The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ No ads & full main menu.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
View a large quick reference World Map on your Android Device today!
Get to know the World Geography!
Contains Up-To-Date World Maps!
Did you know?
South Sudan became the world's 195th country following separation from Sudan on 9 July 2011
- Political World Map Atlas
- Find a country easily with a convenient globe map
- Educational reference map for students, school, and university
- Up to date maps
- View every nation and it's major cities in one large map
- No internet connection is required. The worldmap is stored on your Android and can be viewed Offline.
A quick reference map to quickly find countries and cites like United Kingdom, Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Japan, Tokyo, China, Shanghai, USA, Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, California, New York, Europe and More!
Users Love World Map 2015!
Explore the World Map on your Android today!
Try it for Free!
The map itself is quite large (6480,3888), so it's way too big to fit in memory all at once (6480 x 3888 x 32 / 8) = 100,776,960 -- over 96 megs. The VM heap size Android supports is eith 16 or 24 megs, so we can't fit the whole thing in memory at once.
So WorldMap uses the BitmapRegionDecoder API (available as of API 10) to decode just what it needs to display.
WorldMap is open source, and the source code is here: https://github.com/johnnylambada/WorldMap
This version of worldmap come with a brief information about every country like: Country capital city, dial code, country code, country continent, country currency code, the country area in sq km, country languages, numbers of the population and the GPS geo points east, west, north, south, geo name id, flag iso Alpha3 .
Check the zoom in and the zoom out
It is your own virtual planetarium. Ideal for amateur Astronomy.
It has all the Surya and Chandra along with the planets Budh, Shukra, Mangal, Brihaspati, Shani and also Rahu and Ketu.
Watch Dhurva tara, Saptarishi, Mesh, Dhanu, Vrishabha, Kark, Ashadha, Jyeshta, Kritika among all the other objects.
Star, planets and constellations names are augmented with Western names where Indian names are not there. e.g, Neptune.
These names would be updated in the future as and when discovered.
Built as a derivative of Sky Map, it has all its features.
From the makers of Hindu Calendar.
Hopefully I will find the time to extend it a bit more...
- Save and share images or set as wallpaper
- Manage a list of favorite locations
- Pinch to zoom and button zoom
- Fullscreen mode
- Portrait and landscape orientation
- Choose gradients
- History navigation buttons
- Change parameters, number of iterations
- RenderScript calculations (for Honeycomb & ICS)
- Designed for both phone & tablet
We designed this application to have a simple UI and to save the entire screen for the image:
one finger move
pinch to zoom
two finger rotate
To bring you the infinite on your mobile device, we have set the application to render the image in stages. We are confident it is the fastest, most responsive Mandelbrot viewer available on any mobile device (and might we add *prettiest*). We welcome you to enjoy it firsthand.
Save the image with your device’s screen capture and you can share it with your friends or use it as an interesting wallpaper!
The more black space there is in the image, the longer it may take to load each stage of the image. Black space represents an area that has not escaped the Mandelbrot set...and it takes a few extra seconds for a processor to calculate. So to speed up the image stages, move to areas with more color.
The application currently has a maximum magnification of 2 X 10^13. If you magnified normal life that many times you could see deep into the nucleus of an atom with your eyes!!!
"Countries Location Maps Quiz" is a geographical test, that allow you to check your knowledge of the political maps of the world!
You've probably hear on television about different countries scattered around the world and wondering "where it actually is?" Can you find Benin on the map of Africa? Are you able to distinguish between Dominica and Dominican Republic? Install this app and learn new knowledge.
Test yourself by comparing your score with the best ranked online.
- 10 levels of difficulty,
- at every level there are countries from different regions of the world (Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia, Middle East, Oceania, Central America and Caribbean)
- learning mode without time pressure,
- ranking of the top players,
- beautiful graphics.
Your score is sum points from all levels.
Names of countries are available in 43 languages (depending on the language setting on the phone).
This geographical test includes European, Asian, American, African and Oceania countries - all countries of the world.
Geography is a field you like? If so, this political maps trivia, will help you for sure!
Page on Facebook:
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
The calculations are of a high enough accuracy for almost all amateur astronomy applications.
Due to the fact that astronomy is often best when far from civilization where mobile signal may not always be reliable. Therefore, this app is (almost) completely self-contained and does not require any internet connection for most of the information available. The only exceptions to this are the SOHO solar images and NGC/IC, Messier, Caldwell and Binary star images and weather forecast which are loaded dynamically, as well as the refreshing of satellite, comet and near-earth asteroid data.
Night mode turns the display red for night observations without having to ruin your night vision.
The Sky Map makes use of the direction sensors of the device to show the sky above (or below you). Most of the features can be toggled in the settings. The Sky Map also allows you to turn on the device's camera to see the view behind the device with the sky map superimposed over it.
The direction sensors of the device may need to be calibrated if the map appears to be pointing in the wrong direction. To calibrate the device's sensors wave the device in a figure-8 pattern. If the direction is still off, then the direction calibration can be adjusted manually by changing the setting in the Settings screen.
The observation log, allows you to save observations in the applications, as well as manage a list of astronomical equipment and observing locations. This equipment is also available for use in the Telescope Calculator.
Most of the data screens have an option to share the data via email, or other similar apps able to accept HTML content.
The Astronomical Time is also available as a Home screen widget. To use the widget, the app needs to be installed onto the internal storage instead of the SD card, otherwise it will not be available.
The Russian translation of the application is courtesy of Lirvux.
Some permissions are required for correct functioning of the app:
Location - used to determine user location throughout the app
Camera/Microphone - used to allow camera background in skymap. The microphone is never used but this permission is bundled with camera.
Photos/Media/Files - used to allow proper functioning of the full screen images and caching of images
Network access - used to do online searches, and downloading comet, asteroid and satellite data, object images and geocoding.
The app is jam-packed with features:
- Observe the sky with the skymap, planisphere, aurora forecast, polar finder, weather forecast, daylight map, Moon and Mars maps, SOHO images, Jupiter and Saturn's moons, Moon and Sun calendars and what's up.
- Detailed object information on the planets, constellations, comets, exoplanets, meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, satellites, as well as the full NGCIC, Caldwell, Messier, 6th catalog of Visual Binary Stars by the USNO and General Catalog of Variable Stars catalogs, as well as a SIMBAD search.
- Calculate angular separation, atmospheric refraction, magnitude, coordinate conversions, visual limiting magnitude, precession, redshift, and telescope airy disc, f-ratio and magnification
- Astronomical references, glossary, HR diagram and stellar classification.
- Astrophotography tools for exposure time, CCD resolution, Untracked exposure time and optimal f-ratio.
- Emphemerides for eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions and oppositions, the sun, moon and planets
- Observation log
- Astronomical time
Currently support following fractals:
- Burning Ship aka "Absolute" Mandelbrot
- Perpendicular Burning Ship aka "Absolute Imaginary" Mandelbrot
- Perpendicular Mandelbrot aka "Absolute Real" Mandelbrot
Currently support following color schemes:
- Standard (classical fractal coloring)
- Cosmos (B/W colors used in old 1980's magazines)
- Reverse (similar to standard)
- Several cyclic (B/W, Fire, Ice, Turquoise)
- Retro (colors used in 1990's PC's)
- None (educational scheme used to see the fractal itself)
Application contain several "Touristic Areas" where you can discover strange and mysterious treasures.
Application is under GPL and full source code is available at github.
Whats new in version 1.1:
- Export wallpaper
- If there is no hardware menu button present, the menu is bind to back button
Whats new in version 1.2:
- Lower target Android version to 3.0
- New coloring schemes
- Completely remove Math.abs()
Whats new in version 1.3:
- New fractal type - Perpendicular Mandelbrot
- Add new touristic destinations
- Make rendering faster
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
Just point to the sky and know the Indian (Sanskrit) and International name of the star, constellation, planet, star cluster, rashi or nakshatra
Contains all major stars, constellations, planets, rashis and nakshatras
Includes manual mode - Browse the entire sky without going outside
Includes time travel - See the Sky in Past or Future
Also contains Messier Objects, major Nebulae, Galaxies, Star Clusters, etc.
Includes Search - Let the app guide you to the position of the astronomical body of your choice in sky
Other Features - Automatic Location Detection, Night Mode, Meteor Showers, RA/Dec Grid, Zoom, etc.
Contains Gallery - Beautiful photos and Sky positions of major Nebulae, Galaxies, Planets, Star Clusters, Hubble Deep Field, etc.
Includes Indian (Sanskrit) names of all major stars, constellations and star clusters along with their International names.