PDF materials will be automatically organised into separate directories by module within the 'Download' folder - particularly useful on a tablet device to aid study while travelling/commuting. Clicking on a download link a second time will open the previously downloaded file rather than download a duplicate copy, reducing mobile data usage.
A student login for the Open University website is required!!!
PLEASE NOTE: This application is NOT endorsed or supported by The Open University in any way. I am a student studying with The Open University and created this application as a personal project.
Your log-in information is used only for the purpose of logging into the Open University site. All of your details are totally removed from the application on logging out.
Please leave feedback if you find my application useful or have suggestions for new features!
Courses – View your course schedules in Ozone and access course resources in D2L.
Janux – Access Janux course resources.
Directory – Search for people.
Campus Map – Find your way around campus and easily locate Severe Weather Locations.
Bus Schedule – View current arrival/departure information for CART routes.
Feedback – Submit your ideas to OU administration.
Safety – Locate safety resources and information.
Coursera connects you with free online courses from 115+ of the top universities and educational institutions in the world including Stanford, Yale, Princeton and others. Browse our catalog, join courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors. Learn anytime, anywhere, in topics ranging from computer science to cooking and beyond.
Take free courses in subjects such as:
• Computer Programming, including Java, Android Apps and Python languages
• Data Science
• Entrepreneurship, Business, and Leadership
• Finance, Accounting, and Economics
• Machine Learning and Gamification
• Mathematics, including Calculus and Statistics
• Project Management
...and hundreds more.
Download Coursera to make education on your schedule: watch short, modular lectures during your commute, coffee break, or any time of your day.
• Learn from top instructors representing more than 115 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
• Browse over 800 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
• On-Demand courses, which let you learn at your own pace
• Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing
• Join courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
• Easily pick up where you left off in a course, from the Coursera.org website seamlessly to the mobile app
• Verified Certificates, which prove your course accomplishments, can be supplementarily purchased on Coursera.org
• Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian
• Subtitles available in all courses' native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available
Some of our most popular courses include:
• An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice)
• An Introduction to Operations Management (UPenn, Wharton School of Business)
• Algorithms (Princeton)
• Android Programming (University of Maryland and Vanderbilt)
• Cryptography (Stanford)
• Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship (University of Maryland)
• Machine Learning (Stanford)
• Model Thinking (University of Michigan)
• Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (Case Western Reserve)
• Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan)
• R Programming (Johns Hopkins)
• The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Johns Hopkins)
• Think Again: How to Reason and Argue (Duke)
• Social Psychology (Wesleyan)
On-Demand allows for ultimate learning flexibility in courses such as:
• Age of Jefferson (UVA)
• Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life (Edinburgh)
• Child Nutrition and Cooking (Stanford)
• Chinese for Beginners (Peking University)
• Competitive Strategy (LMU)
• Introduction to Sustainable Development (Columbia)
• Introduction to Public Speaking (Wesleyan)
• Calculus One (The University of Ohio)
• Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher (Relay Graduate School of Education)
• Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)
Download the Coursera app today and keep learning without limits.
Now get early access to the next version of Coursera by joining our Android Beta Program! Click here for details: https://beta.coursera.community/hc/en-us.
Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, continue your education, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy has a course to help you get there and get there faster.
When you download the Udemy App, you’ll join over 4,000,000 people who have already made the decision to accelerate their lives by taking a Udemy course.
What can you learn on Udemy?
Udemy’s expert instructors have built thousands of courses on...
✔ Programming (java, python, php, ruby, and more)
✔ Cake Decorating
… and everything in between!
We know you’re busy. And that’s why every course on Udemy is available on demand, 24 / 7, so you can learn when and where you want.
With the Udemy app, you can squeeze in a few lectures on your commute. Or before bed. Or during lunch. Or just whenever you can find the time.
But whatever you do - Don’t Stop Learning!
Install the Udemy app now and start learning something new today.
- You can discover thousands of on-demand, online courses and tutorials.
- You can watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles, and anything inside your course.
- You can watch your course offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT UDEMY?
"Udemy’s online classes give you the freedom to study when and where you like with no time limits. Perfect for a busy entrepreneur like me!"
- (Wayne P.) ★★★★★
"Getting a new career (at my age) can be quite challenging. With Udemy, I’m learning real web development techniques that have helped me make the jump!"
- (Brian M.) ★★★★★
"I got the job! I’m starting a new career in communications, but it’s been tough because I don’t have the hard skills that people are looking for. So I started learning video editing on Udemy... and guess what? Last week I finally landed a video production job!"
- (Qin L.) ★★★★★
My Open Courses videos are accompanied by subject notes, assignments and reference material that will help students to have a complete overview of the subject. Videos are offered in 2 different formats - for low bandwidths as well high speed connections. The videos are compatible with low end Android phones and the application delivers videos based on the mobile hardware.
If the student watching the videos has any doubt with regards to the subject, they can easily ask questions to hundreds of subject matter experts available on the platform. Viewing the videos does not require registration, if you want to ask questions or follow questions asked by other students, a 10 second user registration is required. You can use twitter, facebook, Google or LinkedIn ID to register as well.
Here is the best part - My Open Courses Videos can be downloaded on your mobile as well as Tablet completely free of cost. So, if you dont want to see them streaming but want to view on your Desktop or PC at a later stage you can do that. All the videos after download can be viewed when you are not connected to the internet as well!
My Open Courses is an official partner of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India that aims at bringing education to every student with the use of technology.
My Open Courses currently offers over 11,000 hours of videos categorized over 1300 subjects spread across 25 courses in all.
Here are the various courses offered:
Computer Science and Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Engineering Design, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Material Science, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Textile, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Nanotechnology, Environmental Science, Mining Engineering, Automobile Engineering.
First version of My Open Courses App offers Free Videos, Free questions and answers module, follow questions, Bookmark Videos for later viewing, Video / assignment downloads and more. In future versions, we will soon be launching assignments and Free assessments offered by Industry experts and top academics.
*Frequently Asked Questions:*
1) How does My Open Courses differ from Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx and other?
My Open Courses is launched under the same premise as in case of Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx - that of offering quality education online. But My Open Courses differs in the way where videos and course material offered completely adheres to standard curriculum of Engineering, Management and other streams. On the other hand Khan Academy, MIT Open Courseware, and others have more of vocational subjects which may not be part of actual student curriculum.
How will MOC help students?
MOC will be of tremendous help to students in their existing studies and will help them get better marks. Students don't need to worry anymore about missing their classes at their School or College. They will have best academic minds teaching them on their mobile devices.
How can you offer these videos completely free of cost?
We are official partners of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India allowing us to freely distribute the videos!
We now offer certifications through our partner www.millionlights.org
Free Video Courses, Educational Videos, higher education videos, online certification, millionlights
• Learn programming ( Linux, Python, Java, C+ , Scratch & more) from Harvard & MIT professors.
• Take college classes in Business, Statistics, Nutrition, Health, AI, Big Data, Cybersecurity, & Robotics.
• Prep for AP biology, physics & math exams.
• Get training & tutorials in Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Expand your mind with classes on Happiness & Alien Worlds.
• Sign up online at edX.org and then use this mobile companion app to watch free video lectures on the go.
• Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
• Download videos to watch anytime
• View course announcements and handouts
• Follow along course videos with closed captions
• Education and tutorials on your schedule
edX is non profit offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to students, teachers, homeschoolers, high school students preparing for college, anyone looking to improve skills for professional and continuing education. Anyone who wants a free education & loves learning will enjoy watching classes and tutorials in this free learning app.
Get mobile access to over 300 courses in subjects like:
Business and Management
English Composition and Language
High School Math
Programming (Python, Linux, Java)
Preparation for AP Exams
"Learning on the go! Beautiful design, clean, easy to use. The ability to download lectures and view offline is just great if you want to study during a commute. I really enjoyed this app and the effort that was put into making it. This works smoothly and seamlessly as compare to other online course apps I have tried. Flawless experience across platform."
-(Vishal G.) ★★★★★
There are more than 60 edX courses available on the edX mobile app, with more being added each day.
Courses available on the edX app:
• Harvard University – Introduction to Computer Science
• Boston University – Preparing for the AP* Physics1 Exam
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam Part 2: Populations
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 2: Electricity and Magnetism
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – The Road to Selective College Admissions
• McGill University – Natural Disasters
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 3: Evolution and Diversity
• School Yourself – Introduction to Algebra
• School Yourself – Introduction to Geometry
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
• California Institute of Technology – Pricing Options with Mathematical Models
• Georgetown University – Preparing for the AP* Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Part 1
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Chemistry Exam – Part 1
• Weston High School – On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
• Delft University of Technology – Pre-University Calculus
• UC Berkeley – The Beauty and Joy of Computing (CS Principles), Part 1
• UC Berkeley – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Level Up! Part 1
• Boston University – Alien Worlds: The Science of Exoplanet Discovery and Characterization
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 2: Genetics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 3: Optics and Modern Physics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam – Part 3: Pollution and Resources
• MIT – Circuits and Electronics
• Delft University of Technology – Solar Energy
• MIT – A Global History of Architecture – Part 1
Udacity courses are taught by industry experts from Facebook, Google, Cloudera and MongoDB.
Our classes range from teaching you the very basics of programming, to more advanced courses that help you make sense of data.
Enjoy our courses in the comfort of your own home, solve a programming problem at a coffee shop or answer short quizzes in the park. Udacity for Android is the learning experience that fits into your lifestyle.
We have classes in:
• Applied Cryptography
• Artificial Intelligence for Robotics
• College Algebra
• Computer Networking
• Data Analysis with R
• Data Wrangling with MongoDB
• Design of Computer Programs
• Developing Android Apps
• Developing Scalable Apps with Java
• Differential Equations in Action
• Functional Hardware Verification
• HTML5 Game Development
• How to Build a Startup
• How to Use Git and GitHub
• Interactive 3D Graphics
• Intro Algebra Review
• Intro to Algorithms
• Intro to Artificial Intelligence
• Intro to Computer Science
• Intro to Data Science
• Intro to Descriptive Statistics
• Intro to HTML and CSS
• Intro to Hadoop and MapReduce
• Intro to Inferential Statistics
• Intro to Java Programming
• Intro to Parallel Programming
• Intro to Physics
• Intro to Point & Click App Development
• Intro to Psychology
• Intro to Statistics
• Intro to Theoretical Computer Science
• Intro to the Design of Everyday Things
• Machine Learning: Reinforcement Learning
• Machine Learning: Supervised Learning
• Machine Learning: Unsupervised Learning
• Make Your Own 2048
• Mobile Web Development
• Programming Foundations with Python
• Programming Languages
• Software Debugging
• Software Development Life Cycles
• Software Testing
• Tales from the Genome
• UX Design for Mobile Developers
• Visualizing Algebra
• Web Development
• Website Performance Optimization
+ 44 Lession included Audios and Images.
+ Text transcript included.
+ Listen and Answer the Questions.
+ Practics English Every day.
You can use this app to Listen English and Practice everyday. You must dowwnload and listen it later and you can use it offline without network. This application is the best app for listen english and english conversations. You can listen and repeat english in very lession. I hope your english is better and speak english good.
With many titles and questions in this courses.
I hope that it useful. Thanks you.
Find Free Online University Courses is a resource app that breaks barriers to education by reaching millions of learners around the world, providing links to free education courses and resources from top universities**.
We've rounded up some of the top course providers so that you can search for free online courses in the learning categories which include: -
- Biology & Life Sciences
- Business & Management
- Computer Science
- Economics & Finance
- Energy & Earth Sciences
- Food and Nutrition
- Health & Society
- Information, Tech & Design
- Music, Film, and Audio
- Physical & Earth Sciences
- Social Sciences
- and more
We desire to make learning accessible to all so we invite you to use our app to find online courses from some of the best learning institutions in the world.
Search the links for courses from top universities**, including but not limited to: -
Harvard University (USA)
Princeton University (USA)
Columbia University (USA)
Standford University (USA)
University College London (UK)
University of Cambridge (UK)
University of Oxford (UK)
Australian National University (AUS)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
We've also included resources from platforms that provide courses that are accredited for college credit and are taken for skill development and self-improvement. Learning Skills like Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and more.
"Genius without education is like silver in the mine." - Benjamin Franklin
**We have no affiliation to any of the learning institutions and provide this service as a convenience
*Logos and trademarks belong to individual institutions and we make no reference to ownership of any kind
Do you want to learn from these resources on the go from your smartphone or tablet?
Do you feel a need for a application to take notes while viewing your favorite videos, organize and make them accessible?
If yes, then meet Grace: Your mobile application for learning what you love - anywhere . anytime - Enabling the Genius in you.
Using Grace you can use rich pool of online videos from Youtube to learn / get inspired, simultaneously take notes and maintain them on your Google Drive account.
Learn from the best Universities, organizations, teachers and leaders in the world such as Marakana, Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseware, Google, Stanford, Oxford and numerous others based on your interest and area of study.
Learn business, mathematics, learn medicine, learn computer science - learn what you love. There is something to learn for everyone.
1.Take courses from leading teachers from best universities across the globe - Powered by Youtube Edu.
2.University, Primary and Secondary education courses
3. Khan Academy video tutorials
4.Learn anything by using Youtube Topic search to discover interesting videos and channels
5.Video player with Captions / subtitles
6.Favorites support for videos, courses and lectures.
7.Take notes for videos you watch and access them online - powered by Google Drive.
8.Easy access to Wikipedia - integrated direct wikipedia look up for topics from videos.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY VALUABLE
Please share your your valuable feedback and ideas through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on Google+ Community Page:
TED's official Android app presents bold, new thought leadership from education radicals, tech geniuses, medical mavericks, business gurus, music legends and other remarkable minds. Find thousands of inspiring TED Talks: videos to feed your curiosity, explore innovative concepts and expand your world -- updated regularly.
• View the entire TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 90 languages.
• Play on your device or send to your home entertainment system via Chromecast or with Android TV.
• Discover in-depth playlists curated by topic.
• Let us build you a custom playlist -- tailored to your time frame.
• Bookmark talks to watch later.
• Download talks to watch when you are offline.
• Listen to an on-demand playlist of TED Talks audio.
• Sort talks by tag, date or popularity.
• Share favorites with your friends.
• Get notifications of new talks.
Learn from over 1000 videos created by our expert teachers on web design, coding, business, and much more. Our library is continually refreshed with the latest on web design & development so you'll never fall behind.
Practice what you've learned through quizzes and interactive Code Challenges. This method of practice will allow you to retain information you've learned so you can apply it to your own future projects.
You'll earn badges as you journey through our extensive library of topics. These badges are an indicator of what skills you currently possess and are viewable by anyone (even recruiters from big companies!).
What people are saying about GradeStack -
1. Top rated app for learning programming on your android device - Emmanuel Lund
2. Amazing app Very good interface and very good content under each topic. One of my favourites. - Akanksha Kumar (1 Dec '14)
3. Useful app I've found this app very useful and explanations are great deal for java learners. - Cliff Mayer (17 Dec '14)
Find great study tips, tutorials, questions, discussions, quizzes, flash cards and what you are learning. Each course comes with required study material and practice tests to bolster your prep and get you the feel of the real exam. These courses are prepared by experts and renowned publishers. GradeStack makes learning fun and social - Share what you learn with your friends, ask questions, post answers and discuss.
GradeStack is available on all your devices. Learn with the interactive courses by GradeStack, learn on the go on your mobile, your tablets and on your computer by visiting www.gradestack.com
Some of the courses available on GradeStack -
1. GRE Complete Study Guide
2. CFA Level 1 Prep
3. IBPS PO Exam Prep by Career Power
4. SSC Prep - Complete Course
5. Complete CAT Prep
6. CA-CPT Prep
7. Java Programming Language … and many more all in one app
8. CBSE Course - Class 8, 9, 10 and 11
9. Dr Bhatia's complete PG Study Guide
10. IT Specialist Officer Course by Career Power
11. Learn Java
And 100s of other courses and tutorials...
Access to some of the courses is available only after subscription
The study guides on GradeStack are built to help you crack the exam of your choice, learn the skill that helps you more up in career.
Learn how to crack the exams of your choice the GradeStack way, get the edge in your preparation !
The guide covers the basic of Python Programming so that the learners will have enough knowledge to create some simple and productive application.
The guide is sorted based on the following topics:
- For Loop
- While Loop
- the complexity of characters, as an average character consists of about 12 strokes;
- matching characters with their pronunciation, pinyin and the meaning;
This new version of Chinese Characters First Steps tackles these two challenges on one screen to help you learn, recognize and remember the most frequently used 400 plus characters in a systematic, friendly and fun way. Rather than having a textbook, audio device, dictionary and a notebook to write, you get the stroke-by-stroke writing, the native-speaker pronunciation, pinyin, English definition and instructions in one interactive experience.
These 400 plus characters are introduced in the Open University's Beginners' Chinese module
第一步 Dì yī bù (L197) and drawn from the most commonly and frequently used word list published by the Ministry of Education of PRC (China). By combining them, you will learn a further 230+ useful words and phrases. For example, you learn the three single-character words for 'red' (红 hóng), 'green' (绿lǜ) and 'light' (灯dēng), which put together make up the word 'traffic lights', which you will find in one of the word search puzzles.
There are 20 lessons which chronologically build upon each other.
Each lesson has 4 sections:
- Writing Practice
- Listening Test
- Reading Test
- Word Search
The first five lessons with characters and related activities are included free to give you a taste of what this app can do. The other 15 lessons are available via in-app purchase for a total of £1.49 by tapping the 'upgrade' button.
This app uses Google Analytics to allow The Open University to gather anonymous statistical data on how the app is used. The data is used for academic research only.
No personal or device information is gathered.
By installing this app you give consent to The open University to use Google Analytics in the manner stated above.
Now’s your chance to find out with this free app from The Open University.
Create a PhotoFit of yourself, your friends or take our celebrity challenge and re-create the face of a famous person. You can share your Photofit with friends and view it in the gallery.
Scroll through the choices of eyes, noses, mouths, hair, jaws and even facial hair and spectacles, then using simple sliders you can even reshape each feature to make them wider, higher and adjust their position on the face as well as change the skintone.
By seeing how tricky it is to create an accurate PhotoFit, piecing together the face like a jigsaw, you’ll appreciate why The Open University has helped the police to develop a new system to describe suspects. This innovative approach uses the whole of the face reflecting the way our brains work – making it easier to recall individual faces.
Want to learn more? The Open University’s ‘Introducing the Social Sciences course’ is a great place to start. It’s an ideal introduction to psychology, social policy, criminology and other fascinating areas.
We’ve taken five tasks from the world of psychology research and turned them into quick, fun, mobile phone/tablet games.
Each game is designed to test a different facet of cognitive ability:
- Super snap (Working memory)
- Track (Split attention)
- React (Vigilance)
- Spin (Spatial processing)
- Hotspot (Learning)
By playing the games, you will build up a profile of your performance across the day—your ‘Brainwave’—charting how your cognitive performance varies across the day and finally answering whether you are actually a ‘morning’ or ‘evening’ person.
Your scores will also be anonymised and uploaded to the research team at The Open University.
Here, they will be combined with scores from all the other users of the app in order to research how circadian rhythms and time-of-day affects cognitive performance
To see whether you are a morning or evening person, download the app now!
By tapping on your chosen book you will be able to access video content from the TV series as well as additional, unseen footage. You will also be able to analyse original pages of manuscript and discover further background material on each book.
Search for the essence of Shakespeare in the First Folio Library with Simon Russell Beale, and find out what this famous book tells us about how his plays were written.
Let Dr Alice Roberts be your guide in the Frankenstein Cellar, and discover why Mary Shelley might not have been the only person to have had a hand in ‘creating the monster’.
Join Cerys Matthews in the Mabinogion Annex to discover folk tales with the wildest plotlines and most incredible characters and explore the story of who created it.
Visit Great Expectations Corner with Tony Jordan, chief screenwriter with EastEnders for 15 years, to uncover why Charles Dickens gave Pip a happy ending.
Meet Bidisha in the Jane Eyre Study, to delve into a text that may be darker and more disturbing than you’d first thought.
Enter the Mrs Dalloway Reading Room, and discover Virginia Woolf’s journey towards creating her great modernist novel in the company of Alexandra Harris.
So grab your magnifying glass, and let’s get started.
A BBC Open University Partnership.
This app that has been developed by child psychologists and other specialists at The Open University enables young children to take part in fun games which can help develop interests and skills that will be relevant to them when they start to read.
TalkFactory displays six ‘rules for talking’ which can be edited by the teacher to support the needs of their class. Three are positive, or desirable, features of discussion (e.g. ‘explains reasons’ and ‘explains disagreement’) and three are negative, or undesirable features of discussion (e.g. ‘interrupts others’). The teacher/pupil can tap on a rule in real time every time a pupil follows it during a discussion.
TalkFactory includes a bar graph which represents the taps on each of the rules. It also includes a sum of desirable and undesirable events, and a timeline. These features can be used by the teacher and the children to evaluate how well their discussion adheres to the rules for talking.
The app can be used in the classroom or outdoors during fieldtrips, for example. For more information and to download a version of TalkFactory for use on an interactive whiteboard, visit http://www.talkfactory.uk
Move the dot onto an aerial photo of the area and that's it the tree is mapped.
You can then measure the tree size and identify it, this information is used to automatically calculate the ecosystem services.
The system also allows you to add lots more information about the tree such as pests and diseases, tree condition, pavement damage etc
All the information is searchable.
If the information has already been added then you can see the identity and other information about trees in your local area.
Get together with friends to turn your town into an arboretum!