MOH Uganda Capacity Building App Uganda is a health worker learning/training platform supported by the Community Health Academy- Last Mile Health in collaboration with Makerere University College of Health Sciences and the Ministry of Health using the OppiaMobile app technology.
One of the major limiting factors to a timely COVID-19 response in Uganda is the need for social distancing which prevents traditional capacity building efforts such as face-to-face training. Covid-19 Uganda training platform has been developed to address this need in a timely manner.
Some of the benefits for using OppiaMobile mobile app technology:-
• Access learning activities, videos and quizzes all offline on Android smartphones
• Earn points and badges for completing activities and courses
• Automatic notification when course updates are available
• Text to speech function – so activities can be read out loud
• Search course and activity content
• Users can share courses via Bluetooth
This app connects to a back-end to track your activity and progress )– for example which activities have been completed, quiz scores and videos watched) and also to download courses