TERMINAL is a strategic word-puzzle game in which players are tasked with cracking randomly encoded messages (cryptograms). Messages may contain inspirational quotes from great minds of the last century, or insights from pop culture icons.
The letters in the encoded messages are scrambled, such that all A's might be B's, all B's might be C's, etc.
The lines below show a hypothetical message and its encoded counterpart. The first line is the actual message, which is hidden from the player. The second line is the encoded message.
she sells sea shells by the sea
abc acdda ace abcdda fg hbc ace
By analyzing the encoded message, players can easily find patterns. For example, a player might choose to start with 3 letter words and deduce that "hbc" is the word "the". It would follow that the letter "c" in the word "acdda" is really the letter "e". The fact that the "c" is followed by two d's might lead the player to conclude that the "d" is really an "l". The word "acdda" also starts and ends with the same letter ("a"). Given this, the player might conclude that the "a" is an "s", and that the word is "sells".
Having come to the above conclusions, the word "abcdda" would spell "s_ells" (wherein only the second letter is missing). At that point, the player should choose the letter that makes the most sense - e.g. an "m" would spell "smells", a "w" would spell "swells", an "h" would spell "shells", etc.
Players can use the "Check" button to gauge how close they are to decoding the message. Doing so tells them how many letters they've gotten right, but does not tell them which letters those are. To help them along, players are also given a free letter of their choice per encoded message.
Decoded messages are added to players’ vaults, and can be revisited at any time.
Code Breaker is a game where you slip into the role of Alan Turing, the British mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and pioneering computer scientist. Memorize the patterns and use them to break the codes while they get bigger and more complex.
A perfect game for a short break and to challenge your brain.
App contents: A short taster course in learning Welsh; Welsh for the family vocabulary, game and information; Welsh in the workplace vocabulary, game and information; Information on local Welsh courses; Informal learning activity calendar; Place name translations.
Popeth yr hoffech chi wybod am wella eich Cymraeg yng Nghaerdydd a Bro Morgannwg.
Cynnwys yr ap: Cwrs blasu byr; Geirfa, gêm a gwybodaeth Cymraeg i’r Teulu; Geirfa, gêm a gwybodaeth Cymraeg yn y Gweithle; Gwybodaeth am gyrsiau Cymraeg lleol; Calendr dysgu anffurfiol; Cyfieithiadau enwau llefydd.
1. Look at the map and click the boxes. For example, click the F2 box to see the potential routes available to you after F2 year.
2. Click the red "'i" button on each step. It will give you a brief narrative about the type of post this is. Make sure you investigate every box so that you understand all the possibilities, even those you may not have considered - these may be useful contingency plans.
3. Identify three possible routes which you would consider pursuing after F2, or whenever you are ready to apply to specialty training. Which would be your Plan A, B and C?
4. Go and ask questions or carry out further research into the boxes you know least about. You need to be aware of all your important options at the next step of your career.
The official Cardiff University app gives you:
• Cardiff University News - all of our latest world-leading research, events and more
• Campus maps and directions - find your way around our campus
• Find a PC - find the nearest available workstations
• Contacts - search for and call or email University contacts directly from the app
• E-Mail and calendar - quickly access your Cardiff University email account from your phone
• Calendar Exam Timetables - times, locations and more
This app requires an internet connection to launch. Please be aware downloading content outside of a WiFi connection may be chargeable with your Mobile Phone Provider and that Cardiff University accepts no liability for these charges.
This app requires an internet connection to launch. Please be aware downloading content outside of a WiFi connection may be chargeable with your Mobile Phone Provider and that Cardiff University accepts no liability for these charges