...
* Send media to XBMC from YouTube or browser
* Optimized for speed even on older devices
* Optimized for very low battery usage
* Support themes*
* API to control XBMC / Yatse from other Android applications
* Translated in multiple languages
And much more, just install and try.
A complete Wiki is available on the website for help on installing and configuring Yatse, the XBMC remote and your XBMC instances.
Please use the website for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store do not allow me to gather enough information or contact you.
This free version does not contains ads. But some advanced functions (noted with an *) requires the unlocker to be used.
Please consider buying the Unlocker if you want to support the continued development of this application.
- Some features like streaming and offline sync work better with XBMC GOTHAM !
- This application only works with XBMC EDEN (11.x), FRODO (12.x) and XBMC GOTHAM (13.x) | See http://www.xbmc.org/ to download the latest version of XBMC
- The screenshots contains content © copyright Blender Foundation | www.sintel.org
- The library presented in screenshots is based on fake media and all images / posters are @ copyrighted by their respective owners
PowerDVD Remote turns your Android device into a remote control for PowerDVD. You can also use PowerDVD Remote to wirelessly send, playback and save content from your mobile device to your PC.
If you like to connect your PC up to your TV so you can watch your movies on a bigger screen, then PowerDVD Remote lets you control everything from the comfort of your couch.
Via Wi-Fi you have total control over your Blu-ray Discs, DVD titles and high-definition videos as well as the music and photo playback features in PowerDVD.
• Turn your Android device into a remote controller for PowerDVD
• Full navigation and playback control for Blu-ray Discs, DVD titles and videos
• Wirelessly play and save your mobile device’s video and photos to your PC
• Turn your mobile device into a wireless keyboard and mouse pad for your PC
• Multi-touch control to remotely rotate and zoom-in photos
Supported Android device display resolutions:
480x320, 800x480, 854x480, 960x540, 1024x600, 1280x800, 1920x1080
Requires My Media Center Services (free!) to be installed on your Windows 7 or 8 PC running Windows Media Center. Please visit http://www.CetonCorp.com/MyMediaCenter
•TV and Movie Gallery
Forget hopping around from the TV section to the movie section to your recorded shows. My Media Center lets you see an integrated view of all your shows and movies in one place.
•Manage and Schedule DVR Recordings
At work and forgot to record that show tonight? See a season premier promo that you want to record but you’re away from home on a trip? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
It’s TV search the way it should be. You probably don’t care whether your favorite show or movie is on one channel or another, in your personal library or airing later this week. We’ll help you easily find what you’re looking wherever it’s playing.
•Play To any TV Set
Browse your TV and movie libraries, select the show you want to watch, and choose the device on which you want to watch. You don’t even have to be in the same room.
•Your Mobile is the Remote
My Media Center includes full remote control capabilities for both your media center PC and any Ceton Echo extenders or Xbox 360 you have. Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, channel, volume … it’s all there in one pretty slick touchscreen view.
•Works with Any Tuner on any Windows Media Center PC!
My Media Center – The Ultimate Windows Media Center App
- "Pretty cool!" "Simple setup." "A full blown remote control that’s perfect for media center" "This is 5 bucks you should spend!" - HD Nation
"...without question a must-have app" "...greatly improves the Windows Media Center experience." – PC World
"For Windows Media Center fans searching for a good looking remote app for their mobile devices, that wait is over" - Engadget
"it is hard to think of a reason why you will not like it" - WPCentral
Full Feature List:
• Universal search across all of your content
• Manage Recorded TV
• Start Playback of Recorded TV on HTPC or Extender
• Manage Scheduled Recordings
• Manage Series Recordings
• Browse Program Grid Guide
• Tune channel on HTPC or Extender
• Use On Screen Remote Control to control HTPC or Extender
• Automatically generate local movie metadata & cover art
• Browser recorded & local movies in a beautiful gallery
• Start playback of movies on HTPC or Extender
• Browse list of movies on television tonight with cover art
• Easily browse upcoming Premieres in one nice list
• Browse recent activity on your HTPC
• Control Extenders
• Wake on LAN
• Much More
If you have any issue please contact us on our official forums: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63
*My Media Center does NOT stream recorded or live TV to your android device. My Media Center does allow you to start playback on any HTPC/Extender, schedule recordings, manage recordings, etc.
Windows Media Center, Media Center, WMC, WME, Ceton, Ceton Companion