- Easy to use with very simple look and feel
- Safe for your privacy! Logs are stored only locally
- Items in the history list can easily be deleted
- Possible to even disable the history list itself
- Supports various types of linear and 2D barcodes
- Supports color-inverted QR codes
- Detects a QR code/barcode in an image shared from another app
- The scan result can be shared to another app
- Links in scanned text can be opened with relevant apps
- Opens a browser to search the web with scanned text
- Handy flashlight in the dark
QR CODE GENERATION
- Converts entered text to a QR code
- Converts text sent from another app
- Correction level can be selected
- Generated QR code can be shared to another app
Why this app is safe to use:
Is your Android device pre-installed with a QR code/barcode reader? Does it keep your privacy safe?
Open the app settings of your device or open the Play store, and try comparing the number of permissions required by this app and other similar apps. You'll realize that most of other scanner apps require a lot of permissions like:
- Find accounts on the device
- Read your contacts
- Read the contents of your shared storage
- Access precise location
This shows that such apps have free access to your private information. Your friends info or personal pics may be sent out secretly. Why is location necessary for scanning QR codes? Although it does not necessarily mean those apps are stealing your data, it is not very comfortable to keep using them.
Green QR was created initially to remove such concerns from the developer himself. It only requires the permissions of "camera" for scanning and "network access" for ads. Network access is used solely for displaying ads. This app never transfers scanned data anywhere.
* QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED for a type of matrix barcode.
This app has the following limitations:
- Unable to scan multiple QR codes / barcodes at the same time.
- Does not have the feature to save generated QR codes. *
* For your peace of mind, this app does not request the permission to access the storage, which is why generated QR codes cannot be saved. Take a screen shot instead, or use the share feature to send the code to another app.