Active 10 is a free and easy to use walking app that tracks your walking and shows you how you can increase your intensity to benefit your health. The app is designed to support you every step of the way to increase your daily level of physical activity, with simple and achievable milestones and rewards along the way.
* Tracks all your walking and how many minutes were brisk
* Rewards every brisk minute achieved throughout the day, so perfect for those starting from low levels of activity
* Promotes goal setting to help keep you motivated and help you progress
* Store and view up to 12 months of your walking activity, to see how far you have come
* Discover loads of hints and tips on achieving a healthier lifestyle
BRISK WALKING BENEFITS YOUR HEALTH
We all know how important it is to be active. The good news is you don’t have to go to the gym or start expensive fitness programmes, walking counts too!
Just ten minutes of brisk walking every day can get your heart pumping and can make you feel more energetic, as well as lowering your risk of serious illnesses like heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Going for a brisk walk is a great way to clear your head and improve your mood.
Active 10s are simple to fit into your day. From taking the dog out to going for a lunchtime walk there are lots of opportunities to introduce brisk walking into your daily routine.
This app relies on your phone’s inbuilt sensors to measure your activity so you may experience varying levels of accuracy especially in older devices/operating systems. To improve accuracy, keep your phone in a pocket close to your body rather than in a loose coat pocket or bag.
If you have any feedback on how we can improve the app please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/active10/faqs