Here's to finding your way no matter where you are. Here's to embracing the world around you and daring to explore new places without worrying about getting lost. Here's to having the confidence to live your life, because you always know exactly where you're going.
With HERE, you can plan your journey ahead of time and save a map of your destination right on your phone. With maps for more than a 100 countries around the world, you'll never be lost — even when offline. See exactly where you are and find the best way around with a route planner that shows you driving, public transit and walking options at a glance.
When you're ready to head out, turn-by-turn, voice-guided driving and walk navigation takes you right to your destination — or use our public transit maps and schedules to get around by train or bus. With HERE, your maps are always loaded and ready to use, and you never need to rely on an Internet connection.
HERE makes maps more useful. Find restaurants and shops in your area and browse ratings and reviews from TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet and more to plan your night out. Take a peek inside shopping centers and airports with 3D indoor maps that show you the location of stores, elevators and other facilities. Or meet up with friends using Glympse, a secure, private way of sharing your location that lets them see where you are.
What does HERE give you?
- Voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation that works around the world
- Maps you can save and use offline for more than a 100 countries, including the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Australia and Brazil
- Real-time traffic and incident information for more than 40 countries
- Indoor maps for thousands of shopping centers and airports
- Public transit maps, directions and information for more than 900 cities
- A route planner that shows driving, public transit and walking options so you can quickly compare them
- Your saved places are available on all your devices so you can plan journeys easier
We love feedback, so please send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountain Navigator uses the British Hills Database which contains all the hills and mountains in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Allows you to easily set up filters by distance from your location, height and classification of mountain (Munro, Corbett and Nuttall etc). Includes Marilyns and Humps so the chances are there’s several hills near you, wherever you live.
Mountain Navigator has 4 modes:-
Viewfinder:Hold the phone sideways, point the camera at the mountain you’re interested in and it displays its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Toposcope: Hold the phone flat and all the hills are shown as a toposcope. The higher the mountain, the brighter the dot. Tap on a dot to see its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Nearby Hills:Shows all the nearby hills. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Search. Search for a specific hill, anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Plan. Now you can use any location in the UK without actually being there. Allows you to plan in advance of a trip which hills to climb and which maps you'll need.
Uses the British Hills database (version 13.2), contains all Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Nuttalls, Marilyns, Wainwrights, Birketts, Humps, Arderins, Vandeleur-Lymans, Sims, Furths and County tops.
Ideal for hill walking in The Lake District, the Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Dartmoor, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales or anywhere that has hills.
With more than 30 trails available for free and offline, this is the app you need to unleash your explorer’s spirit and come discover the natural wonders of Madeira Island!
✓ Offline map (OpenStreetMap)
✓ All trails are available offline
✓ Distance, difficulty, duration and altitude of the trail
✓ Trail’s description and photos taken by local hikers
✓ GPS trail on Google maps or OpenStreetMap. Your choice!
✓ GPS pinpoints your position
✓ POI along each trail
✓ Recommended equipment
✓ Directions to get to the trail by car or public transportation
✓Share trails in social networks
✓Custom lists of the routes you want to do (wishlist!) or you've done
✓Safety feature - SOS:
- Sending SMS with your location (GPS coordinates)
- Direct calling to emergency numbers (112 or Civil Protection)
You can also:
- Browse the list or map
- Search by name, keywords or location of the trail
- Filter trails by distance, difficulty or location
* More than 30 trail's including: Rabaçal - 25 Fontes, Queimadas - Caldeirão Verde, Monte - Levada dos Tornos, Pico do Areeiro - Pico Ruivo, Ribeiro Frio - Portela, Caniçal - Ponta de São Lourenço, Encumeada, Calheta, Levada do Rei, Levada dos Maroços and more.
* New trails are added regularly
* Available in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish
Note: By downloading / updating / use / continue using this application you are agreeing to terms and conditions stated in the EULA (End User License Agreement).
Note 2: This application has in-app purchase to view all trails.
*Overview of app:
- A complete rail and subway map of the Tokyo area
- Transit search
- Offline Wi-Fi spot search
- Maps and spot information
- All-in-one route search
- Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- Issue free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Transit search
- Covers all local and express trains, subways, and bullet trains in Japan, including Japan Rail (JR) and Tokyo Metro (subway)
- Search directly from a zoomable interactive map of the Tokyo area
- Save up to 5 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[FREE] Offline Wi-Fi hotspot locator
- You can find over 50,000 free Wi-Fi spots operated by NTT FREE Wi-Fi, FREESPOT, Starbucks, JR-West Free Wi-Fi and Osaka Free Wi-Fi. The spots can be searched offline
- AR mode will tell you the approximate distance and direction to the Wi-Fi spot
- Issue a free 14 day ID/PASS for NTT FREE Wi-Fi (from outside of Japan)
[FREE] Maps and spot information
- Locate your current position on the map using GPS
- Look for places to visit across Japan from a database of four million points-of-interest in English
- A list of attractive must-see sightseeing spots around Tokyo, including Asakusa, Roppongi, Akihabara, Tsukiji, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Ueno, Ebisu and Mt. Fuji is available
[PAID] All-in-one route search
- Provides door-to-door directions and suggests the best mode of transportation for the journey
- Covers all public transportation modes (train, subway, bus, airplane, taxis and ferries)
- For train routes, the app will suggest the most convenient car number for transit and provide platform information. For taxis, it will give a price estimate.
- Turn-by-turn GPS pedestrian navigation available for walking routes
- Train station list
- Save up to 50 recent routes. Details of the routes can be seen even while offline.
[PAID] Train Service Status / Alternative Route Search
- If there is a delay on a train line that is suggested in the route, a notification will alert you. Alternative routes can also be searched where available.
To use full features of the app, please purchase the 7 days or 30 days ticket via In-App-Payments.
With a device running Android OS 4.0 or later, set the following items in "Developer options" initial configuration to operate our app properly.
- Force GPU rendering
- Do not keep activities
- Background process limit
- Show all ANRs
Cellcom Navigator would help you navigate, by car or by foot, in Israel and abroad, to any address or desired location.
Huge locations data base: Yellow Pages, Rest.co.il, Mapa internet data base and thousands of leisure events, constantly updated.
During the voice guided Navigation you will receive alerts for traffic jams and speed cameras. Street names will be part of the voice instructions.
The new version supports 4 languages: Hebrew, English, Russian and Arabic.
- In car and pedestrian full navigation
- Speed cams and jams alerts
- Voice instructions including street names
- Integration with Pango- park and go via your mobile
- Huge POI data base: Yellow Pages, Rest.co.il, events and more
- Languages support: Hebrew, English, Russian and Arabic
- Supporting navigation out of Israel in Europe and North America (Additional fee)
Cellcom Navigator is supported on Cellcom's Android devices.
Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
- Browse open GuardianWitness assignments
- Send us your videos, photos or text for an assignment (requires sign-in)
- Or just send us your stories and features (requires sign-in)
- View other contributions to see what everyone's saying and find inspiration
- Access exclusive GuardianWitness competitions and assignments
- Sign-in with Guardian account
GuardianWitness is supported by EE, the first providers of 4G in Britain, who are transforming the way people share news, information and entertainment. 4G works up to five times faster than 3G so you can upload and download photos, videos and stories much more quickly than on traditional mobile networks.
To ensure that GuardianWitness is a safe place for everyone, every submission will be moderated by our editorial team before it is made public. We reserve the right to reject any submission.