The Mobile Banking app from the Cumberland allows our personal and business Internet Banking customers to:
- quickly view your account balances without logging on using our Balance Peek feature
- view the balances of all current accounts, savings accounts and mortgages
- search the recent transactions of current accounts and savings accounts
- transfer money between your current accounts and savings accounts
- manage your Direct Debits
- make payments to existing payees (not including some business users)
- communicate with us securely within the app via message
- register your overseas travel plans to allow your debit card to be used abroad
- send up to £500 per day to another person or business using just their mobile phone number with our Pay2Mobile* service. You can also receive payments from others using just your mobile number
* Pay2Mobile is part of Paym; a national payments service which connects the current accounts and mobile phone numbers of over 40 million customers of the participating banks and building societies.
We will not charge you to use our Mobile Banking app, although use may incur data use charges from your network provider.
The app is compatible with, though not optimised, for tablets.
Terms & Conditions apply
Go to http://www.cumberland.co.uk/mobile to apply for a Cumberland current account online.
If you already have a Cumberland current account and wish to use Internet and Mobile Banking and Pay2Mobile, contact us via https://www.cumberland.co.uk/about/contact.
Paym and the Paym logo are registered trademarks and used under licence from Payments Council Limited (or its successors in title).
SAFE & SECURE USE OF OUR APP
Our app has been designed to protect you and your money. If you are ever an innocent victim of fraud as a result of your use of it, we will fully reimburse the money taken from your account, but you must also take all precautions we recommend to ensure that your devices are secure and that your personal details are kept safe:
1. Check that your mobile device is sufficiently protected against the risk of downloading malware (malicious software) or viruses.
2. Always PIN-protect your mobile device and do not store your Passcode on it. Always log out of, or navigate away from, the app when you have finished using it.
3. Avoid using public Wi-Fi and disable Bluetooth when using the app.
4. Only ever download the app from the official app stores we have approved.
5. Do not install the app on jailbroken devices (i.e. a handset which has had its default operating system restrictions removed).
6. If you believe that your Passcode is known by another person you should change it immediately using the 'I forgot my Passcode' function in the app.
7. Do not allow anyone else to store their fingerprint(s) on your phone for use in logging onto apps. For security reasons and to ensure the safety of Touch ID within the App, you should store your own fingerprint(s) only.
8. Do not share you mobile device with others as without the need to login, the balance peek functionality is still available meaning that account balances may be visible to third parties if the device is not used securely.
We recommend that you take the following precautions to protect yourself if you lose your phone:
1. Treat your mobile device like your wallet - keep it safe at all times.
2. Make a note of your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. This will allow your operator to disable your phone. Type *#06# into your handset to get your IMEI number.
3. Register your phone on the Immobilise National Property Register (www.immobilise.com) - there’s a better chance of you being reunited with your mobile device if it is recovered.
4. Advise us immediately if you lose your mobile device by calling our Customer Service Team. You should also contact your mobile network service provider immediately.