- March 1, 2014 edition of the Rules of Flat Track Roller Derby
- Add and organize bookmarks for easy reference to documents
- High-quality graphics
- Powerful search engine allows you to quickly find any term in any document
- Test your knowledge of referee hand signals with our hand signal flash cards
When you skate well, you feel alive, connected to your body, in tune with your wheels and experiencing the flow and grace of great skating. Your skating (and Derby playing) will become more satisfying as you truly master those tricky techniques and achieve the results you always wanted. Your skating will be transformed. The changes these apps will create in your skating will be long lasting and positive, enabling you to overcome future challenges using the wisdom you learn here.
Most of the skills covered in the two apps are on the WFTDA’s Minimum required skills list.
• Quads 1 app provides step-by-step instructions for various skills in each section of;
o Introduction (Roller Derby Intro, Weight Distribution & Stance).
o Movements (Stride and Speed, Acceleration).
o Stops (Toe Stop Drag, Plough stop)
o Speciality skills (Backward Skating, Backward Scissors).
o Expert Demonstrations.
o Common Problems and how to fix them.
o Total of 35 minutes worth of teaching videos.
These lessons are aimed at the following quads skaters;
• Roller Derby skaters wanting improve their game by honing their skating, stopping and special skills, while also learning increased stability and confidence on the track.
• Roller Disco quad skaters and those who skate in rinks or leisure centres.
• Recreational quad skaters skating outdoors using parks, tracks, seafront promenades
Asha is one of the highest qualified and experienced skate instructors in the world. She is a trainer of instructors worldwide for the ICP (Inline Certification Programme) and has taught thousands to skate in her UK skate school Skatefresh.
For free examples of Asha’s online teaching skills, please check out her YouTube channel ‘Skatefresh Videos’ containing both quad and inline tutorials. In 2012 Asha launched a comprehensive series of Inline skate Apps on iPhone and Android last year, so check out the reviews for those products on the App store and GooglePlay (www.skatefresh.com/apps).
This app lists every skill you need, along with helpful tips on how you can improve and master each one. The app tracks your progress and generates a progress bar to show you how close you are to completion.
The App is based on the 2013 WFTDA Minimum Skills Requirements, and breaks all you need to know down into the following categories:
- Basic skills
- How many laps you can do in 5 minutes
- Balance & Agility
- Pack skills
There's also a category for Rules; as part of your Minimum Skills you'll need to do a written rules test.
You can track the progress of multiple skaters too, with the League Assessment feature.
Updates are due for the app to bring you all the requested features, so make sure to always get the very latest version. If you have any requests for features, please get in touch!
It displays a Roller Derby Track on the screen with 45 key Points as blue dots. By selecting any two blue dots the application will provide three measurements:
1) The straight line distance in red
2) The vertical distance between the two points in green
3) The horizontal distance between the two points in blue
The horizontal and vertical distances are useful to get from point A to point B if the straight line distance is not parallel / perpendicular to the hall walls but at an angle. By navigating via the horizontal and vertical distance which are parallel / perpendicular to the hall walls, this will ensure a much more accurate result.
The track displayed has also been rotated through 3.27 degrees (as well as all the 45 key points). This results in a track where the outside oval now has it's straights parallel with the hall walls. This saves 2ft in width and is useful if the hall is tight on space. It is the inside track that is now skewed. This means that the inside center line defined by the two inside track markers is now at an angle of 3.27 degrees. It is the line between the two outer track centers that now runs vertically.
Any key point can be selected by touching the screen near it. You do not have to touch the dot exactly. The software works out which key point is the nearest to the place you touched. The first touch will select the first point which will turn red. The second touch will select the second point which will also turn red, but the software will also display the three distances specific to those two points. Another touch anywhere on the screen will clear it and you are now free to select any other two points.
The application has been tested on a screen resolution of 320 * 480. It works but you have to be precise when selecting a point on the screen this small. Less precision is required on devices with larger screens.
The distances is meters is calculated / displayed to a 0.1 of a mm, or 0.0001 of a meter. The distances in Feet and inches are displayed to the nearest 1/8th of an inch. I did try displaying the distance to the nearest 1/64th of an inch. But I found this confusing when most tape measures are marked in 1/8th of an inch.
Please send any feedback to the email listed below.
This is a cut-down, available-offline version of the main site.
Using the online database of over 900 questions, the app will always try to get the latest questions.
No internet connection is required for the app to function.
Officially licensed by the WFTDA
There are three ways to view a hand signal.
1) Select 'Play All' and all of them will be played one after the other.
2) Select 'Penalty by Type' will provide you with a list Types. In most cases there will be one type per penalty, The type will probably be the same as the Verbal Cue. However there are exceptions such as 'Out of Play' and 'Illegal Procedures' as each of these have multiple verbal cues. In these cases a sub menu is displayed with each verbal cue.
3) Select by Verbal Cue. Each penalty is listed separately. 'Not Lead Jammer' and 'No Pass No Penalty' although listed here have no verbal cues. The videos for these penalties remain silent.
In all cases the penalties are in WFTDA section order (same order as the manual).
On most screen there are 2 banners at the top:
1) Amsterdam Derby Dames
2) All Derby Drills
if you select either of these it will launch the browser and take you to there respective web sites.
Want to know more about the teams and players of Montreal's Roller Derby league? Need some help understanding the rules of the game? Wondering when the next game is or just want easy access to our twitter feed? Download the free MTLRD Android App today!
Roller Derby Fanatic is the perfect choice for any enthusiast who wants to keep up with the latest developments in the game. It features the latest news, photos, videos, and more. There is also a convenient list of upcoming bouts as well as the final scores for games that have recently been played.
Install it now and have the world of Roller Derby at your fingertips.
Typical stopwatches can be unreliable and cumbersome to use. Roller Derby Penalty Timer provides a reliable way to track penalties with built-in knowledge of the WFTDA ruleset for those tricky jammer situations. If you're short staffed at practice, managing the full penalty box is no problem!
Manage any configuration you'd like: two blockers, two jammers, four blockers, or even the full penalty box!
Stop all timers simultaneously between jams.
10 second warning, alerting you to tell the skater to stand up.
Tap-edit allows you to quickly edit a time or add a minute for a double-penalty.
Customizable colors to match the team uniforms.
Auto Airplane Mode for buying the paid version.
This is an ad-supported free version of our Jam Timer application. It contains less features than the paid version.
* Keep track of period, jam, and timeout times
* App will automatically keep track of the number of jams and the timeouts taken by both teams.
* Audio / visual / vibrate reminder when 10 seconds of the jam /period / timeout are remaining
* Option to hold overtime jams at the end of a bout.
* Preferences allow you to customize period, timeout, interval and jam time, reminder tone and/or vibrate.
* App can prevent display from dimming / timing out during use.
* Remaining period time can be adjusted if necessary.
* Useful for practice sessions and scrimmages
* App can be moved to SD card on compatible devices.
Please give me your feedback and suggestions so I can make the app as useful and easy to use as possible. Thanks!
A paid version of the app is also available with the following additional features:
* Team names can be customised
* App can be configured to automatically switch on flight mode when the app is launched, and switch it off when the app closes.
* Timer background can be customized. Add your League's logo, team photo, or any image you like.
* App can prevent accidental closure of the timer when pressing the back key.
Aplicación Realizada para el 3er Torneo Roller Derby Colombia 2014.
Esta aplicación se encuentra en su versión beta, agradecemos que nos informen los posibles fallos que puedan encontrar.
• Los Time Outs de los equipos se detienen automáticamente al pasar un minuto.
• Corrección de error de contador de 30 segundos.
• Inclusión del botón de restar puntaje.
• Mejoras de interfaces.
• Corrección de problemas.
Right now you can:
* View all Roller Derby Skaters, their stats, and profile information.
* View all Roller Derby Leagues, its members and upcoming events.
* View all Roller Derby Events on RDNation.
* View all Games Played using RDNation's Scoreboard Application. Get an in depth report of every game!
* Browser and Buy Roller Derby Gear directly from the App.
Email: We use this for you to send us feedback
Geolocation: We use this to find events in the area.
Internet: We use this to contact our server.
By placing the Android device running this app on prominent display (and potentially connecting the device to a set of amplified speakers), this app is capable of running as a virtual jam timer, performing call off jam and timeout start / stop whistles and verbal warnings when 5 seconds of Line Up time is remaining (i.e. "5 seconds!").
Jam Timer tracks team timeouts and official reviews, ensuring that teams do not obtain more than they are entitled to. If a Delay of Game situation does arise, then Jam Timer automatically calls an official timeout immediately after the line up time has expired.
Jam Timer can be configured to prompt the user to put their Android device into Airplane mode at the start of the game, and also prompts the user to confirm if the user attempts to navigate away from the app mid-way through a game.
To help facilitate the elimination of a volunteer / NSO position to run Jam Timing, Jam Timer also supports the use of Bluetooth devices such as multimedia adapters and headsets as remote controls to access the various jam control, timeout and official review options. In the case of multimedia adapters, the Next / Previous Track and Play / Pause buttons are used; for supported headsets the volume control buttons are used.
Period, inter-period break, jam and line up time durations can all be adjusted to suit unusual local training conditions from the preferences menus. For more information on this and the use of bluetooth devices, please visit the developer's website link below.
Tested on a Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Tab (GT-P1000) and a "Superpad Flytouch II" (Superpad without Speech or Bluetooth). Feedback is welcomed via the "Email Developer" link below.
Roller Resource is a mix between a random trick generator (similar to Art of Rolling's Skate Dice) with the added benefit of being a tiny Blading Wiki, with information about a large array of tricks (more tricks coming soon).
Choose Easy, Medium or Hard modes (Expert Coming Soon!) and challenge your friends to a game of S.K.A.T.E (or B.L.A.D.E) with randomly generated tricks.
All tricks have the correct names, with hundreds of variations, and there are no clashes between variations (e.g. Frontside, Backside, Royale).
Roller Resource now comes with it's own "Quick Trick" widget, that can be added to your homescreen for quick trick generation.
Lots of awesome features coming in the near future, incl; Built in B.L.A.D.E Game, Trick Categories (e.g. Grinds, Grabs, Flips) and a whole new style!
* See how many jams a skater has skated in,
* See how much rest the skater has had (i.e. the number of jams since the last time they were on the track)
* See how many penalties a skater has (with “urgent” color-coding when the number of penalties becomes large)
* Prevent a “Too Many Skaters” or “Delay of Game” situation arising due to penalties and being queued up for the penalty box.
* Create lineups in advance of a game, and save them for quick use during a game.
* Select from your teams and download team lists and pre-saved lineups via web-hosted CSV files.
An experimental ranking system is also provided, which helps the user track skaters' fatigue levels while also sorting their bench lists according to skill at and willingness to Jam, Pivot and Block.
For more details on its use, see Bench Helper's online help via the "Visit Developer's Website" link below.
Tested on a Samsung Galaxy Tab™ (GT-P1000), Galaxy S3, "Superpad Flytouch II", and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010).
Feedback is welcome - please use the "Email Developer" link below. Detailed instructions are available at http://www.picospace.com.au/downloads/benchHelper/