!!! REQUIRES ROOT !!!
Various Nexus and "stock Android" devices do not automatically "mount" mass storage devices (such as USB sticks). StickMount has been made to solve this problem, and give you access to the files on your USB connected storage from all your apps.
StickMount is known to work on many devices, but is built *only* with *Nexus* devices in mind.
Once StickMount is installed and you connect a USB stick with a "USB host / OTG cable", the device will show you a popup if you want to open StickMount. It is advised to tell the device that you want to do this by default.
If you have just installed StickMount and you already had a USB stick connected, you must manually launch the program, or disconnect/reconnect the USB stick for StickMount to start working.
Mass storage devices are mounted to "/sdcard/usbStorage/xxxx/".
----- (Pro) Kill apps preventing unmount -----
Sometimes an app has a file in use located on the USB device, and won't let go of it. This can prevent StickMount from unmounting the USB device. It will seem like the device stays connected (this is harmless). StickMount Pro provides an option that attempts to kill (terminate) all the apps that are preventing the unmount from succeeding.
----- (Pro) Media scan -----
StickMount Pro supports triggering the media scanner on each (un)mount action. This will automatically make the files on your USB device available in apps like Gallery and Music. Please note that the media scanner is not a visible process on all Android devices - it might actually work silently in the background without any visual cues. It may take a minute for your files to show up, so don't panic if they don't show immediately.
Even if you have this option enabled, you can prevent folders from being scanned by placing an empty file called ".nomedia" in that folder. If you put it in the root of the USB device, the entire device will not be scanned.
----- (Pro) Mount as partition label -----
Instead of using the block device name for the partition, use the partition label as mount name, falling back to uuid or block device name if the label is unavailable.
----- (Pro) Create symbolic links -----
Create symbolic links in /mnt and /storage to the actual mounts in /sdcard/usbStorage/
----- Filesystem support -----
The filesystems supported depends on your device firmware. On most devices, at least vfat/fat/fat32 and ext2/3/4 are supported. On the latest Android versions, ntfs is also supported in read-only mode. Some devices also support exfat out the box, but most do not.
StickMount can utilize the "ntfs-3g" and "mount.exfat-fuse" binaries to add support for ntfs (untested) and exfat, but these are not included. If you place the "ntfs-3g" or "mount.exfat-fuse" files in the root of your internal storage ( /sdcard ), StickMount will automatically use them.
You can find the needed files here:
----- Troubleshooting -----
For some users, the app appears not to work, while in fact it is the device itself or the cable not working. One OTG cable is not the other OTG cable. If you have a USB stick with a light on it, it should light up when you connect it to the Galaxy Nexus using your OTG cable. If it does not, either your cable or your Nexus is faulty. 99 out of 100 times it is going to be your cable. That the cable works fine with another device does not mean anything! Cables known to work on a one devices may not work on another device.
SD card unmounting: If your SD card unmounts when unmounting a USB device, you have a bug in your kernel. This is *not* a bug in StickMount !
All the gamma interfaces are subjective to the Kernel installed if it supports them. Without a custom Kernel these functionalities will NOT work. The only part of the app that does not require any modification besides root is the Nexus 4 RGB multipliers (stock Kernel offers it by default). It does not work with any other device besides the ones mentioned above.
ONLY SUPPORTS THESE DEVICES:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Nexus 4
* Nexus 5
Every eye is different, every person has its color taste. Therefore here's the fresh new Nexus Display Control application that lets you tune your display to achieve the best result for the best user experience. You'll be able to change the Red, Green and Blue values that are used together to calibrate your screen.
The changes are automatically set on boot so you won't need to re-set them every time you reboot or shutdown your device.
If you hit a bug or something you don't like, please, before leaving 1 star ratings email me: email@example.com. I can't reply to Market reviews/comments so emailing me will be the best option.
Permissions: INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE are for licensing purposes.
Icon and banner courtesy of http://www.johnxde.com/ # https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=giannisgx89
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
With this app, you can control the shutter of your smartphone camera from a distance of up to 10 meters. When you want to get in the picture, set up the smartphone camera, place yourself in view and tap the shutter icon in your SmartWatch display or tap your SmartBand™ or SmartBand™ Talk to get in the picture.
You can also adjust basic camera settings in your SmartWatch such as flash and zoom. If you have the Smart Imaging Stand from Sony, you can use this app to steer the imaging stand from your SmartWatch.
To use this app extension, you must have Smart Connect and the dedicated Sony app for your smart accessory installed on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Note: When you have installed this app, it will be activated automatically in your smart accessory. It will not appear in your application or home screen. Open the application settings via Smart Connect or via the phone or tablet status bar.
Works with: SmartWatch MN2, SmartWatch 2 SW2, SmartBand SWR10 and Smart Band Talk SWR30.
If you want to develop apps or app extensions for innovative Sony accessories, go to http://www.sonymobile.com/developer.
Android apps and app extensions by Sony are designed to work with Android smartphones and tablets. However, some manufacturers may have set compatibility limitations in their devices resulting in decreased functionality.
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
Smart Connect extension for SmartBand
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart Connect extension for Smart Imaging Stand
Smart Connect extension for SmartBand Talk
This is a boot animation installer app for my Nexus BIOS boot animation.
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (both versions), and Nexus 10 are supported.
The difference between models in this app are purely cosmetic. Any animation will work on any device of matching resolution, so it doesn't matter if you install the D821/16GB animation on a D820/32GB. The only thing wrong will be inaccurate information displayed in the boot animation.
Root is required.
Please e-mail me with issues before leaving a bad review.
Also includes the new STOPWATCH , TIMER, ALERM CLOCK
New Design, new Android KITKAT, new Nexus 5.
- Digital & analog clock
- Customizable digital/analog widget
- Countdown timer
- Lock-screen widgets
- Night mode
We are working on improving the compatibility.
KW: Nexus Clock, Nexus clock, Android 4.4, KitKat
Clean and tidy, made with Jelly Bean code and translated into over 40 languages, this will work when others do not - no permissions required!
This app will launch your built-in camera function, and will not leave "phantom" apps in your recent history or cause other problems like other launchers.
Extra features like HDR and 720p video recording are available IF SUPPORTED BY YOUR ROM.
WARNING: this app can unlock features like Panorama that MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE.
Let me know what your device is and if it works on your ROM!
Google Nexus 7 Camera Launcher
With a FAT32 filesystem, you can copy files to any USB mass storage device and manage your files on it (edit filenames, add directories, delete files) too.
You can also manage your files in the internal memory of your device.
This application has been designed for Nexus products which have an USB "OnTheGo" port, as the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, and the brand new Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. But it could work on any device with an USB OTG port Under Android 4.0 or later, including the last Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Root privileges are NOT necessary!
For now, FAT32 filesystem is supported for data read and write, and NTFS filesystem is only supported for data read. You can use USB sticks or SD card readers with any compatible USB OTG cable.
*** NEW FEATURE ***
You can now play playlists (m3u and m3u8 files) and multiple audio files (mp3, aac, m4a, flac, ogg and wav files) at the same time from your USB OTG mass storage device. For that, you need to install my new app Simple Music Player which exists in two versions:
- Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kyuudroid.simplemusicplayer.free
- Paid version to support my developments and get some additional features in the future:
Once Simple Music Player is installed, select the files you want to play on your USB device, push the open button and select the Simple Music Player app.
This is a brand new feature, so if you have any issue, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail! Your feedback would be appreciated too.
*** FEATURES ***
Nexus USB OTG File Manager allows you to open your files directly from your USB device! You just need to have an app that can handle it. For audio and video, I advise you to use VLC.
The new Network Access authorization is only here for local use to be able to open the files. The app NEVER send or receive data to/from Internet.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager supports devices with multiple logical units (like a GPS with an internal memory and an additional SD card) and allows you to choose which logical unit you want to read.
Nexus USB OTG File Manager now includes an "Advanced Mode" which allows you to access to all the files of your device. You can now create files and directories outside of the official Android public directories. This is for advanced users only!
Before buying this application, please try the free trial version named Nexus USB OTG FileManagerTrial to be sure that this application is working with your USB devices.
This is not an official Google application. Nexus brand is the property of Google.
Note: Before you buy this program, It is strongly suggest that you may install free OTG Disk Explorer Lite and test if your device and flash drive work well,
For Wiki or Q/A, please reference this page:
If you have any issue for the app, please leave a message on this page:
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
IN-APP PURCHASE FEATURES
• Wider range in Table Sensor
• Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout can be set above 15 minutes
• Exclude Apps option (except Lollipop): Gravity screen is paused while selected app is running
• Widgets, PowerToggles plug-in
VERSIONS: FREE vs. PRO vs. UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE (recommended)
In the Pro version:
• there is no 15 minutes limit for turning the screen on by motion.
• Table sensor can be set more precisely.
Unlocked version has everything what Pro has, plus it has:
• Exclude App list (except Lollipop)
• more advanced Delayed lock option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Where is the Pro version? I cannot find it on Play Store
The Pro version is discontinued unfortunately, due to security reasons.
To change to the Unlocked version, please, do the followings:
- unlock the Free version by In-app Purchase
- send me the two purchase numbers or the two receipts you got from Google Play (Pro and Unlocked)
- and I'll refund the purchase of the Pro version
Sorry for the inconveniences.
You can also browse the SD card folder directory, manage your android files through your computer after using wifi connection. you can find all these magic function in this app.
* Classify to display Music, video, pictures, documents, zip files, android app install files. Now you can easily find all the same type documents in one file list;
* Easy to delete, move, copy, paste and share files;
* Browse your phone SD card folder directory;
* After create Wifi connection, you can use the wireless management. Through your computer to complete file operations, such as delete, copy, move, upload and so on;
* Add current file folder to the favorite list
* Easy to share your files through the third part app. File Manager has Integrated all types of cloud storage service, send and share your files is no longer difficulty now.
1.Please reinstall the GNL.
2.Check the version is 2.05.
3.Set the function "Enable" on first page of GNL.
4.Go to [Settings]>[Display] Check [Pulse notifivation light]
5.Unplug the usb cable on ur phone.
6.Restart ur phone.
7.After the phone restart fully, plug the usb cable and charge.
If the problem continued, please send me a mail.
This app can help u to turn on the LED when charging.
It is shown in different colors by the percentage of the battery.
You can define the color yourself.
*If you have any problems or suggestions, please send an e-mail to me.
1.This app is designed for Galaxy Nexus and Moto Atrix.
(I can not guarantee it can work on other phones.)
2.Please turn the service on after you install.
3.Its not working if u install Light Flow on ur phone.
4.LED only work when the screen is locked.
5.The color from screen and LED looks different is because of the limitation of hardware.
The app allows you to view detailed network information (LTE/CDMA/EVDO/1xRTT on any provider that supports it) and change Sprint specific settings on the phone.
Root access is only required to change settings without knowing MSL in 4.4.2 and earlier. In 4.4.3 and later, root is required for everything due to a change by Google
- Ability to view virtually all CDMA cell tower info
- Ability to view virtually all LTE cell tower info (Any LTE provider worldwide)
- Enable/disable band 26 and 41 LTE, set priority of LTE bands
- Edit settings without MSL (REQUIRES ROOT!)
- View MEID/ESN on CDMA networks
- Many more!
For support, please visit this thread on XDA Developers:
Android L users: Please update to the latest SuperSU and reboot your device afterwards if it wont run.
WARNING:Although this app itself cannot change any settings, the hidden pages it launches may be able to cause irreversible damage to your phone if used incorrectly. Please ensure you know what you are doing before changing any settings!
1. Completely ad-free.
2. No crazy permissions require.
3. Light, simple and beautiful. Elegant design.
Especially made for nexus 5 devices. Other devices might work too.
This is one of the best led flashlight apps. It does what it is supposed to do.
Don't bother doing anything else.
It is simple and well design.
No crazy permissions require
Nice blue On/Off Button.
Prevents the device from switching to sleep mode.
[users reported working: Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, LG Optimus G, Motorola Razr, LG Optimus L4, HTC One X, Sony Ericsson WT19i, LG Motion 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note I, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Moto X, Motorola Droid Bionic, Huawei U8860, LG Optimus L7/P700, HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE, Motorola Droid Razr HD, HTC Sensation]
This application uses the LED of the camera at the back of the phone as an flashlight.
Nexus Flashlight is simple, but beautiful. Overview:
-Keep the LED on when switching the application or locking the screen.
-Create a notification for fast off-switching of the LED when not in the application itself.
-Turn on the LED on application start to save even more time.
-It is fast. You do not have to wait for multiple seconds to start the LED flash.
-Resizable Widget: Turn on the LED right from your homescreen
-Put the widget on your lockscreen (Android 4.2 only)
-Customizable widget to make it look like a standard app shortcut in order to integrate it nicer with other app shortcuts on your homescreen(*) [DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEXUS 5]
-Shortcut to quickly toggle the LED without opening the main application
-Customizable widget text size (Android 4.1.2+ only)
The standard size of the widget is 1x1. However, it can be resized to any size you like. Just tap and hold the widget and resize afterwards.
(*) Supported launchers are: Default launcher (AOSP), Nova Launcher, Nova Launcher HD, Holo Launcher, Holo Launcher HD, Apex Launcher.
However, in landscape, text below the customized widget is only supported on Nova Launcher, because the others mess up the layout in landscape.
Note: If you use the "Mimic launcher shortcut" option, the widget icon will not resize, if you enlarge the widget. Only use this option if you intent to use the widget as 1x1.
-Camera - take pictures and videos: Needed to start the camera and turn on the led. Controlling the led is not possible without access to the camera. There are no pictures taken and they could not be uploaded, because there is no permission request to access the internet.
-Prevent phone from sleeping: This is needed to prevent some devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3) from turning off the LED automatically when turning off the screen.
** If you encounter any issues, please send a message to my email address. **
GPS and network location:
Needed to calculate true north.
Needed for downloading ads and for completely anonymous usage statistics. Usage statistics can be disabled in the settings of Compass.
You can be the hero and talk to your supercar (OK GOOGLE) to defeat bad guys right away!
* ONLY support Android Wear devices! (currently LG G Watch & Samsung Gear Live)
* Currently only shows the 12-hours mode.
* If PM is not shown up to the right of minutes, then it is AM time.
* Support both LG G Watch & Samsung Gear Live.
* Please feel free to contact me if any suggestion or feedback.
* Comlink artwork used with permission from NRN Design, (C)2008 The Knight Rider Companion all rights reserved. (http://www.knightridercompanion.com)
* ONLY available with some special customized supercar!
* Lock opener
* Audio/Video transmitter
* Digital Camera
* Electrical generation mode
* Communicated with A.I. powered supercar.
* Audio/Video playbacks
* Homing beacon
- Your best plurk app on your Android phone!
- Simple, fast, easy-to-use, and powerful!
- Support running on all Android platforms!
- Tap the avatar or long press a plurk will show up the QuickActions!
- Long press a response will show up the quick menu.
- You can click the links when you entered the single plurk.
- You can add your current location from the menu when you are plurking.
- Support App2SD. (It requires Android 2.2 or greater)
- More secure with OAuth login. You don't expose your id and password to the app.
- Easily switch between "All plurks, My plurks, Private, Responded, Liked & Replurked" filters.
- Easily switch between "All plurks" and "Unread only" modes.
- Mark all as read. (Only available in Unread mode)
- QuickActions for "edit, private plurk, like and unlike, mute and unmute, replurk, official replurk and unreplurk, share, profile, timeline, repluker profile, replurker timeline."
- Long pressing a response for "reply-to, private plurk, replurk or share the response, delete, profile, timeline."
- Plurk/response with selected qualifier, all official emoticons, custom emoticons, and uploaded pictures.
- Plurk with permission settings. (Including self, cliques, and friend list)
- Support English/Taiwan locale. (According the phone setting)
- Web images are automatically cached in your SD-Card. It will be clean up when you quit the app if the cache size is larger than some limit. You can also clean up the cache by yourself in the preferences.
- Auto read-more.
- Auto refresh after plurked.
- Different themes.
- Various avatar and font sizes.
- Orientation setting.
- Input settings.
- Image upload and download settings.
- Page down with volume keys.
- Show the display name instead of id by default.
- In-app image viewing, caching, and zooming. (Support both multi-touch and single-finger mode)
More details on my plurk or blog.