This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. It plays both audio and video.
It is intended for everyone, but this version is not perfectly stable.
It is still a beta, so it might kill your kitten or destroy your house, but it should be mostly fine now.
Use it at your own risk. Have fun! :)
This version is for devices with an ARMv7 CPU or a x86 CPU. ARMv6 devices will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
VLC for Android Beta needs acces to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, during the beta, to help understand crashes and issues.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your media files
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming calls
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during incoming calls.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "full network access", to open network streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the audio player.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
Video: mp4, wmv, avi, mkv, dv, rm, mp, mpeg, flv, divx, swf, dat, h264, h263, h261, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, mov, m4v, ogv, vob, vstream, ts.
Audio: mp3, wma, ogg, mp2, flac, aac, ac3, amr, pcm, wav, au, aiff, 3g2, m4a, astream.
Media Player finds all your videos automatically for you. Media Player saves your time and disk space to transcoding or format converting. Just put your video on sdcard or click the URL in browser to watch it.
Support sub: srt, ass, ssa, sub,txt, utf, smi, rt,aqt, jss, js, utf8, utf-8.
Media Player load external subtitle with same name of video automatically and support .m3u playlist.
Media Player provides a powerful WiFi transfer function: Upload and download video files to/from your phone over a wireless connection.
WiFi Transfer is a light-weight web server that lets you upload and download files to/from your phone over a wireless connection. It doesn't require any special software on the computer so you can use it anywhere.
1) Supports all video formats;
2) Hardware Acceleration - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder.
3) Mutil-Core Decoding - Dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
4) Automatic identifiy all mobile phone video files;
5) Provides a wifi cable;
6) Supports HD videos and HD video playing memory optimization;
7) Playlists and continuous play;
8) Thumbnail displays of videos;
9) Delete, Rename, Play/Pause operations;
10) Codec Plugin.
You may also chop/clip a media file, or extract the audio to make a ring tone.
You may specify the parameters including video/audio bit rate, resolution, frame rate, audio sample rate.
It is easy to pick/specify the parameters with the special designed UI.
LGPL ffmpeg is used.
-can cover a frequency range from 10Hz to 20kHz (actual range dependent on your audio hardware),
-exact tone generation, no messy approximation,
-*new* toggle for logarithmic slider,
-multiple wave types! Choose from sine, square, sawtooth and triangle,
-setting the frequency down to a single Hertz (and not 10 Hz, like in some other applications),
-connect external speakers to your device for even better sound and frequency range!
-Easy way to contact the developer: just press the "Report Bug/Suggest Feature" button and type away!
-option to keep the app running indefinitely,
-adapted for accessibility applications - easier to use for the vision-impaired.
Note: you can set the volume simply by using the buttons on your phone.
Internet permissions are needed for:
-ads (this is an ad-supported ad),
-feedback (you can report a bug or suggest a feature directly from the app),
-ANONYMOUS usage statistics.
Wakelock permission is needed for the "keep alive" option.
1. HD Audio recording.
2. Simple UI, instant start.
3. All the required functionality is in one screen and within the user's click.
4. Supported operations in Pro Version
- Recording with high quality.
- Play, pause, stop audio file.
- Send/Share your recording.
- Delete your recording right from the app.
- Save the recording file.
5. A timer to monitor your recording time.
If you aren't glad about this app, please send me an email We will fix it for you.
Thank you about using the app.
The app plots the fundamental frequency versus time.
The application can be used to tune musicals instruments.
The app can be used to measure sound Doppler Effect: J.A Gómez-Tejedor, J.C Castro-Palacio y J. A. Monsoriu. "The acoustic Doppler effect applied to the study of linear motions", European Journal of Physics, 35 (2), 025006 (9pp), 2014. doi: 10.1088/0143-0807/35/2/025006. http://iopscience.iop.org/0143-0807/35/2/025006
More information about the App can be found in the reference: J. A. Gómez-Tejedor, J. C. Castro-Palacio and J. A.Monsoriu. "Frequency analyser: A new Android application for high precision frequency measurement". Computer Applications in Engineering Education (2015). DOI: 10.1002/cae.21618. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cae.21618/abstract
Play GSM/WAV/AU voicemail attachment.
Support following encodings:
Must work with other apps, In email,browser, etc, Press file->"open with"->"Remote Wave".
Sub project of Remote RDP
Ringdroid lets you create personal ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds from existing music/audio files and record new ones using your Android device.
This app is the only 'official' distribution of the Ringdroid open-source project; it does not, and never will, contain ads.
Google Play Store automatically presents the correct Ringdroid update to install with your Android system:
Ringdroid 2.7.2 is recommended for Android system versions 4.1 ('Jelly Bean') and higher. It includes the ability to read OGG Vorbis audio files, and it saves ringtones in AAC (.m4a) format.
Ringdroid 2.6 is recommended for Android system versions 3.0 ('Honeycomb') through 4.0.3 ('Ice Cream Sandwich'). It includes user interface features such as 'pinch-to-zoom'.
Ringdroid 2.5 continues to be recommended for earlier Android system versions.
Note: this app requests access to your contacts, but solely for the purpose of setting contact-specific ringtones. Source code is available at ringdroid.com.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support - significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, flac... and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller... and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail email@example.com. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum can be found here: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/.
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (HD and others - hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all video types.
Translations and corrections of the translations can now be submitted here: http://crowdin.net/project/bsplayer-android!
Don't forget to vote 5 stars if you like it and if you don't - let us know why! :)
Tags: video player, media player, movie player, m2ts player, mts player, avc player, mp3 player, avi player, mkv player, mov player, flv player, subtitle player, free player...
Screenshots taken from following movies under Creative Commons license:
Sintel - © copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org
Tears of Steel - (CC) Blender Foundation | mango.blender.org
VideoShow bring excellent video editing experience to you. With minumum operations, you can make awesome video with photos and videos. Best of all, it's completely free!
One video, various expressions. You can express yourself with video, photo, text, music, voice, filter effects, anything you want!
★VideoShow is No.1 video editor for Android, complete free, unlimited video length , no watermark!
★Zoom and rotate your video as you want!
★ Intergrated video editor enviroment, What you see, is what you get!
★ The fastest video creator. Simple, without pre-transcoding.
★ Make video with photos! Mix video and photo together!
★ (New!) Add funny sticker to video. You can even draw a video!
★ You can add text to video. Multiple text can be added on your video, Adjust it with accurate timing, various colors.
★ Add beautiful effects to your videos. We support 10 filter including Beauty, Sepia, Sketch, etc.
★ Add your favorite music. You can also dub to video.
★ Trim video. It’s extremly fast.
★ Share your video to Youtube/Instagram/Facebook.
If you would like to know the news about VideoShow please
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/videoshowapp
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/videoshowapp
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/videoshowapp
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
We are not perfect, but we are we are working hard every day to make the app better. Thanks for your support!
Copy, cut and paste.
Fade in/out for mp3.
Adjust volume for mp3.
Preview the Ringtone files and assign to contact.
View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels.
Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface.
Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and auto scrolling of the waveform.
Play anywhere else by tapping the screen.
Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
Record a new audio clip to edit.
Delete audio (with confirmation alert).
Assign a Ringtone directly to a contact, you can also re-assign or delete the Ringtone from contact.
Sort by Tracks, Albums, Artists.
Manage contact Ringtone.
Ringtone save path:
AD free version:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Explanation for the permissions:
AD company need read phone state and network state to display and improve there AD quality.
After you create the ringtone, there is a choice to assign it to your contact. If you choose this option, the Ringtone Maker need to read your contact data and show them in the list, then you can assign the new ringtone to somebody.
Ringtone Maker will not collect your contact information.
After you save a new Ringtone, the APP need rights to write it to your SD card.
Ringdroid and RingsExtended source code:
Apache License, Version 2.0
* Monitor channel and video performance with easy-to-use analytics
* Filter and respond to comments
* Get notifications when something important happens
* Update video details and settings
█ Free Android Video Player even you don’t want the floating popup features.
█ Why do you choose the software as your media player ?
☆ Multiple-Window & Floating Pop-up Technique; You can play the video in anywhere, for multiple windows.
☆ Simple & Customize Theme Style System; You can make your own theme in a easy way.
☆ Easy Operation and User Interface; View your media in list, grid, and 3D Gallery mode, play the video with simple gesture to adjust. You can also use the widgets to play the video from the launcher.
☆ Wide Video Format Support; You can play almost all types of the media files with software decoder with subtitle files, like the rmvb, wmv, …etc. It also support to play the YouTube (HTML5) and URL.
☆ Group Media Sharing; You can share the media with your friends in a high speed wireless channel without any configuration.
☆ Personalize List; You can mark the selected media with favorite or privacy, it only shows in the mirror list.
☆ Performance and Reliability Improve; Better performance in the loading and playing. For the large amount of video files, its loading time is more fast compared to the others video player.
The GPlayer is an innovation video playback software for Android OS. It can re-size, move window, multi-windows play-back with Group Media Sharing feature. Better operation experience, support subtitle and popup video technique. In other words, you can watch your video content in any application. You can watch the video and do something else at the same time!
The floating system make you can move the video window position and resize the window boundary according to your personal favor. You can also play with full screen or minimize the playing video to the system notification tray . If your device is strong enough, you can also play the video with "Multi-Window"(Maximum is 6). It means you can watch up to six video files at the same time.
The "GPlayer" is not just a popup video player, it has a friendly and simply user interface with List style, Grid style and 3D Gallery Flow style. You can customize the theme as your wish.
It can record the playback position of the file and set the favorite files. Moreover, it supports the subtitle (.srt, .ass, and .smi file formats) when you play a video file. it also can play the audio files (mp3, wav...etc).
Group Media Sharing allows the devices with the same network mask to share the media files. In other words, you can share the media contents with your friends in the same Wi-Fi environment (Wi-Fi Access Point). You can also try the "Sync Play" feature, it is very funny.
The "GPlayer" supports from Android 1.5 ~ 4.2 with any screen size and resolution. It will integrate the build-in media Gallery for media source, you can input the video streaming URL or launch the "GPlayer" from others File Explorer..
█ How to use the application ?
Please read the help in the “menu” -> “Settings” -> “User Manual” in the software.
█ Free Edition
The software is a free edition; some features are only available in Professional edition. If you like the software, you can buy the Professional edition license via Google Play in-app purchase to support our development.
(ARMv7 NEON CPU only works)
mp3, m4a, wav, amr, awb, wma, ogg, aac, mka, flac, aiff
mp4, m4v, 3gpp, 3gpp2, wmv, asf, mkv, mp2ts, avi, webm, divx, mov, mts, m2ts, flv
- Play music album, artist, song, genre
- ID3 tag editing and Character code setting
- Lyrics tag support
- Repeat function Shuffle function
- Sleep function
- 5/10 bands Graphic Equalizer/Parametric equalizer
- Effects (Bass, Treble, Reverb, Virtualizer,Compressor,32/64bit mode,Dither)
- Back ground video playback
- Playlist of video and music
- 4x1, 4x2, 4x4 Widgets
- Operation from the lock screen (Android4.0 or later)
- Playback from folder
- Theme selection function
Network streaming Features
- Support SHOUTcast streams
- Protocols: http, mms, rtsp
- Playlists: pls, m3u, xspf
Device Analyzer collects usage statistics in the background while you use your phone. Personally identifying information is removed whenever possible while preserving useful information. Periodically the recorded data is uploaded to our server at the University of Cambridge, where we will aggregate it with other people's data and draw inferences from the patterns that emerge.
What's in for me?
- Personal analytics - extracting data from the things we do every day, e.g. phone calls or our movement patterns - is becoming increasingly popular. We provide you with new ways to look at what is happening inside your mobile phone. The website allows you to download all the raw data we collect from your phone.
- See your 3G data traffic and wifi traffic, phone minutes and texts sent.
Why do we collect your data?
Perhaps surprisingly, we know relatively little about how individuals use smart phones. Which of the many features do you use? And how often? Do you often miss calls? How many text messages do you send? Mobile phone carriers know your calling patterns but often don't make them available to manufacturers. They in turn conduct interviews and surveys to see what people like about their phones and what they use them for, but these are always limited to a relatively small group of people.
Device Analyzer performs rigorous, automatic collection. It doesn't get tired after a week of recording what you have done and can provide a large and detailed data set covering a broad audience. We will use this data set to make recommendations for the improvement of future smart phones, extract patterns and trends. Our aim is to provide new insights and recommendations based on what people do.
With your permission, we would like to share your data set with other academic and industrial researchers worldwide so that they can get even more from it. If you don't want this to happen please let us know with a single click in the app and your data will only be used within the University of Cambridge.
What is collected?
Here is an overview of the types of data we collect:
- when you turn on your phone or charge it
- when you make phone calls and send texts
- which apps you use
- wifi and bluetooth devices near your phone
- your coarse (network-based location)
A detailed document containing all data collected is available here: http://goo.gl/EP9E5
* Only contains information for buses in Cambridgeshire, UK. *
Please email us if you want another county so we can gauge interest.
Developed in the Digital Technology Group at the Computer Laboratory of the University of Cambridge
Check the preliminary content we have placed on the sharing server!
Feel free to email us with your comments and suggestions!