This app lists every skill you need, along with helpful tips on how you can improve and master each one. The app tracks your progress and generates a progress bar to show you how close you are to completion.
The App is based on the 2013 WFTDA Minimum Skills Requirements, and breaks all you need to know down into the following categories:
- Basic skills
- How many laps you can do in 5 minutes
- Balance & Agility
- Pack skills
There's also a category for Rules; as part of your Minimum Skills you'll need to do a written rules test.
You can track the progress of multiple skaters too, with the League Assessment feature.
Updates are due for the app to bring you all the requested features, so make sure to always get the very latest version. If you have any requests for features, please get in touch!
When you skate well, you feel alive, connected to your body, in tune with your wheels and experiencing the flow and grace of great skating. Your skating (and Derby playing) will become more satisfying as you truly master those tricky techniques and achieve the results you always wanted. Your skating will be transformed. The changes these apps will create in your skating will be long lasting and positive, enabling you to overcome future challenges using the wisdom you learn here.
Most of the skills covered in the two apps are on the WFTDA’s Minimum required skills list.
• Quads 1 app provides step-by-step instructions for various skills in each section of;
o Introduction (Roller Derby Intro, Weight Distribution & Stance).
o Movements (Stride and Speed, Acceleration).
o Stops (Toe Stop Drag, Plough stop)
o Speciality skills (Backward Skating, Backward Scissors).
o Expert Demonstrations.
o Common Problems and how to fix them.
o Total of 35 minutes worth of teaching videos.
These lessons are aimed at the following quads skaters;
• Roller Derby skaters wanting improve their game by honing their skating, stopping and special skills, while also learning increased stability and confidence on the track.
• Roller Disco quad skaters and those who skate in rinks or leisure centres.
• Recreational quad skaters skating outdoors using parks, tracks, seafront promenades
Asha is one of the highest qualified and experienced skate instructors in the world. She is a trainer of instructors worldwide for the ICP (Inline Certification Programme) and has taught thousands to skate in her UK skate school Skatefresh.
For free examples of Asha’s online teaching skills, please check out her YouTube channel ‘Skatefresh Videos’ containing both quad and inline tutorials. In 2012 Asha launched a comprehensive series of Inline skate Apps on iPhone and Android last year, so check out the reviews for those products on the App store and GooglePlay (www.skatefresh.com/apps).
- March 1, 2014 edition of the Rules of Flat Track Roller Derby
- Add and organize bookmarks for easy reference to documents
- High-quality graphics
- Powerful search engine allows you to quickly find any term in any document
- Test your knowledge of referee hand signals with our hand signal flash cards
Hit those t-stops and hold onto your helmets because DerbyPal is HERE. This roller derby app is better than your toughest pivot blocker and sexier than a jammer at full throttle. DerbyPal delivers on all fronts.
Lightweight and completely ad free, DerbyPal is so comprehensive every Fresh Meat recruit needs to download it before they hit the track.
Test your knowledge against our exhaustive Derby quiz. Any player, Zebra or NSO from any league can benefit. Never fail a test again!
Share huge laughs using the hilarious DerbyPal random name generator or create a personalised name of your own.
Last but not least, no Derby app would be complete without a (double) stop-watch to time penalties and jams – specialised for use by all those Zebras and Stickyfoots out there.
Download now ladies, I dare you!
Please send any feedback to the email listed below.
This is a cut-down, available-offline version of the main site.
Using the online database of over 900 questions, the app will always try to get the latest questions.
No internet connection is required for the app to function.
Officially licensed by the WFTDA
There are three ways to view a hand signal.
1) Select 'Play All' and all of them will be played one after the other.
2) Select 'Penalty by Type' will provide you with a list Types. In most cases there will be one type per penalty, The type will probably be the same as the Verbal Cue. However there are exceptions such as 'Out of Play' and 'Illegal Procedures' as each of these have multiple verbal cues. In these cases a sub menu is displayed with each verbal cue.
3) Select by Verbal Cue. Each penalty is listed separately. 'Not Lead Jammer' and 'No Pass No Penalty' although listed here have no verbal cues. The videos for these penalties remain silent.
In all cases the penalties are in WFTDA section order (same order as the manual).
On most screen there are 2 banners at the top:
1) Amsterdam Derby Dames
2) All Derby Drills
if you select either of these it will launch the browser and take you to there respective web sites.
Right now you can:
* View all Roller Derby Skaters, their stats, and profile information.
* View all Roller Derby Leagues, its members and upcoming events.
* View all Roller Derby Events on RDNation.
* View all Games Played using RDNation's Scoreboard Application. Get an in depth report of every game!
* Browser and Buy Roller Derby Gear directly from the App.
Email: We use this for you to send us feedback
Geolocation: We use this to find events in the area.
Internet: We use this to contact our server.
Typical stopwatches can be unreliable and cumbersome to use. Roller Derby Penalty Timer provides a reliable way to track penalties with built-in knowledge of the WFTDA ruleset for those tricky jammer situations. If you're short staffed at practice, managing the full penalty box is no problem!
Manage any configuration you'd like: two blockers, two jammers, four blockers, or even the full penalty box!
Stop all timers simultaneously between jams.
10 second warning, alerting you to tell the skater to stand up.
Tap-edit allows you to quickly edit a time or add a minute for a double-penalty.
Customizable colors to match the team uniforms.
Auto Airplane Mode for buying the paid version.
* See how many jams a skater has skated in,
* See how much rest the skater has had (i.e. the number of jams since the last time they were on the track)
* See how many penalties a skater has (with “urgent” color-coding when the number of penalties becomes large)
* Prevent a “Too Many Skaters” or “Delay of Game” situation arising due to penalties and being queued up for the penalty box.
* Create lineups in advance of a game, and save them for quick use during a game.
* Select from your teams and download team lists and pre-saved lineups via web-hosted CSV files.
An experimental ranking system is also provided, which helps the user track skaters' fatigue levels while also sorting their bench lists according to skill at and willingness to Jam, Pivot and Block.
For more details on its use, see Bench Helper's online help via the "Visit Developer's Website" link below.
Tested on a Samsung Galaxy Tab™ (GT-P1000), Galaxy S3, "Superpad Flytouch II", and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010).
Feedback is welcome - please use the "Email Developer" link below. Detailed instructions are available at http://www.picospace.com.au/downloads/benchHelper/
Roller Derby Fanatic is the perfect choice for any enthusiast who wants to keep up with the latest developments in the game. It features the latest news, photos, videos, and more. There is also a convenient list of upcoming bouts as well as the final scores for games that have recently been played.
Install it now and have the world of Roller Derby at your fingertips.
Aplicación Realizada para el 3er Torneo Roller Derby Colombia 2014.
Esta aplicación se encuentra en su versión beta, agradecemos que nos informen los posibles fallos que puedan encontrar.
• Los Time Outs de los equipos se detienen automáticamente al pasar un minuto.
• Corrección de error de contador de 30 segundos.
• Inclusión del botón de restar puntaje.
• Mejoras de interfaces.
• Corrección de problemas.
This is an ad-supported free version of our Jam Timer application. It contains less features than the paid version.
* Keep track of period, jam, and timeout times
* App will automatically keep track of the number of jams and the timeouts taken by both teams.
* Audio / visual / vibrate reminder when 10 seconds of the jam /period / timeout are remaining
* Option to hold overtime jams at the end of a bout.
* Preferences allow you to customize period, timeout, interval and jam time, reminder tone and/or vibrate.
* App can prevent display from dimming / timing out during use.
* Remaining period time can be adjusted if necessary.
* Useful for practice sessions and scrimmages
* App can be moved to SD card on compatible devices.
Please give me your feedback and suggestions so I can make the app as useful and easy to use as possible. Thanks!
A paid version of the app is also available with the following additional features:
* Team names can be customised
* App can be configured to automatically switch on flight mode when the app is launched, and switch it off when the app closes.
* Timer background can be customized. Add your League's logo, team photo, or any image you like.
* App can prevent accidental closure of the timer when pressing the back key.
Penalty Box Manager: Designed for situations where there are low numbers of NSO volunteers available at scrimmages, the Penalty Box Manager is designed to facilitate the use of a lone volunteer to manage the entire penalty box. From this tab, the user can "check-in" skaters entering the penalty box; NSO Helper also keeps track of skaters who are in the queue when the penalty box is full, and provides a convenient "Recall" button which displays the colour / numbers of skaters in the queue in a full screen dialog designed to facilitate visibility from long distances by referees. Skaters leaving the penalty box early can also be easily recalled and awarded additional penalty minutes for their Penalty Box Violation. Jammers and "revolving jammer" procedures are fully handled by NSO Helper.
Penalty Wrangling: Designed for all situations, the Penalty Wrangling helper allows the user to record a penalty issued by a referee in 3 clicks of the android device - colour, then the skater's number, then the penalty code. Penalties wrangled are accumulated on a list, where they can be easily "clicked-away" once the penalty tracker has confirmed the penalty has been recorded.
Skater Recall: Designed for penalty box managers and intended for use with tablets, the Skater Recall helper is a simple interface that allows the penalty box manager to select up to 2 skaters from each team. Their colour / numbers are then displayed in large, high-contrast lettering that enables referees to read the details of the skaters being recalled much more clearly than with a traditional whiteboard.
In additional to manual input of skater names and numbers, a convenient web-interface is also provided, to allow team lists to be downloaded via the web from CSV files. For more detailed instructions on the use of NSO Helper, visit the "Developer's Website" link found below, or email the developer via the link below.
Tested on a Samsung Galaxy Tab™ (GT-P1000), Galaxy S3, "Superpad Flytouch II", and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010).
MRD seeks to foster professional, personal and athletic advancement for all the league's members through training for, promoting and playing the sport of roller derby. The league regularly recruits new skaters and volunteers and hosts a home season February-June, along with several fundraising events throughout the year.
Nevermind these things down here...
mrd, maine, roller, derby, rip tides, port authorities, calamity janes, portland, skate