CARL, "Call, Action, Response, Learn" - Is an app promoting safety within the business for Colas Rail Employees and its third party contractors.
The app provides the ability to;
- Log and submit Close Calls, Safety Conversations, Safety Inspections, Best Practice, Vehicle Inspections & Innovation Ideas.
- View all the Colas Rail lifesaving rules.
When to raise a Close Call?
- Whenever you consider a situation to be unsafe – Unsafe act or Unsafe condition.
- To use the information to learn from situations and to prevent similar occurrences.
CARL App Disclaimer
This application is owned and licensed by Colas Rail and must only be used by workers operating in all cases under Colas Rail’s safety case.
By using the application, you acknowledge this notice and you agree that:
• it is your personal obligation to correctly report accidents and incidents – this application is not a replacement for common sense reporting especially relating to serious incidences;
• abuse of the application and incorrect reporting endangers lives and may carry criminal sanctions; and
• this application may only be used to report “close-calls” and must not in any circumstances be used to report serious accidents – the normal reporting processes for such must continue to be followed.
If you have any doubt over any of the points made in this notice, please do not use the application but rather seek advice from your local Health & Safety Advisors.