Make leaf area measurement as simple and mobile as you are with the Petiole! Petiole opens the door to the world of agriculture research and is the simplest way to get accurate plant data about a specific leaf area.
Measure individual leaf area, save your leaf area measurements, see the comparison, and add experimental crops and fields. Make productive agriculture research and effective decisions for your business.
For agriculture scientists, agronomists, agriculture chemists, plant breeders and ecologists - download the Petiole and start measuring leaf area of specific plant leaf in a few taps.
• Save time. Say "Bye" to leaf area scanners, grid paper and ImageJ. Use your own smartphone
• Make individual leaf area measurement directly from your Android mobile.
• Use it in a field, in a laboratory or in a greenhouse
• Understand the influence of fertilizers, growth promoters or climate change factors
• Access your previous measurements and savings of leaf area measurements
• Explore new possibilities to experiment with plants or fields and add them to your mobile
Join our beta community at petioleapp.com to provide feedback, and gain early access to new features.
Discover us on Twitter: @petioleapp
Get to know Petiole: http://petioleapp.com
==== IMPORTANT ====
Running this beta app requires login and password. It is provided automatically but if you have any problems, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The app may require a working Internet connection but it is also working without it.
The app uses OpenCV, so you need to install OpenCVManager from Google Play Store.
To calibrate the camera, you need a calibration pad with chessboard squares. Here is a link to download and print it out using white paper: http://bit.ly/2jHhHps
One square must have a size 10 x 10 mm.
Petiole currently was tested on Android 4.2 and higher. Please, write us if you have any problems with Petiole in your smartphone. Petiole is currently NOT working on tablets.
Note that the app is currently in BETA status, which means some things may not work as expected. We do our best to make Petiole better.