The map itself is quite large (6480,3888), so it's way too big to fit in memory all at once (6480 x 3888 x 32 / 8) = 100,776,960 -- over 96 megs. The VM heap size Android supports is eith 16 or 24 megs, so we can't fit the whole thing in memory at once.
So WorldMap uses the BitmapRegionDecoder API (available as of API 10) to decode just what it needs to display.
WorldMap is open source, and the source code is here: https://github.com/johnnylambada/WorldMap
View a large quick reference World Map on your Android Device today!
Contains Up-To-Date World Maps!
Did you know?
South Sudan became the world's 195th country following separation from Sudan on 9 July 2011
- Political World Map
- No internet connection is required. The worldmap is stored on your Android and can be viewed Offline.
A quick reference map to quickly find countries and cites like Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Japan, Tokyo, China, Shanghai, USA, Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, California, New York, Europe and More!
Users Love World Map 2014!
This app is handy. Nice to open it when I want to know where a country is located on this BIG globe!!!
Very simple to use, and much easier than Google Maps for quick reference. No problems, Droid RAZR.
It is really very useful application. it must be tried by students.
Explore the World Map on your Android today!
Try it for Free!
It is your own virtual planetarium. Ideal for amateur Astronomy.
It has all the Surya and Chandra along with the planets Budh, Shukra, Mangal, Brihaspati, Shani and also Rahu and Ketu.
Watch Dhurva tara, Saptarishi, Mesh, Dhanu, Vrishabha, Kark, Ashadha, Jyeshta, Kritika among all the other objects.
Star, planets and constellations names are augmented with Western names where Indian names are not there. e.g, Neptune.
These names would be updated in the future as and when discovered.
Built as a derivative of Sky Map, it has all its features.
From the makers of Hindu Calendar.
Several categories of world maps:
★ Political and topography, elevations, income per capita and child mortality, all in our world map!
★ New 2013 Water data with: drinkable water, water poverty index, water runoff and water insecurity data
★ CO2 statistics and Pollution data: CO2 levels at Troposphere, emissions per sector, global CO2 emission and much more in World Map FREE HD.
- Easy to use and complete world map data. A real "mapa mundi".
- A true atlas with 25 complete world maps for a complete analysis.
- Useful for School, College, Geography students. Quick reference world map.
- Wants to use the image for school or send a map to a friend? It's easy to share our world maps and mail it to your friends, post to Twitter, send to Facebook or Instagram and much more!
- Amazing maps of the continents: America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, Asia and Antartida.
- World largest cities: New York (USA), Tokyo (Japan), Sydnei (Australia), Shangai (China), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Paris (France) and much more! All capitals included.
- Detailed Europe maps.
- North America detailed data.
- World map organized in categories: Political, Water and Pollution. It's easy and fun to find any world map.
- World map completely in HD, with world maps of the highest quality.
- Works Offline (without internet). Allows you to keep studying the world map even when you can't use Google Maps.
- Optimized for tablets (Galaxy Tab, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Asus Transformer, Sony Xperia tablets and Kindle Fire) and HD Smartphones (Galaxy S IV,S4, S3, S2, Nexus 4, Optimus G, etc).
- It's Free. Check our world map (mapa mundi) now!
Check out the smart and intelligent features offered here:
• World map countries
• World map download
• World map printable
• World clock
This app spells comfort and security for its users. With this app make your expeditions around the world a trouble-free experience!
DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this app is collected using Feeds and Videos are hosted by YouTube and all are available in public domain. We have not uploaded any videos to YouTube.
This app provides an organized way to browse, read contents and watch YouTube Videos.
"Countries Location Maps Quiz" is a geographical test, that allow you to check your knowledge of the political maps of the world!
You've probably hear on television about different countries scattered around the world and wondering "where it actually is?" Can you find Benin on the map of Africa? Are you able to distinguish between Dominica and Dominican Republic? Install this app and learn new knowledge.
Test yourself by comparing your score with the best ranked online.
- 10 levels of difficulty,
- at every level there are countries from different regions of the world (Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia, Middle East, Oceania, Central America and Caribbean)
- learning mode without time pressure,
- ranking of the top players,
- beautiful graphics.
Your score is sum points from all levels.
Names of countries are available in 43 languages (depending on the language setting on the phone).
This geographical test includes European, Asian, American, African and Oceania countries - all countries of the world.
Geography is a field you like? If so, this political maps trivia, will help you for sure!
Page on Facebook:
This app will display imaging to calculate the fractal Mandelbrot set is the most typical. Detailed description of the Mandelbrot set, please refer to wikipedia, etc. .
• The display has been expanded with a focus on the position of the image is touched and to touch the screen. The enlargement ratio can be changed in the Setting-1. To do other, please press the menu button.
use preference to adjust the color and parameter then go back to preview screen to check the settings. If you want initial image, tick the initialize item, then go to preview screen to check the image return to initial size. Remember to untick the initialize item, the settings will be restored when you open the wallpaper next time.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify what you see in the sky in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at it!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a very intuitive touch-screen interface
* the integration of GPS positioning
* the control of the direction of view using the device accelerometers
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
Stellarium mobile is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium software.
Zooms can be individually set to higher iteration limit using the menu. An iteration limit of 500 is okay for initial exploration of the Mandelbrot Set. For some zooms a higher limit will be needed; for example the smaller 'copies' of the Mandelbrot Set may be blobby unless the iteration limit is increased.
Use the options menu to try different colour schemes - your zoom will change to the new scheme without resetting the zooming process.
The Mandelbrot Set is a fractal generated by a simple rule. The patterns which result are extraordinarily detailed, with fascinating symmetries and recurring shapes.
This app allows the user to zoom in on any region repeatedly. The default settings allow fairly fast processing even on a low-end phone. Users with devices with faster processors can change the settings, resulting in sharper images. The menu button also provides an option for increasing the iteration limit of an existing zoom, so that even on slower devices a user can quickly zoom in to a desired area, and the view that area in more detail.
Colour schemes can be changed at any stage, without affecting the current zoom or iteration depth. This allows exploration of detail, and makes it easier for the user to find zooms which show aspects of the Mandelbrot set more clearly.
Images can be saved to the device's storage, or shared using email, text messaging or other sharing applications.
Hundreds of millions of calculations may be necessary for a sharp image of parts of the Mandelbrot Set, and some zooms may slow your device.
The " Israel History Maps " was created to illustrate the Jewish presence and heritage in the Middle East region throughout the last 3400+ years, and to refute the claim that Jews have only recently arrived and brutally taken their land from other sovereigns in recent centuries.
The project contains over 50 informative legible maps of today's Israel's region illustrating sovereignty in easy to understand, friendly graphics, along with a periodical timeline. The map set is divided into three eras, marking the three main periods of Jewish sovereignty in the region. The project is based on extensive research by previous winner of "The Tanach Quiz", Ilan Reiner, who has in depth knowledge of Jewish geography and history.
If you liked it, I think you would also find the following app interesting: IJewish Timeline - 6000 Years
Hopefully I will find the time to extend it a bit more...
- Save and share images or set as wallpaper
- Manage a list of favorite locations
- Pinch to zoom and button zoom
- Fullscreen mode
- Portrait and landscape orientation
- Choose gradients
- History navigation buttons
- Change parameters, number of iterations
- RenderScript calculations (for Honeycomb & ICS)
- Designed for both phone & tablet