Where's the bus? - FREE gives information about buses that will soon be arriving at bus stops near you and allows you a set a reminder for a particular bus number.
Where's the bus? - FREE adds the ability to set a reminder to standard TFL Countdown features such as finding a stop near you, viewing your favourite and recent departure stops, live departure boards showing when the next bus will arrive, searching for stops by name, post code or route number - all wrapped up in a convenient FREE app.
UPDATE 27/12/2011: Added on screen buttons, such as to set a reminder.
Currently operates in London only.
To set a reminder - choose to add a reminder for a bus route from the options menu that appears when you press the menu button. The app will monitor/track the progress of your bus to the stop and notify you when the bus is about to arrive, including if you stop using the phone and lock the screen.
To cancel a reminder - choose "Cancel Reminder" from the options menu that appears when you press the menu button. Thanks to those who provided feedback requesting this feature.
If you like the FREE version, why not give the full version a try?
The full version includes features such as:
- a home screen widget showing your nearest favourite stop, have the information you need right at your finger tips, on your home screen
- favourite destinations with proximity alerts so you don't miss your stop to get off at
- to quickly set a reminder, no need to type the bus number
- to remember each reminder so you can quickly set the same reminder again next time
- to set a reminder for several buses, where for example 3 of the 8 buses at the stop would be fine for your journey
- to plan your bus journey from the current location, by typing in your destination
- to plan your bus journey from the current location, by marking/pinpointing your destination on a map
- to view live bus departures information for the route chosen as a result of using the journey planner
- to set a reminder for the buses serving the route chosen as a result of using the journey planner
- to view the bus stops along the route chosen as a result of using the journey planner
- to track your progress along the route chosen as a result of using the journey planner whilst on the bus to help determine where to get off the bus
The full version is packed with features to make getting around by bus easy, whether it's searching for a route, finding the bus stop to get on at, or the get off at, or finding out when your bus will arrive.
Is there a feature you'd like to suggest? Please do drop me an email (email@example.com) or post a review with your suggestion to let me know.