DiffIt! Free calculates and explains derivatives of mathematical functions.
Type in a mathematical function and DiffIt! Free will differentiate it. What's more it can even tell you how it arrived at the result. The explanation traces all the steps and also tells you which rules have been applied.
This easy to use tool can help you learn how to find derivatives of most common functions.
Functions supported are:
sin cos tan
asin acos atan
sec cosec cot
sinh cosh tanh
asinh acosh atanh
sech csch coth
ln log log2
DiffIt! Free is ad supported. If you like this app and you want to get rid of the advertising, please support us and purchase the full version called DiffIt!
Changes in version 1.1.4
- fixed empty input bug
- fixed parsing bug; invalid expressions are detected more reliably
- modified parsing rules; sin(x)^2 will now be interpreted as (sin(x))^2
Note that sin x^2 is now also interpreted as (sin(x))^2, you need to write sin(x^2) for alternative interpretation.
Changes in version 1.1.3
- improved button design
- back button and Action Bar works according to guidelines
Changes in version 1.1.1
- Fixed linkage error
Changes in version 1.1.0
- Improved parsing "sin x" is now an acceptable abbreviation of "sin(x)"
- Added help text and complete a reference of differentiation rules
- Fixed welcome dialog bug
- Improved expression simplification