Knitting Buddy isn't your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
MULTIPLE PROJECT SUPPORT: No limit to the number of knitting or crochet projects that you can track. Each project has individualized settings.
ROW COUNTER: Track the current row of your knitting or crochet project. The row numbers are displayed nice and big on the main page. Increase (or decrease) the row number by pushing on an actual "button" on a knit background.
REPEAT COUNTER: Track the current repeat row, and optionally link the repeat counter to the row counter. You can specify the number of repeat rows on the project settings page.
DISPLAY PATTERN: Take a screen shot of your knitting pattern and display it on the main project page. This feature is super handy as it eliminates the need to switch between applications or to carry a paper copy of your pattern.
NEEDLE TRACKER / LOG: Track all of your knitting needles. The log displays US, metric, and UK sizes, and allows you to track needle length, material, type, and whether or not the needle is in use.
PROJECT TIMER: Ever wonder how long it actually takes to complete a knitting or crochet project? Use the project timer to track the time it takes to complete each project. Each project has an individual timer that must be manually started/stopped.
RULER: Tired of carrying a separate ruler for to check your tension? Use the ruler feature to make sure that your tension is just right.
NOTES PAGE: Track all of the project's notes, such as yarn, yarn weight, needles, gauge, and other notes. Please email the developer if you have additional items that you would like to track!
GLOBAL and PROJECT SETTINGS: Completely customize your Knitting Buddy experience. The screen can be tailored to according to your preferences, such as showing or hiding features such as repeat rows, knitting pattern, project timer, and project progress.
TRACK PROGRESS: Set the total number of rows for your knitting project, and Knitting Buddy will track your percent complete.
ADD IMAGES / PHOTOGRAPHS: Take pictures of your project at various phases to remember what the project looked like at various stages. Add notes about each image and view the images directly from the app. You can also add screenshots of your patterns that can be viewed from the project page.
FLASHLIGHT: Turn your devices camera into a flashlight to help find difficult stitches.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION: Remove all of the ads from the application and allows you to change the style of your project theme.
CHANGE PROJECT THEME: Change between the standard buttons and more colorful flowers, hearts, and shamrocks.
KNITTING NEEDLE AND CROCHET HOOK SIZE CHARTS: Convert needle sizes between metric, U.S. sizes, and U.K. sizes and crochet hooks between metric, numeric, and letter.
ABBREVIATIONS: Look up abbreviations commonly used in knitting and crochet patterns.
YARN CHARTS: Helpful data to convert different sizes of yarn.
SOCK CHARTS: Common foot sixes for men, women, and children!
Knitting Buddy is now on Ravelry - become one of Knitting Buddy's Buddies at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-buddys-buddies
English to Dutch Translator: Lara van der Zee
In it's current version you can:
* Create Projects
* Track your Tools
* Track your Yarn
* Track Rows and Repeats
* Reset Counters
* Edit your Projects
If you love Knit Tink, please rate it and leave a review!
This is the early stages of a growing app, which will currently allow you to create up to 3 projects and track your row and repeat counts, as well as project details including: yarn specifics and needle/hook sizes.
* On Screen PDF Reading next to Counter
• 10 different knitting stitch patterns
• All stitch info in the app is available offline - not just links to external sites!
• no ads, no popups
If you enjoy this app, download the full version, with over 70 different stitch patterns, in your kindle app store at
Brought to you by Tara Cousins, fellow lover of all things yarn, published pattern designer, and ebook author.
Circular Knitting Tutorials
How to Join Yarn Circular Knitting
What Is Circular Knitting
Circular Needles vs Double Pointed
How to Pick the Right Size Needles
Circular Knitting Basics
How to Cast On for Circular Knitting
How to Work with Double Pointed Needles
Circular Needle Using Traditional Method
Long Circular Needle Magic Loop Method
How to Work with 2 Circular Needles
How to Do a Garter Stitch in the Round
Stockinette Stitch in the Round
Reverse Stockinette Stitch in the Round
How to Do a 1x1 Ribbing in the Round
How to Do a 2x2 Ribbing in the Round
How to Bind Off in the Round
How to Read Knitting Charts in Round
How to Add a Color Circular Knitting
How to Create False Seams
How to Avoid Jogs Circular Knitting
How to Avoid Jogs When Changing Colors
Distribute Stitches on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round on Circular Needle
How to Join the Round on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round Using Magic Loop
Join the Round Using 2 Circular Needles
How to Knit in the Round Left Handed
How to Decrease on Circular Needles
How to Increase on Circular Needles
Keeping Track of Beginning of the Round
How to Count Rows
How to Fix a Twist
How to Fix Stitches That Are Too Tight
How to Knit a Circular Gauge Swatch
How to Prevent a Twisted Cast On
How to Fix Mistakes
How to Prevent Ladders
Prevent Fix Inside Out Circular Knitting
How to Do Large Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Do Small Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Knit Jogless Stripes in the Round
Easy Beginner Patterns
- Gauge Conversion: Interested in using a different yarn than the pattern calls for? Re-write basic patterns based on YOUR gauge.
- Scarf / Blanket: Design your own scarves, shawls and blankets based on your gauge.
- Button Bands: Your pattern calls for 6 buttons, but you prefer 8. Accurately space buttons with no math.
- Magic Formula: Shorten or lengthen any shaped area of our knitting. Perfect for adjusting sleeve length
- Band Pick Up: If you’ve adjusted the length of your cardigan, calculate how many stitches to pick up for your front bands.
- Dart Formula: Add darts to your sweaters for perfect fit.
- Gather Formula: Increase or decrease stitches evenly across a row.
- Slope Tool: Shape shoulders for better fit.
* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
Gaugefy helps you calculate your gauge easily. It also helps you:
★Adjust your gauge - for the pattern you are working with
★Calculate your end goals -
- How many stitches will you need to get 10 inches with your gauge?
- How wide/long will it be when you work x stitches and y rows?
- How many repeats do you need to get certain length or number of stitches?
Gaugefy helps you with it all.
* In this app, you'll find fabulous ideas about knitting patterns.
* This knitting patterns app is very easy to use.
* Learn how to crochet with these app for knitting patterns and more.
* A listing of knitting patterns projects, free patterns and etc.
* You can view quality knitting patterns patterns in an easy to view format
* This app shows ads related to knitting patterns.
* We hope that you'll enjoy our crochet app.
Under the section "Complete Sampler" you will find a pattern for working the entire 12 stitch sampler. Or, you can simply work each pattern individually by clicking on the numbered icons to learn each of the 12 stitch patterns.
Have fun and enjoy this free app brought to you by Tara Cousins and www.cutekidscrochet.com!
If you enjoyed this app, check out the other Vintage Knits Apps, full of many more vintage knitting patterns, brought to you ad-free for only .99 each.
The App allows you to keep the following information with every project:
- Size (Shoe size for socks e.g.)
- How many stitches
- Needles used
- Who got the finished item?
- Keep a picture for your memories
Free/Lite version is ad based, the full version can be purchased by clicking on the top/right menu, and then "purchase" -- the full version does not have any ads.
In particular, it allows you to do the following:
* Viewing and updating projects, including upload of photos
* Using unlimited row counters per project
* Viewing your queue, and starting a project or deleting a queue item
* Viewing your needles and hooks
* Viewing your favorite projects and patterns (from a project/pattern details page, you can mark new ones as favorites)
* Accessing patterns and queueing them or starting new photos based on a pattern incl. thumbnail creation
* Accessing projects, queue, favorites, etc. from a friends details page
* Accessing all your ravelry friends
* Accessing your library of patterns
* Accessing friends updates
* Allowing to search for yarns, patterns or other people's projects
* Accessing your stash incl. upload of pictures, and stashing right from a yarn page
* Accessing your subscribed ravelry forums and writing forum posts
* Accessing your personal messages and replying to messages
* Browsing local yarn stores, or from a different location
* Access hot right now patterns right from your home screen using one of the widget (small, medium, large)
Discussion Forum: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/stash2go/2948784/
While accumulating a variety of supplies is inevitable, that doesn't mean you’re craft room has to get messy.
There are plenty of tips and tricks knitters can use to ensure their yarn stash and knitting collections stay nice and tidy.
With this group of 74 reader-submitted tips, you'll find practical storage solutions that every knitter, beginner and advanced, can use.
Here's a sneak-peak of the content you will receive inside this app:
In the event that you need to hop on the knitting bandwagon, this step by step pictorial, geared for beginners, should start you on your way to a lifetime of knitting. Numerous stitches exist, however you are using the knit stitch to start. The whole cause of this very elementary knitting lesson is to teach the basics of casting on, knitting a row, and then casting off.
Get your knitting needles and yarn and get prepared to learn how to knit!!!
How to knit…
Act now, it’s free..!!
Note: - This Is Content - Only App. It provides you information regarding knitting tips.
This application features:
- Voice Control
- Set maximum number for rows and repetitions
- Keep track of the needles or Hooks used
- Save notes about a project
- Save several counters for different projects
- Increase or Decrease counter by using touch
- A progress bar keeping track and showing your work
- Increase Row Counter: 'Add', 'Row', 'Plus'
- Decrease Row Counter: 'Less', 'Subtract', 'Minus', 'Delete'
- Exit Voice Commands: 'Exit', 'Stop'
In the near future:
- Take and store pictures to keep progress of your work.
- Integration with knitting patterns database.
Want a new feature added to the application?
Just send me an email and I will gladly look into it.