The best-selling Wild Guide series travels to Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark to explore its incredible hidden places. Spectacular photography guides the reader to over 800 wild adventures. Including wild swimming, canoe camping, secret beaches and places to forage, eat and stay.
From the midnight sun of the Arctic Circle to the amazing beaches of Denmark, Ben Love shares 700 ideas for the perfect wild adventure:
• Wild swimming, hot springs, waterfalls and islands
• Canoe camping and secret beaches
• Ancient woodlands, summer meadows and wildlife wonders
• Northern lights, midnight sun and stunning wild camping
• Sacred stones and viking remains
• Caverns, ruins and castles
• Traditional local foods and foraging
• Forest cabins, gypsy caravans and boutique retreats
Ben Love studied Scandinavian languages at university in London and Stockholm spending his summers working as a river and canoe guide in Iceland and Sweden. He is a photographer, translator and writer specialising in Scandinavia and the outdoors. Currently researching the Swedish right to roam, he is passionate about having wild adventures with his family and embracing the concept of friluftsliv - roughly translating as 'open air life', it is the Scandinavian philosophy of having a true connectedness with the outdoor environment.