Neighbouroo is Ireland's Community Neighbourly App.
Our aim is to connect neighbourhoods all across Ireland and to be Ireland's first social neighbourly network.
We want our neighbours to know each other's names and connect directly through our app. Our society is becoming more and more fragmented and isolated. We want to restart the old over fence conversation online.
Neighbouroo also offers a crime prevention service for members within its communities. Members are kept informed of any suspicious activity and can also inform each other instantly via post or private message.
In every Neighbourhood we have businesses listed for free if they offer discounts to our members. Simply when asking for the bill show your app and get the discount the business is offering.
Once you have signed up as a member with Neighbourly you can do things like:
- Join as many Neighbourhoods as you like
- Join as many special interest and charity groups as you like
- Join as many sports clubs as you like
- Plan a street party
- Follow our Neighbouroo Book club
- Follow our Neighbouroo Cooking club
- Post a story, allow comments and even watch live stream videos
- Make friends instantly by searching members by name and send friend requests
- Members can upload video and photos and links to external sites
- Get local discounts with our neighbourly card and app
- As a business owner add your business or service to our neighbourly offers app
- Alert your community to a spate of vehicle break-ins
- Create check ins and hashtags to track things like volunteer clean ups and "Garryvoe beach dog bin emptied 3.40pm"
- Share a photo of a visiting dog to locate owner
- Discuss what impact Local Council plans will have on the neighbourhood
- Recommend a trustworthy local mechanic
- Ask when the roadworks down by the local park will be complete
- Grab the contact details of a good local babysitter
- Find out which cafe in the area has the best Eggs Benedict
- Share sporting cancellations and updates
- Sell an unused sofa
- Let neighbours know mail has been stolen
- Ask if anyone can loan a ladder for an hour
- Organise a neighbourhood watch group
- Ask for times of the walking school bus
- Discuss local charities and how to get involved
- Get direct contact with your local councillor
- Report and upload images of litter or dumping direct to council site
- Run a poll to see if you can get enough people to an event or concert and collect ticket sales in advance
- Start a petition to get a location cleaned up or apply for planning for street food stalls
- Use your neighbours to test business ideas and run a neighbourly crowd funding campaign all from our app
- Book services like painters, lessons even a spin to the doctor directly with your neighbours on our neighbourly app
- Set up your own thread where your looking for volunteers, ask the community if theres a need for tennis lessons
- Book a home chef to come to your house to show you and a few friends how to cook
- Book cleaners and local help instantly while at the same time supporting your neighbours and neighbourhood
- Test the market for a monthly craft or food day in the local community hall or hotel
- Ask our legal community page advice