Urb lets you report and share the issues that directly affect you and your neighborhood for a better, smarter city.
60 percent of the world’s population will live in cities by 2030. As the world rapidly urbanizes, cities have to provide basic social services while simultaneously driving sustainable and inclusive growth. This can be achieved with the right technologies.
Urb makes cities smarter by providing a platform for citizens to set the agenda for dialogue around change in their communities. Citizens are able to report and share issues affecting their neighborhoods. Authorities and service providers can respond to issues in real-time. This fosters collective action and accountability by encouraging community participation, community policing, civic engagement and local governance.
Benefits for Citizens
- Real-time access and instant response to issues in your community
- Faster engagement with authorities and service providers through dialogue via social-media integration
- Immediate receipt of important notifications from authorities and providers
- Transparency and a voice for community.
Benefits for Cities
- Streamlined and accelerated service delivery using modern technology tools.
- Improved efficiency with field workers through use of mobile solutions.
- Engage citizens through an intuitive mobile app at any given time
- Foster innovation with an ecosystem of developers and partners.
- City Authorities
- Local Governments
- Police and Security Forces
- Service Providers
Urb is free to use. You can download it here. Visit us on the web at http://urb.sparkpl.ug
For questions and/or support you can email us at (we tend to respond within the hour):